It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009 vs. 2011: Some Facts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Walls of the City

A handy, dandy chart of some of the differences between 2009 and 2011. Some interesting gems:

.............................................Jan 2009 ...........TODAY
Corn, no. 2 yellow, Central IL......$3.56...............$7.33
Number of unemployed.........11,616,000.........14,485,000
National debt, in trillions...........$10.627.............$14.052

Do you know why corn, the single most important food plant in the history of the western hemisphere, is so high? Because of the amount of oil it takes to farm and process it:

Crude oil, European Brent (barrel)...$43..............$105

This comment says it all:

those price increases are directly due to the federal government wantonly printing money at an amazing rate, all in the name of "quantitative easing", which has the entirely predictable and arguably planned-for result of devaluing the American dollar. The simpler explanation is that goods are not getting more expensive; the dollar is simply worth less.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Great thread, but I can't say this surprises me and it shouldn't surprise anyone else who is on this forum who is awake. TPTB are openly admitting they want to put the American public and more specifically the middle class into a financial and economic choke hold. These stats are just proof of that.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
talk about a jump, darn Obama for being a selfish man/clone he is today.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I can't blame Obama's actions completely, though I can blame his inaction. He has perpetuated the wars and bailouts that Bush started, which meant that the Federal Reserve has to keep printing money that we don't have, thus driving up the cost of goods. With the stroke of a pen he could choke out the Federal Reserve without challenging them directly by stopping the wars and ending spending us out of control.

/TOA

top topics

join