It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delicate crystals and gems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If there's one area where the most beautiful colors and most original shapes can be found, it's the mineralogy.

Turquoise

Tourmaline

Topaze

Thomsonite 1

Thomsonite 2

Olivine

Fluorite

Quartz

Boracite

Kasolite

source: mineral atlas

And if someone can help me find the name of this one:

edit on 13-6-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Mesolite

Jaspe

Hollandite

Boulangerite

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Absolutely gorgeous! I have a small collection of crystals and gems and just love them! I have made some of my own jewelry from some pieces.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Cool! Do you have some photos to show?

Some others:

Crocoite

Quartz Hematite

Cuprite on Copper

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Your unidentified crystal looks a bit like bixbyte (the red form of beryl ) forgive spelling not saying it is may be something else

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm thinking it's either pink tourmaline or ruby. ???

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thehiddentruthseeker

Thanks, but Bixbyite is black:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildoracle13
I'm thinking it's either pink tourmaline or ruby. ???

Pink Tourmaline, yeah, that's it!

Here is the whole bunch of photos.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
As I was going to school for my geology degree I absolutely hated the minerology aspect of it. For some reason it just did not click with me and I hated having to memorize all the different names and how to tell the different rock types from one another.

They are very pretty though.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Pink tourmalline

Rainbows
jane
edit on 13-6-2011 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Pink tourmaline most likely.

Has anyone any experience in using crystals for healing? I did a couple of courses in the subject, going into it as an 'open minded sceptic', but very drawn to crystals. And what 'healing' I have done has, quite frankly, terrified me with it's success -

a. Woman with Planter Fasciatis, one treatment gave 2 weeks pain relief and after three more she has remained pain free for over two years. Steroid injections were doing nothing before this.

b. Polycystic Ovary Disease - one treatment and no cysts to be found afterwards.

c. Painful sore throat, a quick treatment giving complete relief.

Three examples that come to mind. I think I'm scared to do much more incase its all coincidence. Sadly don't seem to be able to do much for myself.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychoparrot

Interesting. I don't think I'd believe crystals could be used for healing or energy work if I didn't have experience with meditation and kundalini. Before that I was one of those people that thought crystals were a "faggy" new age gimmick and any effect was simply placebo. In my limited experience it would seem the key to feeling the character of a crystal is sensitivity to subtle energy. If you are unable to sense the subtle energy within your own body then I'd imagine picking up on a crystal's "vibes" would be difficult.

Assuming the crystals were responsible for the healing in your sessions it sounds like the people you worked on didn't need this sensitivity to benefit. What crystals were you using? What was your procedure? I tend to think in the kind of healing that may have went on that it's more dependent on the actual healer than the tools used, but that's still something I'm trying to verify myself.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychoparrot

Yes, interesting.
Could it be due to vibrational frequency of the crystals?

In the link I gave above, there's also full access to physical and chemical data, photos, electron microscopy images, images of thin sections and analytical data such as Mineral Vibrational Spectra in the near-, far- and mid- infrared regions of the spectrum, infrared emission spectra and Raman spectra of minerals.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
reply to post by thehiddentruthseeker

Thanks, but Bixbyite is black:

Not always true, can be pink as well. Google images.

new topics

top topics

join