It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single Fathers Being Taken Advantage Of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I write this post to further the argument that single fathers are being taken advantage of by our Government and especially those in the Department of Child Support services. There is and has been for a long time, a bias against fathers. I am a single father and have been taken advantage of several times by our system. But first, let me give you a background of my history before I start whaling on the Child support system and how much the government has total disregard for fathers.
My ex and I are separated and have joint custody(50/50) of my daughter. First off, I am made to pay child support and she is not simply because my ex has been receiving cash aid even though she has a full time job and has been leaching from welfare and food stamps since she was a teenager. A point I brought up several time in front of social services and child support but they didn't seem to care. I work, go to school, and take care of my daughter. I am behind on just a couple child support payments but am paying them slowly because I have groceries, bills and diapers to worry about more then giving my ex her free money. Next thing I know I check my account and child support levied all monies in my bank account, without warning and notice. I go to the child support department and they tell me there's nothing I can do until I pay all of it.

Great, so I am left with no money, nothing. I'm just glad my family helps me out or else I don't know what I'd do.
Also, during the breakup, my ex has my car, which I never liked, but is still in my name and currently paying off the loan for it. My ex is supposed to pay me every month but she either is a month late or just doesnt pay me. My parents even pay the insurance for the car and my ex never even once, offered to pay it. Also, smog and registration is due for both cars, hers(technically still mine) and my car.

So as you can see, there is something wrong with society today when fathers are left to clean up after dead beat women of the world. What people don't realize is that there is more then likely just as many deadbeat dads as there are dead beat moms and the fathers are left to clean up all the mess. It just isn't fair.
I know it probably sounds like I'm letting off steam, and I guess I am but our child support system is full of bias and holes that need to be fixed and mended.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I totally agree, as being a single father in the system (two time convicted felon)

From last may till this may i payed a total of 9700$ in child support and medicaid payments. Oddly enough for the first 8 months of that period my child wasnt even covered on medicaid because of the mothers error in paperwork. Where did my money go? Another thing here in Texas, i think its right around 82% of women are awarded custody of children, for no other reason then being the mother. So what are we teaching these young women?

But fear not, i have went to an attorney and am getting the ball rolling on my custody case.

GOOD THREAD

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbaker20
Great, so I am left with no money, nothing. I'm just glad my family helps me out or else I don't know what I'd do.
Also, during the breakup, my ex has my car, which I never liked, but is still in my name and currently paying off the loan for it. My ex is supposed to pay me every month but she either is a month late or just doesnt pay me. My parents even pay the insurance for the car and my ex never even once, offered to pay it. Also, smog and registration is due for both cars, hers(technically still mine) and my car.

I'm not even going to get into why you're paying her for child support when she doesn't have the child, It's the obvious unfairness that's bothering you but as long as the system is requiring you to pay child support, it is what it is - until it changes. No matter how unfair it is.

Now, what can you do to help your situation, besides feeling sorry for yourself (which you have every reason to)?

1.) Take her (yours legally right?) car back, sell it and pay off/on your child support.
2.) Never talk bad or allow your family to talk bad about her in front of your daughter. Your daughter will see what's up when she gets older all on her own and respect you even more for it. "Revenge is best served cold."

Hats off to you!
edit on 9/6/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rbaker20

This is one of the many reasons I will never marry or have children.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
In texas, if your both on certificste, first to file for child support, gets custody. I hate the system. It is outdated. Women can can sign their rights away willy nilly, a man cannot.
Woman can choose to be a parent or not (to unborn child) a man cannot.
Woman can go to court, cry domestic violence w/o proof, man denied visits
Woman doesnt have to honor "visitation", but man dont pay, its jail.
Woman can adopt a baby out, w/o the father, man denied right to parent.

And I am female. A mother. Makes me sick, that all the above is in the best interest of the child. A real man will take care of his regardless. A boy, will always be a boy.

I think men should have "equal rights", a man should be allowed to sign papers within 3 months of conception, saying he doesnt want to parent. Watch birth rate decrease dramaticcly.

Seriously, so sick of hearing, "imma put his butt on child support cuz he messin with her not me" anf other similar phrases

Now if a man "plays daddy" to his child, from birth, he shouldnt be allowed to change his mind later, same for women. My 2 cents.

new topics

top topics

join