It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The day after Iran's first nuclear test is a normal day'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
'The day after Iran's first nuclear test is a normal day'
Iranian news source

Any mention of an Iranian nuclear weapon is taboo in the Islamic Republic, which insists that its nuclear programme is entirely for peaceful, civil purposes. So it is remarkable, to say the least, that an article has appeared on the Gerdab website, run by Iran's Revolutionary Guards, anticipating the day after Iran's first test of a nuclear warhead. Here is a translation of the text:

The new article that appeared in their media is described as a hypothetical. Analysts think it may be more of a test kite to see reaction. A few years back the Ayatollah declared a nuclear weapon a no go, stating they would not build a bomb.

....and the world believed them.

They said they were in compliance with IAEA regulations for their program, and the world believed them.

They stated they only needed to enrich uranium to 15% +/- to be used in medical areas and the world believed them.

Where are we now?
A quickly advancing nuclear program with dual intent. A declaration that Iran will enrich uranium to an even higher level which serves no civilian function. The announcement by Iran that they are going to triple their enrichment / uranium output. A hidden enrichment facilty that went undeclared to the UN.

And finally, the article from Iran news sources talking about, hypothetically, of an Iranian nuclear bomb. Hypothetical or not, it goes against the Ayatollahs statement.

Ahmedinejad and the Ayatollah at odds...

I think our lives are going to get a little bit more complicated....

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
it would serve a very good civillian function in securing the protection of the iranian civillians from those that are only interested in global dominance.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Iran is testing the waters of international public opinion on them possibly pushing their nuclear capabilities to the next step.

People will come up with their own varying opinions on the subject. I'd be surprised if even Tehran's staunchest ATS supporters didn't see this coming through all the BS they've spewed over the years about a strictly peaceful nonweaponised program

SIMPLY PUT....
If they do someday reveal such a program then that means they lied.

edit on 9-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
im no expert but this seems fairly simple to me. in general if youre in the m.e. and dont have nuclear weapons the US will eventually get around to bombing the crap out of your country and killing your civilians. if you do have nuclear weapons then they dont. its like telling a bullying victim to not defend himself. just keep on taking the beatings and giving up the lunch money. what choice do they really have? tons of countries have the bomb. which of them have been invaded lately...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

The difference, in my opinion, has nothing to do with a nuclear bomb. The issue I have is I truely beleive the Government of Iran is.... how to put it... A hostage shy of a hijacking.

Back in the day the point behind nukes was called MAD - Mutually assured destruction. If a nuclear war ever boke out, it would be WWII.

If Iran gets the bomb, and all they need is just one, I can see it being used on Israel.

I just wonder how longs its going to take the international community to realize they have been hoodwinked.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

They will not use the bomb on Israel! It would be suicide and Iran is not going to commit suicide.

They want the bomb so they do not end up like Iraq.

I don't blame them a bit.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
with the united states declaring war on every nation on earth. any government would be stupid not develop nuclear missiles.

and if you think the united states care more about its people than any other government on earth, you need your head examined.

high level government officials would survive any nuclear attack scurrying like rats into their massive multi billion dollar luxury bunkers, then leave to an unaffected country, probably in europe and set up a "reconstruction" government.

there they can leave in the wealth they are accustomed to.

while the rest of america gets vaporized and lives in a barren radioactive wasteland.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

SIMPLY PUT....
If they do someday reveal such a program then that means they lied.

Like......dare I say it??.........

Israel LIES about their nukes every day....

I can't blame any country near Israel for wanting nukes..
Having said that, I'm pretty sure Iran could get their hands on one if they really wanted to anyway..

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Iran can build a warhead, put it on a misslie, and use it on some other country. There is no law against it. They are a "soveriegn" country, so they are entitled to do as the please, just like any other country. Does it make a difference? No. Are they in fact doing it right now? Yes. I'm just glad the good ole USA has it's own nukes already, and the delivery systems to use them, and when the Iranians decide they want to use one on the US, they are more than welcome to! They are after all a soveriegn nation and all. I mean, it's not like they're country is run by some nut job that say it's ok to stone young women to death because they were in a beauty pageant or something like that! right? Yep, Iran is building nuclear warheads. So what? who wants to live forever?
edit on 9-6-2011 by CosmosKid because: spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

You keep coming back to Israel and their refusal to confirm or den info about their nuke program. This is why I made the comment about Syria and Iran withdrawing from the NPT if they wish to pursue nuclear weapons.

Israel is not a signatory to the treaty, and absent that, they are not required to report any program to any governing body other than their own people. Syria and Iran would be in the same boat if they did not sign the treaty either

Iran, on the other hand, IS a signatory to the treaty. That is Irans choice and no one elses but Iran. So please, respectufully, lets try to keep the thread on tract and not devolve it into a tit for tata over which country is doing what, especially when the comparisons is in the realm of earth sized planets and peanut butter.

That aside, I have to agree with the guy in the article who gave his opinion. Why would they post this in the newspaper, especially when the Ayatollah has "forbade" nuclear weapons. Is this coming on the heels of the recent power struggle between the Ayatollah and Ahminidejad?

A test balloon to see how other countries might react?

I will cede the fact I am not familiar with Iran except for my own research. You are knowledgeable about that part of the world, what do you think the artcile is about(all I ask, for your answwer, is to leave Israel out of it for the time being.)?

I am looking for a purely internal thinking type answer for Iran. Why do the article, which gives the impression a nuke might be pursued, when it flies in the face of what the Ayatollah says?

Any insight?
edit on 9-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
More war mongering!

Just what we need, AMERICA...&$@/ YEAH!

1.War on Terror
2. War on Drugs
3. Iraq
4. Afghanistan
5. Libya
6. Yemen
7. Iran???

I left out Pakistan & Syria
those are "Coming Soon" attractions

Really ATS? You want more?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
More war mongering!

Just what we need, AMERICA...&$@/ YEAH!

1.War on Terror
2. War on Drugs
3. Iraq
4. Afghanistan
5. Libya
6. Yemen
7. Iran???

I left out Pakistan & Syria
those are "Coming Soon" attractions

Really ATS? You want more?

You forgot to add The Ailen/ET Threat as i very much think this will be the next big thing on the cards. I dont believe for one moment most ETs are hostile else we would have been invaded and taken over or worse destroyed by now. But i'll conceed like on Earth there are good and evil forces as work. So i think the next big thing will be for say USA to announce discovery of ET and oh by the way a hostile ailen invasion is on the cards and so via the UN there will be a one world Troop force or something simmilar set up....

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Aaaaand Israel bombs Iran in 5. . . . 4. . . 3. . . . . 2. . . . .

I'm going to start wearing my tinfoil Hat of Doom (trademark Disney corp.) every danged day!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
All countries "lie", without exception. The ruthless and complicated game of global politics and control demands it. If you're a Fox news watching mouth breather and hinge your entire outlook on "Aha, they lied!", you just don't have a clue.

In a more perfect world, I completely understand and agree with their motives for wanting nuclear weapons. However, I think most can see they when and if they finally have effective nuclear weapons, it's only a matter of time before they're used, and probably not for the reasons we would think. Intellectuals are not in charge anywhere, so that argument is pointless really.

The world in general is so vulnerable right now on so many fronts, global economic manipulation, moronic religious struggles and good old narcissism alone practically guarantee a mass murder if it's only a button push away.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
How many of the posters on this thread have been to Iran....I have in late 2009....had a realy great trip.....

I'm sick of hearing...IRAN HATE...from americans.......let the Iranians sort out their problems themselves...

You've got your own problems with your ratbag leaders and government....religious wacko's...

Why are so many americans against the rest of the world?.....are you scared of everything outside your border?

So what if Iran develops a nuclear bomb....you have hundreds....bloody hypocrites....

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Great post
. But u forgot Argentina on the possibly coming soon list. All justified by our "news".

new topics

top topics

join