It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you tell the difference between intuitive and ego advice?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Easy... Ego comes from fear...

That is all!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

That is all!

How does ego come from fear?

And wouldnt it be the other way around....fear from the ego?

And what about personal desires....and our ego?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Learning a system of divination like the I-Ching or tarot can help. It really is amazing to watch the configuration of the I-Ching consistently reflect the intent of the client. The ego mind isn't even in the loop when the configuration is being set, even though the body is actively participating in the process by tossing the coins or shuffling the cards. The intuitive mind guides such decision-making as when do I stop shuffling or how shall I toss these coins.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing

Originally posted by kirstiehughes
listen to your super ego, not your ego.

How do you do that?

I guess I have a lot more reading to do. Any book suggestions?

Its been a while since i did Psychology but heres a little brief definition i hope it helps

"Id, ego and super-ego are the three parts of the psychic apparatus defined in Sigmund Freud's structural model of the psyche; they are the three theoretical constructs in terms of whose activity and interaction mental life is described. According to this model of the psyche, the id is the set of uncoordinated instinctual trends; the ego is the organised, realistic part; and the super-ego plays the critical and moralising role.[1]"

Your superego is the part of you personality which is sort of like a 'referee' it divides between the basic principle drives (intuition is included in this) and the reason part of your personality.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

That is all!

Learn what the true definition of ego is before you spout of your new age nonsense!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join