It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons and discrimination???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This is not meant to offend I merely ask why!
I found out that in the Australian Army one will not be promoted above a certain rank unless he is a Mason no matter how good he is at his job. How is this fair? I got this info from a very close friend who is in the army and a mason, yet even he could not answer this with an answer that had any value to it. What other things are there that you have to be a mason so you''ll get where you want? I find it discriminating to any man that is good at his job wants to be the best at it and doesn't want to be part of the Freemasons, because he will either not get where he wants or he will HAVE TO JOIN the freemasons to get there even if he doesnt believe in it

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I don't think you'd find that's the case....especially in Australia.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

ok do i have to look at your profile for answer or will it come up on my profile? (for future reference) I am still learning about this site

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SickOfLies
This is not meant to offend I merely ask why!
I found out that in the Australian Army one will not be promoted above a certain rank unless he is a Mason no matter how good he is at his job. How is this fair?
That reads like an unsubstantiated rumor combined with sour grapes from someone who got passed over.

I got this info from a very close friend who is in the army and a mason, yet even he could not answer this with an answer that had any value to it.

So you're saying that he told you that this was happening, yet his doing so was worthless? I'm not parsing your sentence...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

ok do i have to look at your profile for answer or will it come up on my profile? (for future reference) I am still learning about this site

It shows up on my profile only. I could answer it there but you would only see it if you went back to my profile. The best way to send a message to someone is via U2U, like I did to you, or if you want more opinions, start a thread, as you have. let me know if you have any questions.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I am just trying to get a "grip" on what im being told all of a sudden everyone is talking about freemasonry around where I live and it got around to the army and freemasons, he said it was because they had more assets at their disposel. I am also going to my Local lodge on Monday as they have said on their site that there is a meeting then. I just want to know all i can, like i said it seems its everywhere at moment and alot is against it as well as for it and im sick of being pushed by so called friends to choose a side as i feel in this kind of case you cannot choose a side, so i am asking questions to the things i dont understand so i can try to

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

maybe stupid question but how do i access u2u? saves me searching how to do it

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SickOfLies

take your time learning all you can. Don't feel pressured into having to make some kind of decision.
There is plenty of time to form an opinion. But I do suggest going to the lodge and asking living breathing masons is the best way to start. As long as you are polite, you should be able to ask them anything and get a well reasoned response.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

maybe stupid question but how do i access u2u? saves me searching how to do it

go to tools at the top or show ribbon at the bottom and click messages. Yours should be yellow now.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

got it! thanks again friend you have been a great help with alot of things.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Then the first thing you'll need to understand is that Freemasonry isn't one thing. There's no one person or organization that oversees both American and Australian Freemasonry, for instance. Or, for that matter, no one body that oversees all of American Freemasonry, as each state has its own autonomous Grand Lodge.

So your post could be titled Australian Freemasons and discrimination, or even more specifically, Western Australian, Southern & Northern Territory Australian, Queensland, NSW & ACT, Victoria, Tasmania, or New Zealand Freemasons, because each of those groups is completely independent of the others.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

why especially in australia? are you in the aus army?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

This i did not know, as i thought different countries would have be different from one another but states would operate under 1 overseeing body, or Grand Lodge

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I always refer to this sitefor people with questions about masonry.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

This i did not know, as i thought different countries would have be different from one another but states would operate under 1 overseeing body, or Grand Lodge
They communicate with each other, but there is no one overseeing body.

These are the 7 autonomous Grand Lodges in your part of the world:
www.freemasonswa.org.au...
www.freemasonsvic.net.au...
www.santfreemasons.org.au...
www.uglnsw.freemasonry.org.au...
www.uglq.org.au...
www.freemasons.co.nz...
www.freemasonrytasmania.org...

(There could be hundreds of clandestine, or non-recognized lodges or even Grand Lodges on the continent as well, for all I know.)
edit on 2011.6.16 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Freemasonry makes a man good, kind and charitable...
Whats a good, kind and charitable man doing in the army!? What use would he be?
All the best and most powerful armies I can think of have evil, psychotic nutters in their ranks... Surely a good, kind and charitable mans place would be amongst the ranks of people who protest against his countries war mongering..?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Freemasonry is discriminatory. If you are not in the club then the insiders consider you to be PROFANE. therefore in the eyes of a mason a non mason is "less than" and how is this different than the use of words like infidel or goyim or the n word ? THINK about that.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by partycrasher
Freemasonry is discriminatory. If you are not in the club then the insiders consider you to be PROFANE.

1350–1400; (adj.) < Latin profānus literally, before (outside of) the temple

Source

Please include a source URL to external content .

The word meant "not in the temple" long before it adopted its derogatory meanings. When Masons use the term, it is in that sense.

therefore in the eyes of a mason a non mason is "less than"

False; one is simply outside of it.

and how is this different than the use of words like infidel or goyim or the n word ?

Or a professional baseball player calling the rec league guys amateurs? Or a Marine calling someone a civilian? Or...

THINK about that.

I would suggest the same to you.
edit on 19-6-2011 by xpert11 because: Mod Edit and note , add link

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I think this lady would be very surprised to hear she's a Freemason.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join