It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Defines Us As Human

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That being said, I don't think humans are anywhere close to evolutionary perfection, or that we genuinely reflect the whole of creation in ourselves any more than any other species does singularly. And as for the Christ thing... How do you know elephants don't have their own Jesus? Look at Dumbo. Just saying.
edit on 1/7/11 by TravelerintheDark because: for the fun of it

Agreed.

"Perfection" does not exist in evolution, at least not as I understand it. It's my opinion, one based in higher education and learning, that if a species stops evolving, it will go extinct.

Secondly, I disagree with the 'pinnacle' idea. I think the notion that we are superior to all other life has led us to grave mistakes in the past. It's that idea that we own all and are above all, the idea that we are entitled to destroying what we please and when we please. We have murdered each other to the sum of billions of lives, destroyed entire indigenous populations, wiped out countless other species, destroyed ecosystems, bled the Earth dry of natural resources, and continue to press forward like a pathogen in the blood stream of the Earth. You call that the 'pinnacle'? The 'be all' and 'end all' for existence? Do you truly believe this reflects "...all of 'creation?'"

It's human arrogance. Ego-centric perspectives focused through the monocular of "me." But I digress. I would interject to say that I am not a hater by any means. I believe very much in the salt of a man and we have done amazing things to date. I cannot in good conscience deny the capacity for compassion, intelligence, courage, selflessness, and fortitude that a human being holds. We have the potential to change everything that we know. But, I'm sure as you can tell, I believe it's important the entire species that is Homo Sapien learn a little humility.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join