It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Atheists, so I remember preexisting, POW!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I dont mean to be an arrogant jerk or anything ......just saying.

A few years ago I had a memory of preexisting. It was clear as day. I was a unit of awareness, sexless, without the likes/dislikes/personality/programming of this earth, and I was discussing with 3 other Units of Awareness (Or "Souls" if you delightfully prefer that term) ...about being born on earth and some of the things that would be good for me to accomplish here.

It was absolutely crystal clear that this was a remembering and not some made up fantasy of the mind. Since then I have found that many people across the globe remember preexisting.

So at least for me, I know for sure there is an afterlife, since there was a prior-life. I know for sure 100% that I am not from here, this i not my home, and I'm simply passing thru.

It makes one wonder, who created these units of awareness the eventually take on flesh to come and live here.

Interesting times indeed!!!! Ha ha pow pow Pow!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

And if you read up on false memories you would discover that they can be as realistic as real life memories.
So no, you dont know for sure there is a afterlife if you just use your memories as proof.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yeah....that's pretty much the lamest excuse for proof of an afterlife I've seen. You've obviously invented a memory that your subconcious mind has latched onto as truth. It's about as valid as me saying, "Hey walkers, so I remember flying, POW!!!!"

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Although this definitely isn't proof, because the human mind can conjure just about anything and make you convinced it is real; it is still intriguing. I personally believe there is a high chance for an afterlife, and I find atheist who completely reject the possibility to be close-minded and bigoted. Only one of 2 things can happen after you die; you won't exist, or you will. Who's to say the latter is "just fairytales" and false hopes when our very earthly, sentient existence is enigmatic in and of itself.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Some atheists believe in an afterlife. Some are spiritual. But this memory of yours didn't mention a God. Which is what atheists DON'T believe in...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Im an atheist but believe in an afterlife! If you have ever self induced an out of body experience I find it more difficult imagining nothing once I die, however no one can ever know 100% until they do pass.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Do you know who you were, what you did, or how you died? Have you tried to verify any of the "information" from your visions? This would be the only way to know that these were more than just hallucinations. I don't know if you've heard of a kid named James Leininger, but that's what he did.
www.viewzone.com...

Even so, it's not 100% proof that he existed before, but it comes pretty close.
edit on 6/10/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
this was something new ..... it was definitely a remembrance. My mind has no logical reason to make something like this up because there is no purpose.

Its nothing something to make me feel better about myself, or some mechanism to no longer fear death.

I am not the mind, for I am aware of the mind and its thoughts, nor am I any of my senses, for I am aware of them. I know the real me is awareness .....and this awareness was remembered to have preexisted.

Plus the fact that so many others remember their preexistence.

Yea I agree people can have false memories .....but they're mostly random.... whereas we have a load of folks who remember preexistence.

Ah what the heck .....its really no use telling you guys anything ......if God showed himself and science itself proved the afterlife, you will still make up some excuse for nonexistence.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

To be an atheist you deny the existence of a 'god'. What you describe has nothing to do with this. Plus the fact you accept something completely off the wall as proof is odd.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Some posters above make a great point. Atheists can believe in an afterlife. You can believe that this physical body is not all that that is you. Reality is strange beyond anyones understanding. Anything is literally possible. An "afterlife", or ones existence without physical life, could very well be a natural aspect of the universe.

We could be one being, interacting with itself, to learn more about itself. That one being could be everything, or just the "energy" of conscious life. We may not have to necessarily "worship" this being, or even acknowledge it. It could simply exists, as we simply exist. As above, so below.

You're personal experience is yours alone, and the only person who needs proof is yourself.

edit on 10-6-2011 by ProjectBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
OP - your post offers no proof other than maybe something you could use yourself, but holds little to no weight for anyone else. POW.

However - the following link is to a collection of Near Death Experiences by atheists, which may be of interest to you or others. This is also not proof (pow) but interesting.

pow.

www.near-death.com...
edit on 11/6/10 by TILTed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bnz70

To be an atheist you deny the existence of a 'god'. What you describe has nothing to do with this. Plus the fact you accept something completely off the wall as proof is odd.

That's why I threw it in there when I said, "I wonder what the source of this preexistent awareness is"

"Off the wall" is relative. That is your opinion, yet if I was in a gathering of folks who remember preexisting, it would be quite normal and even possibly of interest to science.

You're personal experience is yours alone, and the only person who needs proof is yourself.

yeah that's ultimately what comes down to..... me remembering this won't change anything in the frameworks of a hardliner..... And yet it was so grand/awesome/exciting to have remembered this.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm sorry but please could you give us more information/evidence? Like about your past life, who you were, what you did.
I have seen a few documentaries about children with past life memories and they give so much detail. I do find it facinating though, even though I am of the opinion there probably is no afterlife. There are alot of people who have false memories (me being one of them), they are very vivid but ultimately not real.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

And if you read up on false memories you would discover that they can be as realistic as real life memories.
So no, you dont know for sure there is a afterlife if you just use your memories as proof.

and we can use this to prove that all things are real and not real.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Hey Atheists, so I remember preexisting, POW!!!!

I dont mean to be an arrogant jerk or anything ......just saying.

Firstly, Thanks for making me laugh.

Even if reincarnation is true; it still doesn't prove a deity.

Atheists don't believe in a deity. Atheism has nothing to do with a lack of belief in re-incarnation or pre-existence.

Can we end thread now mods?
edit on 10/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Firstly, Thanks for making me laugh. Even if reincarnation is true; it still doesn't prove a deity.

yeah I know it doesn't, it begs the question, that if there is an afterlife/preexistence ...what goes on there and where did Awareness come from..... Obviously there has to be some kind of source.

That's why I said "hey atheists" ...because "God" is the next logical question pertaining to preexistence.

and we can use this to prove that all things are real and not real.

Im sorry but, the day I remembered preexisting, it was more vivid and crystal clearer than what I was doing 5 minutes prior to remembering. On the other hand, I was doing philosophical research into the nature of mind, being, just sort of lazily contemplating Beingness and life for the last few years prior to the remembrance..... it definitely had something to do with it.

I'm sorry but please could you give us more information/evidence? Like about your past life, who you were, what you did.

In my remembrance, it wasn't of a past life as some other person, but it was the preparation to be here in this body at this time. I was discussing with 3 other units of awareness about coming here to be born and help with the "madness" on earth and anyway possible .....I was shown than even helping or loving 1 person has an effect on the whole of existence.

I was shown the earth and how damaged she's getting from us, and just how far people have strayed from the truth (whatever that is).

There are alot of people who have false memories (me being one of them), they are very vivid but ultimately not real.

I just know within my utmost depths than it was a genuine and true remembrance. Who I was in my preexistence, is the absolute CORE of who I am today. Take away all my relativities, likes, dislikes, opinions, mind, logic, etc ....and after all is gone ..there is a core and substantial "Me" ..and it was that part of me which was in the state of preexistence completely without a physical body, and yet existing.

Communication with the 3 others was through direct perspective. It was like I can insert me perspective into you, and therefore there is no loss in translation.

I'll tell you one thing, being in a state of bodiless awareness was AWESOME!!! and it is much better than being in this heavy weighed down gross realm!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i mean really WHO CARES if you believe then you believe and if you dont, then you just die and your dead. End of the story i have never understood why this is such a HOT debate. If you dont think there is a afterlife fine. Folks didnt stop believing the world was flat because of columbus.

You just go on thinking what you want to, to both sides

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
and i do remember a prior existence before birth have had this image in my mind since maybe 4 but now im 32 and its fading. everything was multicolered and i think i was transparent

but like a said b4 WHATEVER believe what you will, i promise none of you will change my mind LOL

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

If you are going to make people aware of how you believe why can they not make you aware of how they believe?

debating is the art of thinking and it seems to have been lost by some people.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

If you are going to make people aware of how you believe why can they not make you aware of how they believe? debating is the art of thinking and it seems to have been lost by some people.

well if his is aimed at me then touche pussycat!!!

Atheist? Agnostic? Been there and done that. Having then explored different paths and ultimately having experienced that there is an Infinite Beingness ...it would be impossible to now go back to that prison of a subjective bias bubble.

Doubt and skepticism is cool ......until it imprisons you. Not saying that's u, just saying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join