It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Anomaly - What is it that we are not allowed to see?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Not only that but due to lack of atmosphere on the moon there's no real ambient light..

There must be an atmosphere on the moon. You can hear the Apollo astronaut hammering the metal stake in the moon for the lunar surface experiments.

Sound only travels if there is an atmosphere. You can hear the "twangs" when he beats the stake with a hammer.
Then again maybe they forgot to remove the sound from the stage recording out in the desert where they hoaxed the Apollo missions.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Why are the space cut out ?

You clearly can see between the legs and arms of their shuttle that landed on the moon have different background than the majority empty blackness...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunakki

I'm still new to ATS and not able to create a thread yet, but wanted to get this out in the open. I found this article titled: "Moon Dust Found At St. Louis Auction House" What I found odd was this: "It came from outer space, but ended up for sale at a St. Louis auction house. Then the feds stepped in."

My question is: What is it about a little moon dust that's so super top secret that the Feds acted so quickly to snatch it up?

Here is a link to the article: stlouis.cbslocal.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
My question is: What is it about a little moon dust that's so super top secret that the Feds acted so quickly to snatch it up?
The stuff is very valuable (essentially priceless, and a national treasure), and you're wondering why the federal government would swoop in to reclaim it after it was stolen? They'd do that for any valuable item that was stolen from the government.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is, what is so damn weird about there being alien ruins on the moon?
There are ruins here on earth that, as a historian, I cannot explain.
What's so freaky about there being the same sort of evidence on the moon, too?
Why is it considered laughable and out of the question?
Because, really, it isn't.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Well, it might be because we do not have any real proof that there are any other intelligent beings in the entire universe but ourselves, and finding ruins on the Moon would mean that there are others, and possibly even more intelligent than us, and it would put 5,000 years of cosomology and most of our major religions into question.

Just a little thing like that. Are you purposely trying to be obtuse?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Well, it might be because we do not have any real proof that there are any other intelligent beings in the entire universe but ourselves, and finding ruins on the Moon would mean that there are others, and possibly even more intelligent than us, and it would put 5,000 years of cosomology and most of our major religions into question.

Just a little thing like that. Are you purposely trying to be obtuse?

Not at all, but I think your answer is deliberately obtuse.
If we went around deciding on things irrefutably just because we didn't have any concrete proof, we wouldn't have built the Large Hadron Collider.
Again, what is so weird about it?
What *WOULD* be weird, is if we were the only intelligent species of our kind in an infinite universe.
Actually, that goes beyond weird and into downright ridiculous.
Everything we think we know, gets turned upsidedown eventually.

Unless, the earth really is flat, was made in 6 days, and the sun revolves around us.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
There must be an atmosphere on the moon. You can hear the Apollo astronaut hammering the metal stake in the moon for the lunar surface experiments.

Sound only travels if there is an atmosphere. You can hear the "twangs" when he beats the stake with a hammer.
Then again maybe they forgot to remove the sound from the stage recording out in the desert where they hoaxed the Apollo missions.

I haven't heard the recording you are talking about, but your statement

Sound only travels if there is an atmosphere.
is not accurate. Sound also travels through solid objects.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

That makes sense to me. As for priceless, it is to us, but from what I understand, the US goverment has plenty of moon dust and rocks. And, I recall as a kid, and even to this day, moon dust can be purchased at the Wyatt-Patternson Air Force Musem. Makes me ask, is it really moon dust that's for sale?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm still on the fence when it comes to the whole we did we didn't debate on the moon but all the stictching together i guess made the pictures look more of a flowing gallery.
I think there is alot we don't need to be told about when it comes to the moon,i'm not talking huge ships & alien bones or anything i'm talking about structures & writings maybe,untill they work out what they are we aint going to know.
hopefully when other nations get to the moon they'll be more forthcoming with whats really up there.

edit on 24-6-2011 by rhynouk because: adding things

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
reply to post by nataylor

That makes sense to me. As for priceless, it is to us, but from what I understand, the US goverment has plenty of moon dust and rocks. And, I recall as a kid, and even to this day, moon dust can be purchased at the Wyatt-Patternson Air Force Musem. Makes me ask, is it really moon dust that's for sale?
There was a total of 382 kg of lunar samples brought back by the Apollo missions. That's not a lot of material, certainly not enough to distribute it to any researcher who wants it while still holding on to some to wait for better analysis techniques to be developed in the future. I believe NASA puts a value of about $1.5 million per once on the material.

Any "moon dust" that was being sold as souvenires was certainly just simulated stuff (likely a poor simulation, just meant to be a novelty).
edit on 24-6-2011 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join