It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music that moves you

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Nice thread! I don't spend much time on this tab but... I know it's good to get away from the madness of the main.

There are two albums in particular that I listen to quite often. They're by a brother and sister, done independently but when the tracks of both are stacked together, the they blend seamlessly.

Atlantis - David Arkenstone
Egypt - Diane Arkenstone

I wish I could find a way to share bot full albums here... they are some of my favorite music.

On a slightly different note, there are some older tracks from the Animusic DVDs/CDs that I come back to regularly...

This is really quite a nice piece that could have stood its own ground without the video...

This one was my first Animusic fav... love the sound, the style and the video.

This last pick is one that always comes around again during the holidays for me...

Thanks again for the great thread!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by benedict9

What you see you could not if it was not within you also. I am moved and humbled. Thank you profoundly, where mere words cannot measure. You are the butterfly and you are the effect of what is expressed.

Thanks, and vids helped too. My kiddo is acting up. Teenagers, nuff said.
Children are a gift from the Lord, that keeps givin and givin, lol.

I couldn't stay away for long.
Nice videos, I liked them all. Thank you B9.

edit on 25-8-2011 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I love poetry. Songs were appreciated.

Never heard of this band. Hope all is well with you also.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

This man has excellent lyrics, mostly sad, mostly about his ex - but he is able to pull it off - great live too...

I guess they used this first song in part of a VW commercial - I am amazed, he is the furthest from mainstream you can find! I bought a scotch for him with my brother in NY at the Mercury Lounge before he played - great guy and very original...

As a bummed dumped ex, I am listening loudly and smiling!

Edit to add: Here is a nice bummer to add: I'll miss Vic Chestnutt for his spirit and beauty, even if sad...

CJ

Vic Chestnutt
edit on 25-8-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Teenagers are very complex beings harbouring several in-built mechanisms designed specifically to test their parents sanity, so hang in there
Glad you liked.

Just a soul stirring track imo

edit on 26-8-2011 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Hi, how's goin?
My sanity is being tested I assure you.
So is his.

Liked your poem, beautiful. You do have a gift too. Just a quick note before you go to sleep if your still online.Daph.

Oohhh
Awesome vids!!!!! Okay now I'm flying for the rest of the weekend, no joke. I'll post more vids a little later.
edit on 26-8-2011 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Thank you D, though I learned a very valuable lesson--don't attempt poetry in the wee hours unless fully awake. Still looking for my old writings from the angsty teen years hehe as very little has been produced since then--still wanted to contribute to the thread though.

Feel free to share from your own archives when and if you feel comfortable and ready.

Way overdue for bed, so I dearly depart from the ATS jungle. Hope your day is full of smiles and only minor exchanges of insanity with the youngin's. Peace.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

edit on 26-8-2011 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You may appreciate this...they are from a college town not far from where I live.

CJ

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Yeah that's nice, reminds me of the stuff put out by Rae and Christian and Aim

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

A little more sleep helps alot, now I can think. Looked through my archives nothing there that would uplift anyone, very melancholy stuff. I'll write new ones.

I'm trying to stay more positive lately and away from negative thinking, speaking etc.

Old Cole Porter song.

A little soul

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

really really inspiring tune.....gives me chills everytime

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Tre mellow. I wonder, are there really flautists playing or is it all computer? Because there are always excellent wood instruments on these chill tunes...thanks for that...reminds me of amsterdam in the 90's.

CJ

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Like all the music - who knew ATS was the place to learn some great new/old stuff? This bands writer has good lyrics...

CJ

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Hi ColoradoJens, sorry I skipped ya. "As a bummed dumped ex," I see you're goin through some stuff, don't worry, we all are. Cheer up.

I've never heard of any of the bands you posted, interesting though.

edit on 27-8-2011 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Hey DaphneApollo! I know you have somehow been deemed "keeper" of the thread - whether you want it or not!
No need to reply other than when and if you want - it is fun to hear everyone's choices...I particularly liked the Roberta Flack and Rod Stewart as those were both played in my house growing up.

I've put this up before but it's going up again...really cool band.

AH!!! Edit: Harold and Maude was one of my mom's introductions at a young age - I loved it!! Watched it with friends about 1000 times in my youth - have the Cat Stevens album with the songs from it - my kids love the songs -so happy...

Hope all is well!

CJ
edit on 27-8-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

...someone said harold and maude?... one of my all time fav movies...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

...theres another one they do that was featured in the movie Nadine (jeff bridges & kim basinger) thats absolutely one of the sweetest love songs ever... I Cant Resist... couldnt find it on youtube, grrr... if you can find it, its worth the trouble...

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join