It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army Abandons Unpopular Beret for Patrol Cap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
YEE HAAA! It’s about time. I took 10 flippin’ years for them to figure this out?

www.foxnews.com...

Now it’s time to get rid of the ACU’s once and for all.

I would like to see a investigation in the family backgrounds of those who authorized these crappy changes. I guarantee that there are connections to the people who received the contracts.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Years ago the beret was something that the average soldier envyed because they couldn't wear it. Then they found out it was hard to keep clean and did not fit well under the helmet if they chose to wear it that way. Also not easy to store like the patrol cap while inside a building as you have to remove your head gear when you enter. A soldier has to pay for uniforms...cost more too. Part of a dress uniform maybe.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Years ago the beret was something that the average soldier envyed because they couldn't wear it. Then they found out it was hard to keep clean and did not fit well under the helmet if they chose to wear it that way. Also not easy to store like the patrol cap while inside a building as you have to remove your head gear when you enter. A soldier has to pay for uniforms...cost more too. Part of a dress uniform maybe.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SPYvsSPY

I did 10 yrs in the 82d ABN. I loved jumping, but have always hated the beret. Made of wool, keeps the North Carolina heat in, ya sweat like a pig. provides no protection from the sun. It isn't remotely tactical.

Luckily, I had a Command that hated the beret as well. I've worn it maybe five or six times since it's adoption Army-wide and that was always in Class A's.

new topics

top topics

join