It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Herman Cain damage his image with his statement about muslims?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

(CNN) - GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain stood firm Friday on his promise to make Muslims prove loyalty to the U.S. Constitution before appointing them to his administration - a test, he has said, that would not apply to people of other faiths.

I know theres a word for this somewhere, but I just cant think of it at the moment.

"That's not discrimination. It's called trying to protect the American people," Cain said. "This nation is under attack constantly by people who want to kill all of us, so I'm going to take extra precaution."

Thats the word im looking for! Protecting the American people! (sarcasm)

"I never said I would discriminate against Muslims or any other religion for that matter, but I am going to take extra precautions if a Muslim person who is competent wants to work in my administration," he said.

Take extra precautions against a certain group of people that you wouldnt do to everyone else? How is that not discrimination?

Seriously, what are the odds a terrorist would be able to make it to a spot on the presidents cabinet?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Herman Cain doesn't need to worry about his image. His core voting group are tea partiers and those on the fringe right, many of whom probably won't end up voting for him at the primaries anyway. Fire away, Herman... just a clown for the tea parties

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I think he damaged his image when most of us found out he was a former chairman of the Federal Reserve.
However, I have already read many comments from people about this muslim statement and I have noticed it is having an impact. Maybe he'll just shut his campaign down like Gingrich will be doing soon.

Actually it seems every GOP candidate but Ron Paul seems to be slipping up all over the place! Romney joined the Global Warming movement. Palin doesn't know her history. Cain is showing true colors. Gingrich's people all resigned. Huckabee dropped out. Bachmann is a Patriot Act supporter.

I don't need to say who my support is for...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I dont actually think its a bad idea, but I think it should be extended to everyone in office.
It seems to me that most US politicians are loyal to whatever lobby group gives them money.

From this guys stance I assume his campaign money comes from AIPAC

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I wish ATS has a "facepalm" emote. A "loyalty test"? Really? I was on the Herman Cain bandwagon at first. But then I saw his video defending the Federal Reserve, and now this. Oh well, Ron Paul decided to officially run for office, so Cain is a non-issue for me now anyway. Thanks for the vid!

/TOA

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Herman Cain doesn't need to worry about his image. His core voting group are tea partiers and those on the fringe right, many of whom probably won't end up voting for him at the primaries anyway. Fire away, Herman... just a clown for the tea parties

Really??
Many say the Tea Party has been invaded..

I'll stick with Ron Paul and screw Israeli influence..

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Really??
Many say the Tea Party has been invaded..

I'll stick with Ron Paul and screw Israeli influence..

cain has as much chance of winning as ron paul.

he is just a rich guy like all the others. pandering to you idiots and the special interest lobby.

i listen to him, he is just the same, different flavor.

no way!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Nice to see someone who has the balls to be open and honest about how they feel. If Obama had been honest about who he was and what he really stands for he would have never been elected by the people. Oh do we really vote these people in or do TPTB???? I no longer trust our government to protect us. It's up to each individual at this point. Good Luck and stay safe.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The degrading and denial of Muslims their rights defined in the doc is now out of the bag. More racism.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The money worshipers are the ones that scare the hell out me. We should give them all a loyalty test, where does your allegiance fall, with the international banks or with America? Oh, and you have to prove it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This ignorant Uncle Tom will say anything he thinks white people like to hear. Then they can pat him on the head and say: “good work boy” and make his day!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Just wondering, when has being honest become something that will ruin an image? Image, is just superficial posturing for the great unwashed anyway.
If more people were honest, actually honest, then elections might go much more smoothly.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If a person is honest and admits by way of something as stupid, depraved and un-American as what this jack-ass admitted to, then just because they are honest and admit to their inner stupidity doesn’t make what they say any better.

What this fool said should immediately prevent any decent American from considering this guy for nothing, not even county dog catcher, let alone president.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
If a person is honest and admits by way of something as stupid, depraved and un-American as what this jack-ass admitted to, then just because they are honest and admit to their inner stupidity doesn’t make what they say any better.

What this fool said should immediately prevent any decent American from considering this guy for nothing, not even county dog catcher, let alone president.

Exactly. Say I want candidate X for president. He says all the things I want to hear. Then he has an uncharacteristic attack of honesty and says something totally unacceptable to me.
I see it as a bonus because I will then look for someone else who is HONESTLY supporting what I want.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
what makes it different for Muslims is that their loyalty is to Islam first and foremost, and their religion teaches that if their spiritual leader (Imam) instructs them to do something that will benefit Islam to the detriment of their country, they must do that.
imagine a law enforcement agent releasing a suspected terrorist because his Imam so instructs him.

news quote;
"A recent finding in the biggest survey ever taken of Muslim-Americans indicates that nearly a quarter of young Muslims believe homicide bombing can be justified to defend Islam, and 47 percent of all those surveyed consider themselves "Muslim first" ahead of being Americans.
Demographics breakdowns in the survey by Pew Research Center entitled "Muslim Americans: Middle Class and Mostly Mainstream" may be the greatest cause for concern, say observers. Though 13 percent of all respondents said that suicide bombing in defense of Islam was justified under certain, albeit rare, circumstances, that number rose to 26 percent of respondents between the ages of 18 and 30."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

You have displayed your ignorance of Islam. In-fact by Sharia law a Muslim is required to follow the laws of the land they are in.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

You have displayed your ignorance of Islam. In-fact by Sharia law a Muslim is required to follow the laws of the land they are in.

“According to their view of Islam, you must obey the imam,” Nasr says. “Anything that comes from the imam you have to obey without thinking. If they say go and kill the people in the south of Sudan, you have to go and kill them.”
Dr. Mohammed Nasr www.uiowa.edu...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The Prophet taught his followers that Muslims MUST obey the law of the land they live in. This has been the vast majority of opinion amongst Muslim scholars

www.defendtheprophet.com...
www.suhaibwebb.com...

This has been the vast majority of opinion amongst Muslim scholars.

Granted some fundamentalists among ALL religions say their religious law trumps secular law, that is true with Christians, Jews, and Muslim fundamentalists.

Therefore it would indeed be sensible not to bring in a religious extremist in ones cabinet, but this fool should say ALL RELIGIOUS EXTREMISTS NOT JUST MUSLIMS SHOULD BE EXCLUDED.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think we need a leader that isn't afraid to say the truth, with so many scared of Muslims, they won't say anything that might dare offend. This is the era of pansies. While not all Muslims are extremist, they do all, save a few outsider sects, all support establishing Sharia, and they follow the hate of the Haditha. We can't keep our head buried in the sand.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

hold the presses!

you mean the racist redkneck stupid teaparties are going to vote for an african american?

to the op: loyaltty tests are stupid and that will be a point that his opponents will push on hard

edit on 11-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join