It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Give Act and the Obama Youth Brigade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So I read a thread earlier where the OP was asking people what they thank Obama for. The ATS crowd is pretty informed so needless to say, they had awesome informative answers. Some people felt we were being unfair because Obama was "helping people get into college". Selfless act? Not from our government.

So I want to explain to everyone how the Give Act works and why you should be pissed.

Obama and his Youth Brigade

"Is this the change you really voted for? President Obama has only been in office for two months. Now we have HR 1388. The Bill was sponsored by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) with 37 others. The Bill was introduced to the floor of the House of Representatives where both Republicans and Democrats voted 321-105 in favor. Next it goes to the Senate for a vote and then on to President Obama. This bill's title is called "Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education" (GIVE). It forms what some are calling "Obama's Youth Brigade." Obama's plan is require anyone receiving school loans and others to serve at least three months as part of the brigade .. His goal is one million youth! This has serious Nazi Germany overtones to it. The Bill would forbid any student in the brigade to participate in "engaging in religious instruction, conducting worship services, providing instruction as part of a program that includes mandatory religious instruction or worship, constructing or operating facilities devoted to religious instruction or worship, maintaining facilities primarily or inherently devoted to religious instruction or worship, or engaging in any form of religious proselytization." That means no church attendance or witnessing. Again, is this what America voted for? Here is part of the HR1388 Bill's wording: SEC. 1304 PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES AND INELIGIBLE ORGANIZATIONS. Section 125 (42 U.S.C. 12575) is amended to read as follows: SEC. 125. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES AND INELIGIBLE ORGANIZATIONS. (a) Prohibited Activities - A participant in an approved national service position under this subtitle may not engage in the following activities: (1) Attempting to influence legislation. (2) Organizing or engaging in protests, petitions, boycotts, or strikes. (7) Engaging in religious instruction, conducting worship services, providing instruction as part of a program that includes mandatory religious instruction or worship, constructing or operating facilities devoted to religious instruction or worship, maintaining facilities primarily or inherently devoted to religious instruction or worship, or engaging in any form of religious proselytization."

Thank you Obama!

The Give Act
edit on 15-6-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Even after Obama was long gone you bet that his "Hitler Youth" is gonna still be around lest there are some changes

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Yeah, Republicans will pretend it never happened but you can bet Ron Paul would be all over it, if he could win an election

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Your message seems somewhat confused. First, your summation regarding the prohibition of religious participation while in this "program" is *not* supported by the quote you provided. The quote states that you cannot conduct or organize - it does not say you can't participate.

Further - you give a link to Snopes which clearly states that participation in the "program(s)" is voluntary, and that cash repayment is just fine - which is completely at odds with your first statement saying that participation is "mandatory". In fact, the Snopes summary is pretty much at odds with everything you summarized.

Please restate the factual points you were intending to make.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
We are a secular nation.

Worship on your own funds.

Hitler what?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yes your post is definetly skewed to make Obama look bad. This law simply states you can't organize or lead religious services as it would conflict with the separation of church and state and lead to a whole mess. It does not prevent you from worshiping on your own time.
edit on 15-6-2011 by kro32 because: added

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Is this the change you really voted for?

4 types of people voted for Obama.

1 - The young and the uneducated minority sect who knew nothing about an election at all or had very limited knoweldge of how the process works. Many couldn't even name the states much less the last 14 Presidents.

2- Hard line Dems who fell for everything he said and some who didn't buy it but they were straightline Dems, so they voted for him anyway.

3 - Blacks who just wanted to see another in office.

4 - People who didn't have the stomach to continue with the GOP line. Had Obama had been a Republican he wouldn't have been President today due to these people in the voting booths.

Obama will go down in history as the biggest failure of a president ever.
edit on 6/15/2011 by Humint1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

I'm curious...if he wins reelection - what will be your excuse then?
edit on 15-6-2011 by userid1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Please note that you are on the Above Top Secret website. If we listened to and fell for every conservative hardliner-spun non-issue that came along, we'd be the poorest bunch of numbskull "independent thinkers" ever. It's just more divisive crap, of which I for one have had more than a bellyful.

I've seen this posted other places before. The only sites it gets the positive feedback the poster expects is at the knee-jerk reactionary forums where it was intended to be seeded to stir up the ignorant yahoos.

Just trying to make my opinion clear. Upon review, I don't believe I've violated the T&C....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
So I read a thread earlier where the OP was asking people what they thank Obama for. The ATS crowd is pretty informed so needless to say, they had awesome informative answers. Some people felt we were being unfair because Obama was "helping people get into college". Selfless act? Not from our government.

So I want to explain to everyone how the Give Act works and why you should be pissed.

Obama and his Youth Brigade

"Is this the change you really voted for? President Obama has only been in office for two months. Now we have HR 1388. The Bill was sponsored by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) with 37 others. The Bill was introduced to the floor of the House of Representatives where both Republicans and Democrats voted 321-105 in favor. Next it goes to the Senate for a vote and then on to President Obama. This bill's title is called "Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education" (GIVE). It forms what some are calling "Obama's Youth Brigade." Obama's plan is require anyone receiving school loans and others to serve at least three months as part of the brigade .. His goal is one million youth! This has serious Nazi Germany overtones to it. The Bill would forbid any student in the brigade to participate in "engaging in religious instruction, conducting worship services, providing instruction as part of a program that includes mandatory religious instruction or worship, constructing or operating facilities devoted to religious instruction or worship, maintaining facilities primarily or inherently devoted to religious instruction or worship, or engaging in any form of religious proselytization." That means no church attendance or witnessing. Again, is this what America voted for? Here is part of the HR1388 Bill's wording: SEC. 1304 PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES AND INELIGIBLE ORGANIZATIONS. Section 125 (42 U.S.C. 12575) is amended to read as follows: SEC. 125. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES AND INELIGIBLE ORGANIZATIONS. (a) Prohibited Activities - A participant in an approved national service position under this subtitle may not engage in the following activities: (1) Attempting to influence legislation. (2) Organizing or engaging in protests, petitions, boycotts, or strikes. (7) Engaging in religious instruction, conducting worship services, providing instruction as part of a program that includes mandatory religious instruction or worship, constructing or operating facilities devoted to religious instruction or worship, maintaining facilities primarily or inherently devoted to religious instruction or worship, or engaging in any form of religious proselytization."

Thank you Obama!

The Give Act

Actually it is Obama Youth Brigade lite. They wanted a kind of draft but woke up to the very real possibility it would cause a Civil War or constitute a massive threat to national security(showing other nations that the vast majority of America's son's are unwilling to defend America. The Militia response is the reason why the Soviet Union at it's height and China never wanted to invade US soil. Take that away and an invasion because very plausible).

So they intend to use economic levers. This will die in the Senate or risk greatly accelerating the Gender war.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
We are a secular nation.

Worship on your own funds.

Hitler what?

Secular doesn't=atheist's or even pro-atheist. Secular means the government can't interfere with religion/Church's.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
en.wikipedia.org...

Notice the written law? Congress can't make any law's that interfere with the free exercise of religion. The separation between Church and State is a Judicial action not authorized by the Constitution. According to the Constitution American Citizen's have an inalienable right to practice religion and the government can't interfere.

The Constitution affords atheist's no real protection whatsoever. The whole practice of case law is utterly unconstitutional and blatantly treasonous. Case law is nothing more then a tool of atheist progressives to subvert the Republic and the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
History repeating itself. Not many think it won't happen again to be oblivious just as others were around the world in WWII.

Why couldn't it happen? All the precursors from the second world war are slowly being apart of the US. Flouride, youth brigades, internal security to 'protect' the citizens, organized control to milk the whole country of everything and make people into pieces of meat. It is coming, spiraling closer and closer and it's going to be worse then before, because the world has united through the internet. Every country will be apart of it.

I guess it could be written as learning pains before we unite together as One planet (NWO freaks need not apply as that is the perverted version, the one before the knot is undone from the misguidedness.)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Snopes

You have quoted a Snopes page that contains the viral email in your post. Did you see the big

MOSTLY FALSE

at the top of the page??? That means the email you posted is mostly false. A bunch of hype and lies.

You really should read your entire source

edit on 6/16/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by userid1

Obama will not be re-elected. You can bank on that..

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Holy crap.

I sit here shaking my head in disbelief that crap like this can happen, yet my gut tells me that is has been talked about many moons ago and I knew these things were coming.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by BrianC

Snopes

You have quoted a Snopes page that contains the viral email in your post. Did you see the big

MOSTLY FALSE

at the top of the page??? That means the email you posted is mostly false. A bunch of hype and lies.

You really should read your entire source

edit on 6/16/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

I too caught that too late.
But, behind rumor is a bit of truth.
Out of the mostly false, what is true?

link   
Double post

edit on 16-6-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by macman
I sit here shaking my head in disbelief ...

You should listen to your head. Or at the very lease read the rest of the thread. The OP is false.

top topics

join