It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has legal authority for Libya mission without congressional authorization

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Its not like anyones ever heard of a public vote, when we went too war wtih vietnam, or Korea, or desert storm for that matter.. do i thinki ts right? no...the public has spoken, wether its lots or not so lots of votes. so apparently, presidential okie dokie to war has been going on since WWI even.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Seems obama is becoming more and more like bush jr. slowly. i personally suspected this would happen.
now, to rule things out..WWII...ddint rooseevelt ok to go to war, without or despite the publics vote? i do know he made a deal with england, at the time, supplying them with ships, planes, tanks, without being nationally involved.

The United States didn't officially enter WW2 until after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Afterward there was full deployment on both fronts. (just for clarification)

You know man... I think Obama is really becoming his own self made monster.. I will have to agree that he is taking full advantage of precedent set by Bush jr. but really I think in many ways he is far worse.. Bush stuck his nose where it didn't belong but he didn't stick it in everyone's don't belong department (He just wanted Iraq mostly).. Unlike Bush, Obama has his sights fixed over the entire region almost as if he is trying to build an empire... he is acting as more of a conqueror than a president, and judging by his recent public comments he is letting no one (not even Congress) get in his way.

Congress IMO has every right at this point to impeach the president as he is breaking the very law he swore and oath to protect and is going far beyond his mandate... If re-elected I bet you will see even more targets for his personal crusade and believe me when I tell you he will get away with it.
edit on 16-6-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join