It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member seeks Expert Opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hello All

So here's the first of 20.

I am an Engineering Surveyor with some 25 years experience. I am very familiar with Satellite Imaging as well as Aerial Photography and a litany of other remote sensing data . I am not however an expert in most types of optical phenomenon.

I have recently been reviewing some of the more detailed imaging on Google Mars and Moon and have found something that appears to either be floating or is being supported by something quite thin. That part is hard to tell but does seem to be inferred in the pixelation as does the possible existence of another object to the front and left.

This can be viewed on Google Mars to the following coordinate; 39d 06' 18.51S 53d 34' 13.79E at EL-6771.

Are there any experts here with an opinion or explanation? I look forward to any response.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

P.S. If we get through this one then I'll show you the one on the Moon which is just bizarre.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

P.S. Having a look at the coordinates your provide! I will post if I find anything credible!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I couldn't see anything there on Mars or the Moon ?

39° 06' 18.51S 53° 34' 13.79E

Are the co-ord's right?

edit on 12/6/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hmmmm

Did you zoom to EL-6771. It's not particularly large I'd estimate 10-15m long. It is in a fairly boring part of the overall imagery.

Alternatively you could search youtube for the following. UFO Mars Alien Spaceship Confirmed on Google Mars?.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by myselfaswell
Hello All

I am an Engineering Surveyor with some 25 years experience. I am very familiar with Satellite Imaging as well as Aerial Photography and a litany of other remote sensing data . I am not however an expert in most types of optical phenomenon.

I have recently been reviewing some of the more detailed imaging on Google Mars and Moon and have found something that appears to either be floating or is being supported by something quite thin. That part is hard to tell but does seem to be inferred in the pixelation as does the possible existence of another object to the front and left.

This can be viewed on Google Mars to the following coordinate; 39d 06' 18.51S 53d 34' 13.79E at EL-6771.

Are there any experts here with an opinion or explanation? I look forward to any response.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

P.S. If we get through this one then I'll show you the one on the Moon which is just bizarre.

First im going to assume that this is the view in question your speaking about

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b4c32e3f245.png[/atsimg]

If you perform an edge detect on the area with a photo editor you get

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2dadb5ef58b.png[/atsimg]

now the similarity of the "cast" shadow and the "suspended" object bare very little resemblance. Note the curled "tail" and the asymmetrical "center" section
edit on 12-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Hmmmm

Did you zoom to EL-6771. It's not particularly large I'd estimate 10-15m long. It is in a fairly boring part of the overall imagery.

Yeah. It looks like a small peak next to a trough.

Alternatively you could search youtube for the following. UFO Mars Alien Spaceship Confirmed on Google Mars?.

Cheers.

Yeah? Seriously? Search youtube for evidence of an alien spaceship on Mars?

I think I'll wait for it to come out on DVD instead.

Goodbye

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply.

Yes that is the image. I see your point with respect to the edge detection. What would be your opinion on the function of the topography relating to the shape of the apparent "shadow".

Cheers

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply.

Yes that is the image. I see your point with respect to the edge detection. What would be your opinion on the function of the topography relating to the shape of the apparent "shadow".

Cheers

By changing the brightness and contrast a little you can see that it is a mound with a flat rectangular cap

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cef8796bde99.png[/atsimg]

Still slightly odd looking for a natural formation
edit on 13-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cef8796bde99.png[/atsimg]

Still slightly odd looking for a natural formation
edit on 13-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

many natural objects are looking weird and not natural...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS Myselfaswell.

You do know how to make an entrance. I'm not an expert in any field but I will be following this thread to see the experts at work.

Have fun and see you around.

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Did I just kill your thread....??

Sorry 'bout that.

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
have no idea but seeing that there are no other visible shadows from the surrounding surface it would be a safe bet to say that it shouldn't be there or perhaps its some pixel problem with the image itself. But what it does show me is that its a cap, similar to how missile silos have horizontal caps this one seem's to be a vertical cap. I would be a safe bet to say that its simply and entrance and exit point to something else. By the way, size of the shadow of supposed does not count as we all know that we on our own planet have shoe box size satellites in orbit that have far more advanced technology than those car shaped satellites. ( small size=less weight=less fuel needed to launch. )

my opinion, is there life or was there life on mars, hell yeah, anyone assuming otherwise is as lame as one can be, i guess its like getting into a discussion that people think we are the only entity in the galaxy...i looooool at such people and due to the excessive looool abs work out i simply cannot engage them and continue the path of utter stupid and egotistical theoretical religious aspect of " do aliens exist, are ufo's real, has earth been visited by aliens" ill stop now as i need to wipe my eyes from crying....

oh yeah, i suspect someone will follow with do you have proof and link etc etc etc... my answer is if i did i would be as stupid enough to post it, that being said, continue living the life that we all have no bearing or.
edit on 13-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Hello All

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

Hey there and welcome - nice find btw!

Can i give you a tip and if you use windows go Programs>Accessories>Snipping Tool and just screen grab with that then you can upload to your ATS media portal and the image will be imbedded. Or you can upload to imageshak and link that way, so cool!

Look forward to more from you S&F here!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

welcome to ats.
here's my take on your thread, but i have to remind you, wait 'til the heavies weigh in...

looking at it from the west and inclined we can see the reflection of the sun and the shadows casted including the surrounding areas.

But looking at it from the east will give a totally different perspective. now we can see that there are similar formations as the shadow casted from west point of view which will make it a very typical landscape fixture in this area which could mean that this could just or maybe be a raised layer or tier of rock or earth formation.
Please take note that I am using "could and "maybe" cause after all everybody will have their own interpretation and speculations.
The shadow measures approximately 7 meters in total length and the reflective one is just about 4meters.not too impressive to suggest that it maybe some some sort of a facility.

nice find. by the way this patched area is really very interesting . 10 kms. down south you can find a very telling landscape. it looks like this:

lots of interesting images...and lots to explore...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Hello All

Hi and welcome to ATS.

Optical phenomena may be an issue in some cases, but you also need to ask another question.

What about imaging algorithms and distortions. For example, use your surveying experience, you've probably seen a lot of roads in your time, right? Have any of them ever looked like this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a8e90bf2c17.jpg[/atsimg]

That is NOT an optical phenomenon, would you agree?

So there is usually one answer to solving artifacts found on google Earth, moon and mars. Find the original image.

Then, LOOK at the ORIGINAL image to see if the same artifact is there, and how it looks.

What you are seeing on Google is a distortion of the original imagery. They use algorithms to do many things, like take "flat" 2D pictures and create a "curved" 3D spherical surface, interpolate differences in terrain, etc. and as you can see, the algorithms aren't always perfect.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
"Optical phenomena may be an issue in some cases, but you also need to ask another question."

You seem to "Compress" your point much for emphasis but here is also an alternative google images of a "Highway" in a surveyor's point of view, maybe...
in these images you can determine the full and half widths of the pavement which 7.51 and 3.73 respectively which i believe is quite close to the road standards in a two lane highway in some countries.

point is how someone can utilize google apps to their "point of views" is up to the individual.

and not much distortion as what you presented in your post.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You are looking at images of relatively flat terrain in your post.

In the image I posted the terrain isn't flat.

In the image the OP posted the terrain doesn't appear to be flat, at least there would appear to be some elevation to the object in question.

So showing that the algorithms work better on flat terrain doesn't disprove that sometimes they have trouble when the terrain isn't flat. And even when the terrain isn't flat, sometimes they work pretty well, and sometimes they don't work so well.

My point was, you need to seek the original imagery if you see any anomalies you want to explain.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

So showing that the algorithms work better on flat terrain doesn't disprove that sometimes they have trouble when the terrain isn't flat. And even when the terrain isn't flat, sometimes they work pretty well, and sometimes they don't work so well.

but...okey , they do work pretty well, its just the way things are presented...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Apologies for the delayed response, I didn't realise that the thread had been moved. I actually thought it had been deleted for some reason.

Anyway, thanks to most of you who responded and particularly to those with the advice.

As I said previously, I have also found an oddity on Google Moon. With my new found training it's not quite as bizarre as when I first seen it however it still has a certain something about it and likely will for other people as well. And by the way I've looked to see if this has been viewed before, couldn't find it.

It appears to my eye as a Sphere. Interestingly the apparent Sphere also appears to be radiating some sort of energy which is manifest in the distortion of the image. I have my own thoughts on this image and I will divulge, however, once again I'd like some expert opinion.

Please see Google Moon 23d 19' 24.51"N 23d 12' 13.84"W EL -1779m.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

you do have a good eye for a surveyor

well, moon is still an enigma , i think for all of us here. so near and yet so far...
i can only show you my own "perspective" but i'll keep my speculations in eherm, of what i think i am seeing, private.
and what I am seeing is something that measures about 300meters in length and 328 meters high. what it is, just feel free to speculate.

and 158 kilometers WNW of your object in questions you can find dark and eerie silhouttes of something
unusual.

if youve got some time you may search komarov crater...

new topics

top topics

join