It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump strikes again. States GOP has a "death wish", hints at still possibly running for President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Donald Trump warns GOP that they could lose the House, hints at returning to presidential race

Donald Trump took to YouTube on Thursday to warn the Republicans that they are in danger of losing their majority in the House of Representatives and if they nominate "the wrong guy" they may have to deal with the billionaire.

“When they tamper with Medicare -- which happens to be a good program, but there’s lots of fraud and waste which we should take care of -- but when they tamper with Medicare, they have a death wish,” Trump said.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Wow. Wasn't he just leading Republican polls? And not only that, he's threatening to basically destroy any Republican chance of beating Obama if he runs independent.

Also makes his meeting with Palin eating some pizza a bit more interesting as well. As many of you know, Palin has supported helping families with special needs children and also put a law forcing oil companies in alaska to cut citizens a check each year....but she is on the record for supporting Ryans plan.

Regardless, IMO, Trump is absolutely right this time. GOP messed up big time with medicare and they will pay the price. Now I'm wondering if Conservative talk radio,etc...will turn on Trump as they did Gingrich.
edit on 9-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
He has the money to go independant, he could be the next Ross Perot but a Klingon haircut instead of Romulan ears

In any case I don't like the guy, he has no chance of winning but he has a better chance at being independent since independents don't get into debates so he couldn't be televised saying something real dumb like "Vote For Me, I know How To Con Dictators In Overpaying For Property"

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

In any case I don't like the guy, he has no chance of winning but he has a better chance at being independent since independents don't get into debates so he couldn't be televised saying something real dumb like "Vote For Me, I know How To Con Dictators In Overpaying For Property"

I don't like Trump either. He's said some ridiculous things...but he's right on this one....as well with China manipulating it's currency.

Just crazy to me that he was just leading Republican polls...and nearly ALL Republicans in office signed on to the Ryan plan, essentially destroying medicare.

he could be the next Ross Perot

In regards to our trade policies, he seems to be similar to Perot.

It drives me nuts to see Obama trying to cut free trade deals with 3 more countries which is sure to hurt our economy even more. Neither party is doing jack about it. What's the point of job creation if they all pay sticks and pebbles? Republicans aren't the answer...they love free trade...even more than Democrats.

We need tariffs to protect our businesses, jobs, and wages. We'll never fix this problem unless we do something about it.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
He's lost all credibility unless he reverses his stand and runs for U.S. president. Offered a massive contract to come back to his NBC show, he took the bribe, and left the presidential race. Everything he says now is well under the radar that he created. Now his only route to gain the respect of many people and of history is to jump back in the race, and to be open and honest about the way the world is run. Will he do it? Takes guts. But then again, it takes guts to walk around with that hair.
edit on 9-6-2011 by Aleister because: misspelling

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

The GOP better hope he doesn't run independent. It's a guaranteed loss for them in 2012. If Trump hadn't spent so long playing with the Birth Certificate garbage, he may have been able to pull in more independents and democrats.

Anyway, if he did decide to run, promoting Medicare and ending trade agreements with China...he would get a percentage of the votes....I don't think as high as Perot though...but enough to make an impact.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Romney has gone off the deep end with the Global Warming talk.

Stand by Trump.....we may need you!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I gotta laugh at him throwing a plug in for the apprentice.

I don't like his chances for getting into office though, either GOP or as an independent.

As for medicare... Maybe the solution is to look at how Australia or Canada implement their system of public health and follow suit. Despite the fact that the Australian and Canadian medicare systems are far from perfect, they still work.

Seth Myers will be a happy man today...More fresh material to amuse the masses

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Romney has gone off the deep end with the Global Warming talk.

Romney has no chance. Global warming talk or not. I don't see anyone beating Obama in 2012. Personally, I'd love to see an independent with a chance.

Someone who is pro middle class, elderly, and the poor....willing to protect our jobs and end the damn wars. (And that would not qualify Ron Paul imo btw) Yes, government is bloated and too large...but I don't agree on cutting help for the people who need it. There are plenty of other ways to fix our problems instead of hurting those who have already had their teeth kicked in.

A wall street transaction tax would definitely raise some revenue..............

new topics

top topics

join