It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos And Videos Of The Ongoing Massive Volcano Eruption In Chile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Photos And Videos Of The Ongoing Massive Volcano Eruption In Chile

Link

Trail of volcanic gas cloud seen by infrared satellite imagery

June 12, 2011- CHILE – After lying dormant for more than 50 years, a series of rumbling earthquakes signaled the beginnings of this major volcanic eruption. On 4 June, a fissure opened, sending a towering plume of volcanic ash and gas over 10 km high. This image shows the huge plume of sulphur dioxide that spewed from Chile’s Puyehue-Cordón Caulle Volcanic Complex, which lies in the Andes about 600 km south of Santiago. It was generated on 6 June using data from the Infrared Atmospheric Sounding Interferometer on the MetOp-
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 13-6-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Puyehue and Cordón Caulle volcano (Chile) eruption and aftermath : New videos!

Summary : This article is giving a video overview of the extensive earthquake-Report.com article. The eruption started with a number of moderate earthquakes. A series of moderate earthquakes in the lake district (Andes border area Argentina/Chile) have started the eruption of the . Some epicenters are located in Chile. After reviewing local reports we can confirm that the origin of the Puyehue and Cordón Caulle volcano complex in the Puyehue National Park Chile. The eruption started on Saturday June 4 with very explosive ash clouds. On Sunday and Monday the eruption weakened but was not over yet. Thousands of people living in the greater volcano area were evacuated and Bariloche (Argentina) wake up with a thick ash layer.
The most recent videos are on top, the oldest at the bottom.

(nolink)
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-6-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here's the videos

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Your links seem a tad broken. Would be interested to see though!

Edit, those videos were not as yet posted, but those images are breathtaking examples of natures destructive and healing powers.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Wow, nice pics!! That volcano is absolutely magnificent!! Looks awesome, wish I was there to take photos myself. Hopefully it will have some nice violent eruptions, we might even see some pyroclastic flows if we're lucky!!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I fix the link,so you can go to the link and see everything.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Who is going to carbon tax this volcano? That's more CO2 being released than the entire population has in my lifetime. Don't worry, they'll just apply it to us on our gas & electric bills under "fees" and "delivery charges".

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
How many fatalities to you think there will be in this? Do you think we'll get some victims trapped in stone for hundreds of years like Etna?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
But the videos are absolutely awesome!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wow, some amazing photos in the videos. I think if I saw something like that in person I would need a change of pants. Earth's raw power on display there.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Almost looks like a ufo!

new topics

top topics

join