It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jellyfish + humans = lasers. Next up? Immortality!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So, we have mixed jellyfish and human components to perhaps one day have laser shooting humans or some other such nonesense.

Recently I came across a very interesting article on how scientist have discovered the first true "immortal" creature. I present to you Turritopsis nutricula!

en.wikipedia.org...

So what if this is a first step to mixing genes, dna or what have you with these jellyfish? Im sure the science is not there yet, but perhaps this is the desired end result.

So the conspiracy theory would go somthing like this:

The elite sucessful engineer the worlds first immortal humans, or manage to make themselves immortal. Great, but the world is overpopulated and in trouble, no sense in living forever if your quality of life is in decline.

So, you bury yourself in your bunker with seed vault and food stores to last you years. False wars ensue on the surface leading up to a nuclear armageddon. Populations are decimated and eventually stabilize. Remaining humans are reduced to tribal levels.

The elite emerge. They either rule over the tribes and gods and kings, or sterilize or exterminate them.

Selective breeding or sterilization among the elite would be required in order to ensure their continued, eternal rule over the world in comfort and assure overpopulaton would never be an issue. Resources will never run out and with their modern technology, they continue to grow and prosper. Forever.

The fountain of youth! Discovered, tapped and protected for all time.

Ps. A quick appology for the cross post. My original post was renamed and now looks very much like the other jellyfish posts. Not my intention, i wanted to start a discussion on where this might lead. Feel free to delete me first post.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
No single specimen has been observed for any extended period, so it is not currently possible to estimate the age of an individual, and so even if this species has the potential for immortality, there is no laboratory evidence of many generations surviving from any individual. COPIED FROM WIKI

isit this all just Theoretically possible?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

I wonder how the immortal jellyfish gene could help advance human immortality studies? I don't have a polyp stage to revert to

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

Perhaps, but as far as studies into human immortality goes, these seems to be one of the most important discoveries ever. Combine that with the cellular and dna studies being done today and who knows what might be possible!

My article is meant to be a bit tounge in cheek. I found the article i read today about the jellyfish/human laser thing quite fascinating and thought back to the old immortal jellyfish story i read a while back. Im fairly certain this may not even be possible, but it does make you wonder.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Yeah I do believe it's very possible and this probably is getting us a step closer.

I just can't imagine how it will end up being achieved and when?! Today's medicines have already improved lifespans and it's only going to get better...maybe we'll see it sooner than we think

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Interesting. Reverting to a polyp. So if mixed with a human, a human will revert to a baby?

Who's gonna change his diapers?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Agreed, unlikely and doubtful it could be applied to mammals. But who knows?

It seemed odd to me that they were using specifically jellyfish and human cells together. Maybe something like this is their end goal?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
So, we have mixed jellyfish and human components to perhaps one day have laser shooting humans or some other such nonesense.

Recently I came across a very interesting article on how scientist have discovered the first true "immortal" creature. I present to you Turritopsis nutricula!

en.wikipedia.org...

So what if this is a first step to mixing genes, dna or what have you with these jellyfish? Im sure the science is not there yet, but perhaps this is the desired end result.

So the conspiracy theory would go somthing like this:

The elite sucessful engineer the worlds first immortal humans, or manage to make themselves immortal. Great, but the world is overpopulated and in trouble, no sense in living forever if your quality of life is in decline.

So, you bury yourself in your bunker with seed vault and food stores to last you years. False wars ensue on the surface leading up to a nuclear armageddon. Populations are decimated and eventually stabilize. Remaining humans are reduced to tribal levels.

The elite emerge. They either rule over the tribes and gods and kings, or sterilize or exterminate them.

Selective breeding or sterilization among the elite would be required in order to ensure their continued, eternal rule over the world in comfort and assure overpopulaton would never be an issue. Resources will never run out and with their modern technology, they continue to grow and prosper. Forever.

The fountain of youth! Discovered, tapped and protected for all time.

Ps. A quick appology for the cross post. My original post was renamed and now looks very much like the other jellyfish posts. Not my intention, i wanted to start a discussion on where this might lead. Feel free to delete me first post.

you forgot about the zombie pandemic apocalypse (not kidding) ... and the 'fountain of youth' is symbolic.. it's actually within your own body by raising your kundalini through white tantric sex (sex without orgasm) .. which brings immortality through a newly formed gland in the palate that secretes 'amrita' which gleans a reversal of the aging process.. but hey.. don't believe me... lawlz...

top topics

join