It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you come home.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I posted this earlier in Music but nobody is commenting and I'm not really sharing the music anyways I'm sharing the point.

Why are we still at War? It's gone on long enough! I heard somewhere that the war on terror has claimed almost as many lives as the American Civil War. Although I don't know if that's true this is ridiculous.

End the war on terror. Who's with me?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

It certainly has not claimed as many American lives as the civil war.

Reposting the same thing is silly, no one responded the first time for a reason.

Of course everyone would like all of the wars to end, but we don't like in a society where that is currently possible.

I've done three tours during the war on terror and imho that songs sucks out loud..
edit on 14-6-2011 by aceto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Didn't you get the memo? There is no war on terror. Terrorism is a "Law Enforcement" issue. I agree we should bring our troops home. All of them. From everywhere. We don't need to keep our forces deployed outside the US anymore anyway. We have "global reach" now. We have the X37B. We can just start dropping smart bombs from space on anybody that we feel we need to smack down. If we bring all our troops home, think of all the money we can save? Think of how secure we could make our own borders? The whole "war on terror" propaganda trick is to transparent to be used anymore, and "terrorism" will always be with us, forever. Just like it always has been, It's what human beings do when they grow up scared and stupid. It's what happens when angry monkeys create technology. It's what happens when you don't question your leaders motivations. We're screwed. But there is a bright side. Right now, as far as we know, we have a whole Universe to export our stupidity and hate to, so that should thin it out a little

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by aceto

Reposting the same thing is silly, no one responded the first time for a reason.

Yes because the Music forum gets hits right? I was trying to make a point and I cant make a point if I dont get someone to read it. Well I guess I can but then their is no real point. It's like talking to yourself.

Of course everyone would like all of the wars to end, but we don't live in a society where that is currently possible because nobody wants to.

FTFY.

If we wanted to live in a peaceful society we could. We don't because we don't want to. Or rather people like you aren't willing to try for a peaceful society. I love this "Don't try to change anything it won't work" attitude. Isn't that the same thing that has been said to people for years? Wasn't the same thing said to the African American people trying to get equal rights? I think so.

It certainly has not claimed as many American lives as the civil war.

I didn't claim to be throwing around a fact there. It was just something I heard. Here I'll do some research real fast and get the real facts.

(btw I was considering all the innocent people that have been collateral damage as well. Not just US troops or ect. All around the world)

4000 US soldier died in 9 years. the terrorist in Iraq and Afghanistan lost about 2 million.

It was a yahoo answers so I have no source on that. If we consider half the terrorist killed to be innocent collateral damage then we have over a million killed. Certainly a horrible war good sir. I wish it would end.

top topics

join