It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hammerfall - Rock, at it's best

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hello all.

Since I discovered the Rock band 'Hammerfall', I been rocking to their music non stop even though im not a rocker.
So for all you Rock heads, all you Rockers who have not heard 'Hammerfall', I present to you a really good 'Power Rock' band that most have not heard about.

So the story begin's with, Desecrator.

Ceremonial Oath was a Swedish extreme metal band who formed in 1988 under the name "Desecrator", changed their name to Ceremonial Oath in 1990 and disbanded in 1995.[1] During their short career they released three demos, one EP and two full-length albums.[1] Their influence is greater than their short lifespan suggests: several of the band members would later create or join metal bands that would gain fame and fortune on the future metal scene, such as In Flames, an influential band to the melodic death metal genre; and Hammerfall, a band who would greatly influence the awakened interest in power metal and traditional heavy metal

en.wikipedia.org...

And so 'Desecrator' became 'Ceremonial Oath'. Although some band members went on to form other bands, the two more well known are 'In Flames' and 'Hammerfall'.

In Flames was founded in the year 1990 by Jesper Strömblad as a side project from his then-current death metal band, Ceremonial Oath.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, back to 'Hammerfall', which was formed by former 'Ceremonial Oath' lead guitarist Oscar Dronjak in 93'. Oscar was also lead for 'In Flames' who sold over 2.5 million albums, Oscar is the rymthm guitarist in 'Hammerfall', who are a power metal band from Gothemburg, Sweeden.

HammerFall began their quest for musical dominance when guitarist Oscar Dronjak quit Ceremonial Oath and invited Jesper Strömblad (from In Flames, also formerly a member of Ceremonial Oath) to join him as a drummer on a new musical project which he had been idealising for some time. Dronjak had already composed the song "Steel Meets Steel", which was later included on HammerFall's debut album. They were later joined by guitarist Niklas Sundin, bassist Johan Larsson and vocalist Mikael Stanne. When Niklas Sundin and Johan Larsson left HammerFall the following year, Glenn Ljungström (then guitarist of In Flames) and Fredrik Larsson (the bassist of the former Swedish death metal band Dispatched) replaced them.

en.wikipedia.org...

The current members are;

Joacim Cans - lead vocals
Oscar Dronjak - rythm guitar, backing vocals
Pontus Norgren - lead guitar, backing vocals
Fredrick Larsen - bass, backing vocals
Anders Johansson - drums

Interesting bit's;

Hammerfall have covered quite a few Artist and band related projects during their time as a band. Some of which include: Helloween, Judas Priest, KISS, Europe and Twisted Sister.

Samwise Didier, the Art Director of Blizzard Entertainment, painted the covers for several of the bands releases, including Crimson Thunder, Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken, Threshold and No Sacrifice, No Victory. As tribute to the band, in the game World of Warcraft (the art for which Didier is largely responsible for), there is a Horde town in the Arathi Highlands zone named Hammerfall, as well as a Dwarf town crier in the city of Ironforge named Courier Hammerfall.

And now let's 'Rock'!!!

That's it. I'll let you find out songs on your own. Thank's for your time and I hope you like the band 'Hammerfall' and you enjoyed reading a little and finding out about them.

Peace all.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hammerfall is a great band to dig into.

If they are a new taste to you, then you should check out Blind Guardian, and perhaps Opeth.

Also here is a list of other bands for you to taste. List of progressive metal bands I like to sample them on grooveshark, and if something catches my attention then it's on! The same album for days sometimes longer.

rock on!
edit on 9-6-2011 by Kevinquisitor because: Added link

edit on 9-6-2011 by Kevinquisitor because: too many beers

edit on 9-6-2011 by Kevinquisitor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

Niceone i'll check em out. Yea Hammer are a new flavour for me

Just recently discovered them, literally. I like nearly all their song's.

Thank's for that, i'll definitely check em out

EDIT: Thank's for that link dood!

Rock on!
edit on 9-6-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
S+F for the presentation.

Hammerfall is one of my favourite bands.
You got to see them live to feel the energy.They are amazing.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Thank's

Yea they are my fav band at the moment, koool links

I cant stop listening to them! lol

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yep, great band!

The other person is right, give opeth a listen. Saw them live, incredible. My friend says they are perfect to listen to on magic mushrooms as well, I take his word for it.

Dragonforce is another fantastic power metal band, one of the more mainstream ones. Personally, my absolute favorites are more folk-y power metal, such as Mago de Oz (from Spain, en espanol) and Elvenking. Check it out...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6/9/2011 by moogle because: faulty link

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by moogle

such as Mago de Oz

Hey I live in Spain, my girlfriend likes that band, they good

Yea im definitely gona listen to Opeth and Dragonforce.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Thank's

Yea they are my fav band at the moment, koool links

I cant stop listening to them! lol

I know what you mean Joacim's voice is sooo addictive.
I saw them last summer in a festival and my neck almost broke from the headbanging.

You should hear his solo album.

and with Warlord

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Really addictive! Yea Joacim's voice is the best!

That musta been a 'heavy' concert!

I'd love to see them in action. One day i'll make it for sure.

I didnt know he had solo songs, niceone.

I'll listen to em now! lol
edit on 9-6-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

I have seen them live three times and every time is fantastic.

Did you hear their new album?It's called Infected and this is the first video:

Run Hammerfall,Run

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Nope aint heard it. What I have heard up to now is the ablum 'Glory to the brave' and 'Renegade', and now these tracks you posted.

Thank's dood

EDIT: If they come to Spain im going live.

edit on 11-6-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Nope aint heard it. What I have heard up to now is the ablum 'Glory to the brave' and 'Renegade', and now these tracks you posted.

Thank's dood

EDIT: If they come to Spain im going live.

edit on 11-6-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

They are playing in Spain.July 16th Sonispere festival,Madrid

es.sonispherefestivals.com...

You are lucky.Have fun

top topics

join