It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gog and Magog Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Thought this was a very interesting dream I had last night.

I am not religous. However, I don't deny religion and if people believe in their religion it may well be a reality for them.

I have come across Gog and Magog briefly over time without ever spending anytime reading up on them very much. If you asked me about them I would not be able to tell you anything specific.

My dream last night invovled two men playing a game. Their names were Gag and Magog. The names kept been repeated in the dream, over and over. It wasn't anything horrible or nightmarish or end of the world scenario. They were simply playing a game.

The only other thing that came out of the dream was a connection that Gog and Magog were either already here or were on their way here. They would be appearing out of Russia. I have nothing against Russia. I have no resentment against Russia or anyhting like that. It was just another element of the dream.

Anyway I woke up with the names ringing in my head. I passed no remarks on it and didn't realise until about 30mins later that I knew those names from somewhere.

Anyway this is from wiki for those not familar with the two:

Revelation

The author of the Book of Revelation, from the end of the 1st century CE, tells how he sees in a vision Satan rallying Gog and Magog, "the nations in the four corners of the Earth," to a final battle with Christ and his saints:

When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the Earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore.[21]

After the defeat of Satan and his forces a New Jerusalem descends from Heaven, but it contains no Temple, "because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple" (Revelation 21:22).

By the end of the 1st century CE Jewish tradition had long since changed Ezekiel's "Gog from Magog" into "Gog and Magog", the ultimate enemies of God's people, to be destroyed in the final battle.[22] Ezekiel's Gog from Magog was a symbol of the evil darkness of the north and the powers hostile to God,[2] but in Revelation, Gog and Magog have no geographic location, and instead represent the nations of the world, banded together for the final assault on Christ and those who follow him.[23]

en.wikipedia.org...

not happy reading that.

I am also in Ireland. I couldn't believe when I found this link which I have never come across before;
Gog and Magog in Ireland
"Gog and Magog giving Paddy a Lift Out of the Mire." From Punch magazine, 1846

Works of Irish mythology, including the Lebor Gabála Érenn (the Book of Invasions), expand on the Genesis account of Magog as the son of Japheth and make him the ancestor to the Irish through Partholón, leader of the first group to colonize Ireland after the Deluge, and a descendant of Magog, as also were the Milesians, the people of the 5th invasion of Ireland. Magog was also the progenitor of the Scythians, as well as of numerous other races across Europe and Central Asia. His three sons were Baath, Jobhath, and Fathochta.[48]

en.wikipedia.org...

anyway thought it was strange to be dreaming about them. need to finish this up now as a bird just flew into my house. guess the superstitious among you will love that.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

The Irish connection is more than a little interesting to this 45 plus year student of Bible prophecy.

I wonder what the implications might be for that Biblical prophecy.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Will the Western/British/ etc. culture end up attacking Israel with Russia?

God have mercy on us, if so.

I pray not.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Gog & Magog are the archetypical negative forces of militaristic society [ military industrial complex] and war.
Gog is the political machinations that countries are involved in that inevitably leads to the Magog—negative energy of War.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Thanks for this. I'm going to research this more. I had no idea Ireland was tied into this, although I've read how Jeremiah, I think, escaped through Egypt, taking with him a boat load of escapees and a Hebrew princess and made his way to Ireland. Of course, I've read theories that he also ended up in North America. It's difficult seeking the truth when there's so many different theories and myths out there.

I meant this for the OP, hit the wrong reply button, but your info is good for me, too.
edit on 14-6-2011 by kyred because: Cuz I messed up.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Magog certainly had the bigger prescence in the dream.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

haven't really considered what kind of event this could be portraying/warning. the dream had nothing like that in it. they were simply plaing a game. this would kind of tally with my own belief system. i view this whole existance as a game. we are simply here to learn. or maybe 'unlearn'.

its really bizzare that the names were so 'in my face' during the dream. haven't seen them mentioned anywhere in a long time and would have no particular interest in them.

i'll play with whats left in my head from the dream over the next few hours /day to see if i can pull anything else out of it.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I've always understood the Gog and Magog war on Israel to be a Russian led offensive together with some other countries. So that reference in your dream re Russia is very interesting!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
strange dream and thanks for sharing
for the game... well it could be the great game, which the Russians are certainly embroiled in.

As for the references to Gog and Magog there are a number of similar references across the Isles of Britain and Ireland, they are defined as the protectors of the city of London and also some Downs in Southern England.. there is even a Gog Magog Golf Club.

www.gogmagog.co.uk...

I personally don't think Russia is gog or magog or gog from magog.. they are just words and all sides of conflict seem to feel they are in the right or have god on their sides.. and write prophecies denoting the doom of those they dislike.

As to why the name gog and magog have been adopted, I think the language we use to interpret these things over the ages kinda gets a bit messed up.. in my neck of the woods the word pharisees means faeries.. which is a reduplicated plural of the word phari (fairy)

So interpreting the bible could leave a local person *scratching their head* wondering why Jesus argues/confronts faeries. Since it doesn't really make sense when both languages clash in meaning.

Sorry, might have got off topic..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Does not the original areas of the settlements of Gog lay in the region between the Black and Caspian seas?

It may not be of much of a surprise that the people from this region were once known as the Kazarians.

Does this ring a bell with anyone else???

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I personally don't think Russia is gog or magog or gog from magog.. they are just words and all sides of conflict seem to feel they are in the right or have god on their sides.. and write prophecies denoting the doom of those they dislike.

the gog and magog characters where in the dream. the question then being asked in the dream is : who are these characters? where are they from? the answer given to this question was simply watch russia.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
double post
edit on 14-6-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

the gog and magog characters where in the dream. the question then being asked in the dream is : who are these characters? where are they from? the answer given to this question was simply watch russia.

Sorry I covered 2 topics in one post, the first line was was responding to you about, Gog-Magog, Russia and the game.. and that maybe this is a reflection of the great game (or Tournament of Shadows) being played out now on the worlds stage..

en.wikipedia.org...

the second bit is directly my thinking of Gog and Magog being simply words and how they have been used throughout the Isles of Britain and Ireland.. I really should learn to separate out my thoughts when responding to people
sorry.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
Does not the original areas of the settlements of Gog lay in the region between the Black and Caspian seas?

It may not be of much of a surprise that the people from this region were once known as the Kazarians.

Does this ring a bell with anyone else???

there is a lot of different references ., locations for the names.

there is even a city in quebec, canada called magog.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
I've always understood the Gog and Magog war on Israel to be a Russian led offensive together with some other countries. So that reference in your dream re Russia is very interesting!

the russian thing was something i would not have been aware.

The logical explanation is that I read this sometime ago and completely forgot about it. I am not particular forgetful. My brain just then threw this vague info together in a very strange dream.

if this is not something i read then i guess it does make it a little more exciting.

new topics

top topics

join