It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ronishia's Truffles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is my own recipe for truffles, im not one for measuring as you will see i kinda shove things together as per my tastes
very easy to make and very addictive
and tastes damn good if i do say so myself

annyywayyys

what you will need

Large packet of digestive biscuits
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8ef392b7c29.jpg[/atsimg]

Butter/Margarine

Tub of drinking chocolate ( any kind) aka hot chocolate
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/990ed88cbf04.jpg[/atsimg]

Food Flavoring e.g rum, vanilla, strawberry are all nice but choose whatever flavor takes your fancy.
Carrier-bag or similar (carrier bag is something u get from shops when you bring the shopping home
)
rolling pin or a big heavy pot will do
Mixing bowl or similar
a small pot
oh and a plate to put it all on

How to make them

Ok open the digestives and put all of them into the bag , what you want to do is use the rolling pin/pan and crush up the biscuits. Now this is very important do not crush them into a fine powder, we want some chunky bits. Now put the mushed up biccys in the bowl

Once you have done that, take the margarine and melt it - the amount of margarine varies depending on how much digestives you have, i always use half the tub, you have to try judge for yourself. - this is important. the marg has to be very very hot

Once melted add the butter to the biscuit mix,

Now take your drinking chocolate and add loads into the bowl (i usually put in half the tub but again this is down to preference), mix the whole lot together, then had about 1 -2 capfuls of flavoring ( add more to individual taste), give it a good old mix

Now the important thing here, for this to work is that the mixture has to be moist and hot, or it wont stick together, if its still a bit dry add some more melted butter, if its to moist ( i.e dripping everywhere) add some more drinking chocolate. once this is done scoop out some bits and roll into balls and place onto a tray/plate.

once all the mixture is depleted allow the truffles to cool slightly and then place in the fridge for an hour or more.

and thats it

You can vary this recipe a great deal depending on your individual tastes, you can also add ther things to it like chocolate chunks, or rolling the truffles into coconut flakes or similar. just remember no matter what variation you use ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT THE MIXTURE HAS TO BE HOT AND ADEQUATE BUTTER/MARGARINE BEFORE YOU BALL IT OR IT WILL NOT STICK TOGETHER
edit on 10/6/11 by ronishia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Ohh i should not have read this!! I love truffles! Im so going to have to give these a go! Ill let you know how mine turn out

thanks for posting!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ok these sound good!

I think I might have to try these on Sunday

Funny thing is we actually have those biscuits here!

new topics

join