It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be testing our rain water for radiation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Is it possible that the radiation from japan is actually coming down on us? Everyone knows its spewing large amounts of radiation, but is it actually making it here to the USA? I live in Nebraska, so this raises my attention, cause we depend on that rainwater for our crops which feed us in an already impending food crisis.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretNebraska

What rain?

We have had "dry thunderstorms" every afternoon this week here in my area. The radar indicates a bad storm cell, there is thunder and lightning all around, but there hasn't been enough rain to even wet the sidewalk.

A few days ago it rained steady for about 20 minutes, then I went outside, the roof was wet, the gutters were dripping, the grass was damp, but the soil was still dry!!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

A few days ago it rained steady for about 20 minutes, then I went outside, the roof was wet, the gutters were dripping, the grass was damp, but the soil was still dry!!

Now that's weird, how is that even possible?

Every scenario I can imagine besides a tarp being placed over the soil, would leave the soil wet....too weird...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If i had the money to get myself a geiger counter, i would. I live in Eastern Canada, and it has been raining here nearly every day for the last two months. The odd day of sunshine. then more rain. Im quite tired of it, and interested to see if we're being pelted with it. Considering they detected Iodine-131 in Newfoundland...
edit on 10/6/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Fuku and the spread of the poison globally is something I've chosen to follow as closely as any story I ever have. So far, I'm not seeing evidence of short term radiation levels that even register above background levels that ought to concern anyone. That is something I believe will change as time goes on. TEPCO released their grand plan awhile back that stipulated these would be spewing poison for the better part of a year and that was before they began to admit there were full melt downs and melt throughs on containment barriers.

There are a number of sites that are still showing Webcam style live video simply pointing at home based radiation detectors in various places around the world. Los Angeles and the Bay area of California both seem to have more than their fair share of people willing to do this for the rest of us. Hats off to those dedicating their time and bandwidth so the rest of us don't have to guess and assume worse than it is...for now.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

It wasn't a real hard rain, but it was steady, and everything is so dry now, that I think it was just evaporating as fast as it was falling. Plus, the soil here is mostly sand, so it was just drinking up whatever fell on it.

When I was a kid, we spent a summer in El Paso, TX, and I remember rain storms that were violent, but the ground never got wet! It would blow, and lightning, and thunder, and sometimes the rain would hit the rooftops, but most of it never reached the ground.

I also loved the fact that the air was so dry, I never needed to towel off after a shower! By the time I roughed up my hair a little bit, the rest of me was already dry.

I'm thinking my area is at the beginning of a drought, and a bad hurricane year like a 1-2 punch!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There is so much radiation around,soon there will be green incredible hulks walking around

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

No doubt there is radiation here in US.
And already in our water and food supply.

Don't want to fear monger, sorry...but that's a fact.

new topics

top topics

join