It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds probe -- for a 3rd time -- loss of billions in Iraqi funds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
cnn.com.../video/bestoftv/2011/06/13/exp.tsr.todd.missing.iraq.cash.cnn

Washington (CNN) -- The U.S. official in charge of investigating fraud in Iraq said Monday he is carrying out a third audit to see if it might determine what happened to $6.7 billion in cash that was flown into Iraq eight years ago and is now missing.
"It has not been properly accounted for," said Stuart Bowen, special inspector general for Iraq reconstruction.
The money -- which belonged to Iraq -- was part of a sum of $20 billion that was shipped into war-torn Baghdad in bricks of hundred-dollar bills. They were shrink-wrapped and stored in the Central Bank of Iraq to pay for reconstruction.

Ok I just had to write something about this and couldnt find it in the forums but this is frikken rediculous!
How the heck can you, during war times, fly out BILLIONS of dollars in CASH to a country that is in war, in CASH!!!! Is our Government really that stupid?

Someone seriously needs buy a nuke and plant that damned thing in the White House asap cause I have never heard of anything more stupid than this story. Keep in mind, $6.8 billion dollars CASH monies when our once great nation is in a major financial crisis and they want to rebuild a frikken towel head country that still hates us today!

I think the public needs to respond on this crap. Stop paying taxes. No more help TO the Government. Stuff the darned president and his 4+ vacations a year! I am furious!

Sorry just had to get that out

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It got "lost" and I "found" it in my bank account.

Seriously though, how do you "lose" $6.7 billion?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Who knows we may be running in the black and don't even know it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Im sure we have been running in the black for quite some time now just the Government has not released the true sums of our debt's!

top topics

join