It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2331 posts for weeks now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I have no new news on the condition of the Gulf of Mexico, or it's corresponding states. I'm just curious if all is well, or has the media blackout actually succeeded? This is the first forum I've gone to since TSHTF in the gulf, and quite frankly, I'm disappointed in the lack of updates here. I'm asking you fellow ATS citizens... Is all well on the coast, or have "they" succeeded in shutting everyone up?

I mean, seriously, where is all the groundbreaking news? I know things can't be all hunky dory this early in the game. Or maybe it's the calm before the storm?
edit on 10-6-2011 by ImYourHuckleberry because: "to" instead of "too"

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
there is still a ton of oil in the gulf, but sunk under the surface due to wonderful chemicals. now with the floods, vast amounts of fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides are flowing into it. many folks are f..skrewed

What else do you need to know

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I guess it hasn't been on the news for a while but as far as I can tell things went relatively back to normal.

I'm suprised they still have a forum on this seems a bit out dated, does it not???

I thought I had that conspiacy worked out when it happened but I forgot when all the protests happened.

It doesn't seem important either I mean, it was just one oil spill.

I've lived life since then.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well I must applaud you both for even replying, as I thought I was kicking a dead horse. I guess she still has some breath.

@ BadBoyeed- thank you for stating the obvious. Things are not looking good with the oil, plus the fertilizers and all the other mess that's gonna wash up with the floods.

@Siren8- yup... just another oil spill. I guess things could be worse.

I know things "seem" to be back to normal. I live in Texas and everything looks fine from here, but I know things aren't always what they seem. I'm wondering where all the comments are from people in Plaquemines Parish and all the heavy-hit regions. I wonder how life is on the front lines. Has it returned to normal for them, or are they in a state of shock? This topic was pretty heavy for me when it hit the news, and it still hits home today. You can't bury a volcano of oil forever.

I was just wondering if there are still any instant ramifications, or if everything is going to be long and drawn out from this point on.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Project gulf blackout succeded, seriously no news?
How are the fish doing, what's the water quality like?
Is it truely safe to swim? Is there oil under the beaches still?
What is the impact on the ecosystem?

It cant be too bad and it must be back to normalish but the blackout seemed really sudden without much or any closure.
edit on 19-6-2011 by MrPolon because: silly typo

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
its been such a busy year that I forgot about it, so much is going on in the news that its a case of jumping from crisis to crisis, this threads good people need to remember

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
yeah, was a great year for "forumus"

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I don't know about further west, but around the Apalachicola region, nothing appears to be amiss. Birds are plentiful that feed on fish. No strange smells from the water. People are back to catching and eating the seafood (although I have held out and am STILL holding out for a while). People still talk about the oil spill, but pretty much treat it like ancient history now. But I do think a lot of people are cognizant of the possibility of a hurricane in the Gulf bringing up the stuff that is virtually now "out of sight, out of mind".

Are there really still nightime flights spraying dispersants into the Gulf? Beats me.

About the only question I still have in my mind is if there are any unexplainable NO FLY zones still in the Gulf of Mexico, or areas off limits to private boating vessels.

If not, well, I guess ALL of the gloom and doom predictions posted in this forum reflects poorly on the general credibility of this site. Not that there is anything management could do about it without some pretty whacky censorship requiring a functional crystal ball, but I think it is well worth considering that EVERYTHING you read on the internet needs to be taken with a large helping of salt. Which is most unfortunate, because with so many instances of people crying "wolf!", without a doubt the REAL wolfs are going to go undetected until they are chewing on our legs some day.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I was on Grand Isle, LA (the beach were Obama visited after the spill Source). There were no signs of oil in the water, tar balls etc. There were many, many people on the beach fishing and swimming. There were 10 of us there, 8 people and four dogs went swimming. No one got sick. We caught 2 ice chests of crabs which we ate for supper. Again, no one got sick.
I'm not claming the oil isn't still out there and not causing problems. Just wanted to give a first hand account that the beaches are fine. Everyone I know down there eat the fish, shrimp and crabs from the coast and no one I know has gotten sick.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ImYourHuckleberry

Its funny you bring this up. I was talking to a guy who did the IT work in the command center. He told me the well is still leaking just not as much. He also told me I can not confirm at this time 2 guys who worked in the command center IT killed themselves. Also if you want to find the oil he said to put a stick in the ground,

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ImYourHuckleberry

There was a thread just the other day about how the "microbes" had succeeded faster than planned.

I live 18 miles from the Beach, and all is well here. I have avoided Gulf Shrimp and Oysters this summer, but I have eaten some fresh fish.

The beach is beautiful.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Does that mean this BS conspiracy is going to die?

Wasn't the world going to end because of the spill?

I guess when the wind changes direction someone with a keyboard will post another end of times thread.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImYourHuckleberry
I have no new news on the condition of the Gulf of Mexico, or it's corresponding states. I'm just curious if all is well, or has the media blackout actually succeeded? This is the first forum I've gone to since TSHTF in the gulf, and quite frankly, I'm disappointed in the lack of updates here. I'm asking you fellow ATS citizens... Is all well on the coast, or have "they" succeeded in shutting everyone up?

I mean, seriously, where is all the groundbreaking news? I know things can't be all hunky dory this early in the game. Or maybe it's the calm before the storm?
edit on 10-6-2011 by ImYourHuckleberry because: "to" instead of "too"

WOW it's almost like you want to hear, or see bad news.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I live in South Louisiana. Some of the marshes are still oiled but at least on the surface, things are mostly back to normal. Been out in the Gulf recently and saw(and smelled
plenty birds. A couple of pods of dolphins were out and about. Caught some fish. Ate them. Delicious.

There is no doubt in my mind that oil still exists on the bottom or under the sand and that there will be consequences, but there is no major catastrophe of the order that alarmists often clamor about.

The biggest issue is the loss of jobs on the coast due to the fact that people are still afraid of Gulf seafood and the lingering effects of the Moratorium(still de facto in effect). I think Obammy really wants the oil money to go to Venezuela and Brazil. Screw the American workers again, Mr. Obama.

Also, BP is trying their damnest to get out of paying the fishermen and oil workers they affected and they are trying to get out of paying some money toward coastal restoration. The federal government is enabling them to do so. Now that the public and the media aren't paying attention any more.

So, long story short - incompetence and corruption from our federal government and a major corporation, which is severely screwing the little guy. You know, business as usual.

I have heard of cleanup workers getting sick but there is nothing close to any widespread "Gulf Oil Disease" or any bunk like that.

BP sucks, the federal gov't sucks, and local workers are struggling, but we got it, bra. The folks down here will stick out another damn crisis. Just hoping no hurricanes this summer (fingers crossed)

edit on 16-8-2011 by louieprima because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join