It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artist turns scrap cars into beautiful peices of art.. recycling rocks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Source

Dubbed "the junk yard michael angelo", Dick Shaefer has created some amazing peices from old scrap cars.

I thought that the fragile earth forum could use a little light heartedness for a change from all of this doom and gloom.. and so .. voila.. a nice recycling success story!

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
That's cool,

So often around here - in 'the Bible Belt' everyone has this idea of how things are supposed to be.
Houses are supposed to look just like this, yards just like that, cars just like this.
It really is an oppressive sort of atmosphere, when IMO, it would be so much better if people felt more free to NOT comply with such community standards - it would encourage more recycling and reuse in novel ways.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Recycled art is a lot of fun. Here is one I made, climbing the TV tower. His friend is watching from the garage roof.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0bf6999b72e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by villagesmithie
Recycled art is a lot of fun. Here is one I made, climbing the TV tower. His friend is watching from the garage roof.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0bf6999b72e.jpg[/atsimg]

Where can I order mine!?!?! hehe

That is awesome buddy!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

My daughter is Majoring in Art/marketing. Here is a pic of one of her projects. She really likes creating Art out of junk.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
A replica of Stonehenge was created in Alliance Nebraska. www.carhenge.com... Don't forget to click the link to other sculptures that are there. www.carhenge.com...

edit on 16-6-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join