It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

So who here is watching the CNN Republican Presidential Debate with me?

page: 8
15
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

LOL have a look at this. They rate Paul a "C" but dont even say a single word about why or how. He's not even mentioned in the article.

GOD I LOVE MAINSTREAM MEDIA! Who actually buys this crap?




posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176
 


I'd guess what the other poster referenced to were all or mostly online polls. And of course, it's pretty evident much of the Ron Paul voting could be multiple votes from the same entity (given that his audience is mostly younger, technologically savvy, and in the internet loop).

Either way, I think it's great exposure for him. At least for those who know nothing of Ron Paul, or never hear his name pull up in the MSM, it will at least spark some interest, and maybe they'll go ahead and dig a little deeper into what he has to say and what he wants to do.

To be honest, I don't think I've come across many polls where he wasn't at the top. I recall a recent poll showing how he compared to Obama, and it was like a 42% and 41% with Ron Paul on at the 41%. There was also some other GOP poll where he ended up at the top (CPAP or something?) Whether these were online, or not. I don't know. Like I mentioned above, as long as he's at the top, it spikes curiosity in people.

If the media wants to hide him in a dark room and only give exposure to those who don't deserve it, the grassroots movement will do whatever it takes to get him at least some deserved exposure.
edit on 6/14/2011 by BeyondPerception because: Clarity (seen in parenthesis)

edit on 6/14/2011 by BeyondPerception because: Typo



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
Figured I would add this into the thread...

Freedom Watch with the Judge...

Subject = Gary Johnson On Why CNN Banned Him From Republican Debates



Watching this between breaks... but basically for his views on the economy etc


I normally would just reply to someone's post but I figured this needed that little extra bump to go to 11.

This guy actually said "Abolish the FED". Paul/Johnson 2012? Sounds REALLY good to me.

I'm really quite shocked. Just found out about this guy from the video, did a little research and I just didn't know there was another politician out there that got it. They all are such buffoons that I gave up even looking for someone beside RP.

To boot, he's younger than RP, so all those haters on Paul's age might get on the bandwagon. Seems to be a lot of that.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This debate was pointless. None of the candidates were really trying to best each other. It was just another chance for the typical administration bashing and bigotry. John King was annoying. The questions were good, but the answers weren't. All of them did well though, I didn't see a real "winner". I don't think we'll have a real debate until after the primaries and the Republican Presidential and Vice Presidential nominees can debate with Obama and Biden.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
This debate was pointless. None of the candidates were really trying to best each other. It was just another chance for the typical administration bashing and bigotry. John King was annoying. The questions were good, but the answers weren't. All of them did well though, I didn't see a real "winner". I don't think we'll have a real debate until after the primaries and the Republican Presidential and Vice Presidential nominees can debate with Obama and Biden.


What do you mean? It was far more civil than the 04 Democratic Primary.

Ron Paul was the clear Alpha of the group. Bachmann came in a clear second, with Cain holding a distant Third. Romney is nothing but a manufactured candidate. His support consists mostly of Mormon cultist bigots, that are only supporting him because he follows the same cult as them.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I've heard people say Bachmann was the winner but personally I felt like everyone lost, John King was such an a**. Basically the set up went something like this:
1. John asks a loaded question designed to either
a. Make a candidate look bad
b. Cause fighting between the candidates
c. Confuse the candidates
2. The candidates would start to respond to these loaded questions, they all had an amazing start until
a. John realized they had answers for what he considered "ridiculous" questions
i. John quickly attempts to cut them off or speak over them in order to prevent their answering.

The candidates look good (I really like Pawlenty and Paul) but CNN really screwed it up. Its not like they'd have a reason to hurt the Republican candidates.... right?



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
I've heard people say Bachmann was the winner but personally I felt like everyone lost, John King was such an a**. Basically the set up went something like this:
1. John asks a loaded question designed to either
a. Make a candidate look bad
b. Cause fighting between the candidates
c. Confuse the candidates
2. The candidates would start to respond to these loaded questions, they all had an amazing start until
a. John realized they had answers for what he considered "ridiculous" questions
i. John quickly attempts to cut them off or speak over them in order to prevent their answering.

The candidates look good (I really like Pawlenty and Paul) but CNN really screwed it up. Its not like they'd have a reason to hurt the Republican candidates.... right?


CNN= Communist News Network. Of course there is another one besides that but it is inappropriate. CNN is so biased it is laughable. Above Top Secret should host a webcam debate though!



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687
 


I didn't watch it all and with no "real" interest one thing I did note was that all of them had amazing 20/20 hindsight, based only on my web knowledge of Ron Paul and what I saw last night I think Paul and Bachmann could make a winning ticket, as I say based on not much knowledge or research, any views or is this Englishman way off?.

She seemed sound on the economy and apparently stood her ground against the way the whole bailout thing was done and, bearing in mind I'm a left leaning libertarian, Ron Paul is Ron Paul I don't think I've ever not agreed with owt he's said, imho a genuine good guy who could save the nation.

Michele Bachmann is, I guess from the amount of times it's brought up this is very important, imho a much more attractive woman than Palin and she seems to have a good brain in her skull.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

What do you mean? It was far more civil than the 04 Democratic Primary.

Ron Paul was the clear Alpha of the group. Bachmann came in a clear second, with Cain holding a distant Third. Romney is nothing but a manufactured candidate. His support consists mostly of Mormon cultist bigots, that are only supporting him because he follows the same cult as them.


So? It's '11.

I don't see how any of you saw a clear cut winner from this. If anyone was a winner, I would say it was Newt Gingrich.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Throwback
 





I don't see how any of you saw a clear cut winner from this


I still think Paul did pretty well, but there wasnt any kind of "Wow!" moment from any of the candidates during the debate. On top of no "Wow!" moment, the whole layout of the debate was a complete mess. How are the candidates supposed to give a full answer when they are only allowed 30 seconds? (the host tried to limit respone times). I think all the candidates were getting pretty ticked off at the host since he kept saying "Right...right..yup...mhmmm.." over and over again, (just look at some of the first pages of this thread.....we REALLY dont like this guy) then he tried to interrupt them while they were trying to finish their answer.

I hope during the next debate, the candidates are able to finish their answers without the host going ....right right..mhhmm,yup,okay, blah blah blah//.....I would say next time let each candidate have somewhere around 2 minutes per respone (30 seconds isnt enough time)

Edit - On Newt, I originally thought he was going to completely fumble during this debate, but in the end, he actually did pretty well.
edit on 14-6-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687
 


Oh that was him making those noises? I didn't know what that was...But yeah he was annoying. Wolf would have done a better job. I thought Newt was going to be a mess too, I don't know why though. He was a former Speaker of the House. I guess I was doubting him because of his early stumbles in the election.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback

If anyone was a winner, I would say it was Newt Gingrich.


Now your just being a troll. Please tell me you are just trying to troll? Just google that power hungry sociopath with open eyes.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by Throwback

If anyone was a winner, I would say it was Newt Gingrich.


Now your just being a troll. Please tell me you are just trying to troll? Just google that power hungry sociopath with open eyes.


EXCELLENT POST!

Just see how many people in his OWN camp,think of him in high regard......Oh yeah,they all QUIT!



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687
 


I'm not watching that tired old, microwaved B.S. ever again. I could watch something a little more educational and more realistic .....like the Smurfs or something.
Here we go again, listening to more of the same lies and "divide and conquer", right-wing-left-wing crap that got us into this mess in the first place. I think NOT watching these clowns lie to us again would make the biggest statement of all.......that we are not falling for anymore of the same lies for the 80th year in a row. Ron Paul, whether he wins or loses .....still loses AND YOU KNOW IT!
If he doesn't do the bidding of Henry Kissenger and the Rockefellers he is already a dead boat in the water.
I can't believe people are still falling for this. We should have callouses on our rectums by now from getting screwed so much.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye
 


Hi Thepreye

Michele Bachmann voted to extend the Patriot Act, I dont think Dr. Paul would have her as a running mate.

politics.nytimes.com...



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavrac
reply to post by Thepreye
 


Hi Thepreye

Michele Bachmann voted to extend the Patriot Act, I dont think Dr. Paul would have her as a running mate.

politics.nytimes.com...


Thanks for the info, in that case I'll follow the good Dr's stance and withdraw my support, for what it's worth, for Bachmann.

I'm not a natural republican but I think it's important that Obama doesn't get a second term so that lying your face off in the first election isn't rewarded, let's hope the US voters don't fall for a predictable lesser of two evils gambit by the dems, I hope after his failures even his black support crumbles.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Fox News morning show just had an analysis the guy talking came on and said "poll after poll after poll" Romney is in the lead.

THEIR OWN #ING POLL SAYS RON PAUL

www.foxnews.com...
www.foxnews.com...

BLATANT LIES!

I cant stand mainstream media. This is why nobody watches you.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
Fox News morning show just had an analysis the guy talking came on and said "poll after poll after poll" Romney is in the lead.

THEIR OWN #ING POLL SAYS RON PAUL

www.foxnews.com...
www.foxnews.com...

BLATANT LIES!

I cant stand mainstream media. This is why nobody watches you.


I think Fox put up about 10 polls from the last debate after Ron Paul won every single one of them. I can't help but think some of the Fox news leadership literally think the people are retarded.

Oh and for thos that said Ron Paul didn't have a 'WOW' moment, did you catch the part where everybody would wait for the ok from military leadership to make a decision about pulling out of the middle east? Ron Paul said he wouldn't wait for anybody, that HE IS the commander in chief and HE WILL make the decision to bring our troops back ASAP. He clearly distinguished himself from the other candidates with that. I just hope the people watching caught the importance of it.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Okay on the Tea Party questions...this is sickening watching these GOP claim they are the Tea Party. These GOP were absolutely against the Tea Party, previous to it being hi-jacked.


you are what me and my friends like to call - one of the herded sheep



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly
 


Godfathers. Last good pizza joint to leave Texas (until Flying Tomato closed).

Cain? I like the way he talks BUT...former Fed Res. Deal breaker.

btw.

still searching for a good deep dish crust with slightly browned cheese.
edit on 14/6/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
15
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join