It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's voting record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
So I was digging around today and came across something interesting in my search for Palin's voting record.

Vote Smart

After reading a short bio of her on this website I clicked the link for Issue Positions. I received this message

"Sarah Palin REPEATEDLY REFUSED TO PROVIDE ANY
RESPONSES TO CITIZENS ON ISSUES THROUGH THE 2006
NATIONAL POLITICAL AWARENESS TEST WHEN ASKED TO DO SO BY

Key national leaders of both major parties including:
John McCain, Republican Senator
Geraldine Ferraro, Former Democratic Congresswoman
Michael Dukakis, Former Democratic Governor
Bill Frenzel, Former Republican Congressman
Richard Kimball, Project Vote Smart President"

The original bio was very informative and the site generally has a lot of great info on senators, congressmen, governors and candidates. It appears that she does not make her voting record available and by searching around more I could not find any other explanation for the lack of information regarding her voting record. I tend to watch Fox News a lot being a Republican but their obsession with her keeps growing and growing. People who disagree with Palin are demonized both on Fox and on most outlets available on the web. I've always been curious about her voting record because she never mentioned her stances in 2008. For someone with such a strong following I have to wonder why? She is liked in Alaska and she doesn't strike me as a "bad" person but I have the same sense of unease towards her that I had for Obama. Obama would hardly say anything regarding politics and instead just shouted "change" until people listened. Palin is similar in that she avoids what should be considered important by voters, her record. I would love to hear the thoughts of other members and am open to any resources you guys might have. Please refrain however from talking about "how dumb she sounds" or any signs of hyper partisanship as they will not help shape my opinion in the least bit.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Another website that has Palin on the issues.
www.ontheissues.org...

Maybe she just didn't want to work with that site?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That site was pretty interesting, thank you. I'm most interested in voting records since a person can say whatever they want but considering these statements come from a wide range of time (i.e. before her campaign for VP) then it is most likely legitimate. Thanks a lot! Reading it now

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
she did an interview with chris wallace on fox after paul revere thing.

i am horrible at embedding so i can't post it.

anything with greta is good too.

they give her a chance to talk.

hannity likes to talk ot i think, lol, like how she gets reamed all the time but he has some good questions too.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I actually found the Paul Revere issue pretty funny since she was so right that most people didn't even know it. I feel like Hannity really loves her but whenever anyone is on and disagrees with Palin he doesn't give them a chance to talk about why. That always weirded me out and made me wonder if there was something to hide but she's starting to grow on me quite a bit.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

oh yeah, he's like a big brother sometimes, that's his style i guess.

in a wrong/right way.

the finer points of things go to the journal show or some others with also good panels.

know what i mean? not to put him down at all, but i can watch 3hrs of fox and not hear the same rhetoric.

i watched cnn for years! i got tired of anderson and christina (she used to be hot)

but sarah's voting record? i have no doubt she voted what she thought was right at the time.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Alright cool, thanks a lot for the help guys, I'm actually a big Hannity fan so it makes me want to like her more but his style is a little abrasive when it comes to the other side (remember Colmes? lol). His book is really amazing, Conservative Victory, it's written very well and has a lot of supporting evidence to back up his claims on Obama. I learned a lotttt reading it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

alan colmes is, i don't know what!!

he gets stomped all the time. it seems like he is always on the defensive.

not a lot of his stuff rings true for me.

if they have him as a lefty, they could do better.

he is no challenge to the right or center.

funny, this is the first time his name has come up, that i can remember.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
hahaha exactly, i don't agree with him on any of his issues and his arguments were always ridiculous. i just laugh when i think about how miserable he must have been on that show, especially since Hannity was so adamant in attacking obama during the 08 elections. you should really check out his book if youre an anti-obama person or like Hannity, i couldn't get over the amount of factual information stored in that tiny book. i expected it to be him ranting for a couple hundred pages (and i would have been completely fine with that) but he really managed to create an epic thesis on why obama will be the end of us all

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

That site was pretty interesting, thank you. I'm most interested in voting records since a person can say whatever they want but considering these statements come from a wide range of time (i.e. before her campaign for VP) then it is most likely legitimate. Thanks a lot! Reading it now

Governors don't usually vote, except to exercise a veto. And her personal vote on election day is private business; the same as for all of us.

top topics

join