It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil's Blood: one of the greatest bands I've come across in awhile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Its basically a mixture of everything you'd like from a 70's psychedelic rock band mixed with lyrical concepts dealing with the occult. And judging from the live videos- I would probably kill to see them in person. I just felt obligated to share this with everyone

And you guys can turn this into a recommendation thread if you want. I'd be interested in finding similar bands.

edit on 6/15/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Nice!

A throwback to the 60's and 70's...Finally!

Lead guitar making a comeback is sweet.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Glad you like it. I can't stop listening to this band. Its amazing on so many levels.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If you like guitar, FireWolfe has twin guitar powered old school metal!!!

FireWolfe

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Thanks! I've never heard of these guys before. I gave 'em a listen; they're pretty good. You might like Primal Fear since they sound pretty similar. Dream Evil is another similar power metal band.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It was really wild man, I tried more than 3 and a half times to print off some lyrics for posterity but encountered incredible hardship spooling the 3 ply t-paper into my Epson.

It was outrageous. Furthermore, I would not allow these ppl the honor of herding my goats for fear of them spoiling the integrity of my flock much less the opportunity to pollute silence with some amplified freshmen sounding auditory unpleasantness.

I would suggest a segway toward some gainful employment rather than substantiating the fact that good taste in music eludes some people utterly.

Type thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gypsychology909

Here's a star. Now GTFO.

edit on 6/15/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
reply to post by Soldier of God

Thanks! I've never heard of these guys before. I gave 'em a listen; they're pretty good. You might like Primal Fear since they sound pretty similar. Dream Evil is another similar power metal band.

Yes, both of those bands are great!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This band takes the lamest cake in town. The ugly chick is an OK singer, meh. Songs are pedestrian, and what lead guitars are you talking about? Sounds like a high school band at best.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

It just sounds like passionate music to me. Seems like you're taking a hipster's perspective on this...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They are actually part of a current retro occult rock/metal movement. Other bands of this movement are Jex Thoth, Blood Ceremony, Samsara Blues Experiment, Ghost, Firebird, The orne, Night Horse, graveyard, horisont, black math horseman, opium warlords and astra.

top topics

join