It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who here is watching the CNN Republican Presidential Debate with me?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

They're going to replay it in 5 minutes on CNN.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So peeps how did the dog and pony show go? I know Ron Paul was the only one of substance and I did not even watch. And of those that say the same things he has been saying for decades now the difference is Ron Paul will actually do what he says where as they are just pandering for votes.

Also I bet he did not get as many questions and the ones he did get were ridiculous and not germane to the topics. Also they like to try and catch him in shots that make him look old etc. Am I right... Same ole same ole..

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
So peeps how did the dog and pony show go? I know Ron Paul was the only one of substance and I did not even watch. And of those that say the same things he has been saying for decades now the difference is Ron Paul will actually do what he says where as they are just pandering for votes.

Also I bet he did not get as many questions and the ones he did get were ridiculous and not germane to the topics. Also they like to try and catch him in shots that make him look old etc. Am I right... Same ole same ole..

Pretty much spot on. He was continually cut off while Romney was allowed to overly pontificate.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I listened to the debate while I was watching the game and I was surprised at how bad it was.
What was up with the 'This or That' questions? Also, whenever a serious, about the issues question was asked for everyone to answer, we were stuck with Romney talking for 5 minutes about how he could be a better president.

I thought Ron Paul was the only one that answered the questions with logical points and solutions. A lot of the average Americans are not fully aware of what the Federal Reserve has done to our economy and Ron Paul is the only candidate up there that is not afraid to point it out. We need a 100x more people like him.

Cain, IMO, shot himself in the foot tonight. He believes he has all the answers and I get so tired of the points and list he is always making. Romney is just in love with himself. I was actually surprised by Bachman and Newt. Their responses were professional but I believe that they are incapable of adapting and this country is due for a change. The rest have nothing.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by hillynilly

Just a few minutes ago on CNN they said Romney has about 30% of the polls, and Paul comes in 2nd with only 9% (they excluded Palin and a few others).

At the moment, it looks like Romney, Cain, and Paul are going to be the big contenders in this debate

Well, I hope Cain beats out Romney then. I missed the debate, but I am sure I can pick up the pieces tonight.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Theres no question Romney is the one they want against Obama. From the constant fake poll numbers to placing him right in the middle of the debate. Its all about Romney.

If you dont vote for Ron Paul you're too stupid to have a vote. Theres absolutely no excuse to vote for anyone else.... its like asking do you want freedom and liberty or more slavery and war?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Does not matter. Obama's going to be the last president. Because after the american people kick him out then the new world order begins

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It went pretty much as I expected, so no real surprises there.

Ron Paul and Mitt Romney came out on top as expected. Let's face it, Paul blew Romney out of the water with each and every one of his responses. The man had his game on. However, I cannot believe how much they catered to Romney during the debate! I swear he had more talk time then any of the other candidates -- could they have been any less subtle?!?!

Again, Bachmann came out as the wildcard with the tough-as-nails sound bites. There is no freakin' way Palin can hold a candle to this woman. She is going to be outclassed on all fronts if she even tries. Perhaps that's why she's holding off at the moment.

Gingrich came across better than I expected. Don't mean a thing though. The man's going to sink like a stone when it comes to picking a nominee. If anything, his role will be to rally the GOP faithful.

Is it me, or did it seem like Cain was nothing more than a series of sound bites? He talked a good line... he said what people wanted to hear (or what he thought they wanted to hear)... however, I'm not convinced he's got what it takes to lead the party line. I'm going to hold off on further judgement until the race shapes up a bit more.

Pawlenty and Santorum need to step up their game big time. I wouldn't be surprised if they're one of the first to drop.

Can't wait to read how the analysts and pundits break the debate down.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Complete Ron Paul Coverage

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

From what I watched Romney and Bachmann where watching Ron Paul very, very very closely. But I think Romney knows he has no shot at the Presidency, kind of seen it in his eyes. He is probably aiming to be a VP right now.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Ron Paul has already won. Did you notice that the rest of them are trying to sound like they agree with the same issues Ron Paul has been addressing for 30+ years. Of course, the rest of them are not sincere and are only pandering for votes. Ron Paul means it! That's the difference and I'm hoping people are waking up to that fact!
And it's sweet to see in these after-debate-polls, that Ron Paul is kicking some major butt. In one poll, he's at 92%, another 57%, CNN took one down after he reached (I think) 78%...et cetera...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Meh I didn't realize this thread was here or I would have commented earlier before making a similar one.

Anyway, i thought the whole thing sucked...BAD.

Here's how it went:

Q: How will you create jobs?

A: Obama sucks and is a failure

Q: How do you feel about the Bush tax cuts?

A: Obama sucks and is a failure

Q: How do you feel about the wars?

A: Obama sucks and he's a failure

Then none of the candidates could pick a single guy they'd like to have for VP who was on the stage...If they wouldn't take anyone else...SHOULD WE???

The only one who gave any kind of answer was Ron Paul...no one else answered anything...just the same BS we've all heard 8 million times....and the one guy (Paul) who was actually answering the questions isn't even electable.

At least they got the riveting questions answered...such as:

Coke or Pepsi? Pawlenty says Coke.....sorry man but I"m not a coke fan...you don't get my vote!!!!

American Idol or Dancing with the Stars? Newt says American Idol....he has my vote!!!! LOL

REALLY!?!?!?!!?!

If I were a Republican, i would not be "hyped" about what I just watched. Was horrible.

Bring me back some McCain..."end corruption in Wershington my friends!!!"

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I took a quick glimpse of what some of the MSM is saying who won.

Romney, Bachmann dominate gracious GOP debate

Lol, what? Bachmann "dominated"? Thats just too funny. Romney...yes I can see how they say he did good, but "dominated'? No.

I looked for the poll with the largest turnout so far, and found this one from fox (theres a few more candidates in there that were not at this debate)

Which candidate or would-be candidate would you most like to see debate Obama?

Paul is pretty much fighting Cain alone for the top spot. Paul only has a 3% lead at the moment. Romney and Palin are pretty much tied with the 2nd spot, then Newt is pretty much 3rd.

(that poll has about 73,000 responses at the moment)

reply to post by BeyondPerception

Now thats what Im talking about

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

And it's sweet to see in these after-debate-polls, that Ron Paul is kicking some major butt. In one poll, he's at 92%, another 57%, CNN took one down after he reached (I think) 78%...et cetera...

Were those online polls? His supporters usually flood with responses to get him up there. If he were getting that much support in the real world he would have won in 2008.

The more popular he gets, the more he's going to have to stand by things that are very unpopular among many voters. The media will hit him very hard.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

The author of the first article is currently being blasted right now on the Yahoo comments. People truly are starting to wake up

I love that poll also. Ron Paul is clearly the front runner yet tomorrow Fox News will tell me that same exact poll puts him at 3%. I bet you 1 peanut butter cup.
edit on 14-6-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
I took a quick glimpse of what some of the MSM is saying who won.

Romney, Bachmann dominate gracious GOP debate

CNN poll shows slightly differently

turner.mo2do.net...

Check these poll results on this one too...

vortexeffect.net...

And another (launched today, but different question - just figure it's interesting being that is on FauxNews)

www.foxnews.com...

These are the only ones I could find for now. Seems to be slightly different from what the MSM is trying to portray since Ron Paul is at the top of all of them. No surprise, typical media shenanigans.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
LOL 71% and 90%

Im telling you tomorrow Fox News is going to tell me Mitt Romney won all of these polls. They do this to me everyday! I see one thing and they tell me another and then Im the crazy one for not believing them!

Why is I always the crazy one

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

The author of the first article is currently being blasted right now on the Yahoo comments. People truly are starting to wake up

Im looking through those comments and am having a great time. Im guessing the author has a pretty red face at the moment....

link   

Originally posted by David9176
and the one guy (Paul) who was actually answering the questions isn't even electable.

The reason people keep saying Ron Paul is unelectable is because of the 5th grade mentality so many people in this nation have today. He is the only one who speaks any real truth anymore, and instead of looking at his record and understanding that he would do what he says, they giggle at him and call him old.
edit on 6/14/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Minor spelling error

link   
So all the pundits are saying Bachmann won the debate. Got to love the MSM!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join