It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gagging Order given to British Speaker!! - This is outrageous!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The co-founder of a popular St David’s parade told of his shock after being banned from making speeches at the next march.

Adam Phillips was instrumental in launching the Wrexham parade, which this year, its third, attracted 1,500 marchers and a 5,000 strong crowd.

But he has now received a letter from Wrexham council chiefs telling him he is banned from speaking at next year’s event because of a gesture and comments he made during his speech.

It is claimed the 39-year-old made an inappropriate salute during the Welsh national anthem.

“I couldn’t believe it when I received the letter, I was really shocked and angry,” he said. “During the anthem I punched the air in pride, caught up in the emotion.

“I also said, ‘remember to vote in the referendum – Yes?’ It wasn’t meant to be a statement telling people which way to vote. I also said ‘remember Wrexham is a town not a city’ – the crowd were loving it.”

“Several people were offended by your ‘clenched fist’ salute, perceiving it to be aggressive and inappropriate,” read the letter

Full story: Founder of St. David's Bay Parade Banned from Speaking at Event

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Of course now they are going to have to ban soccer players, basketball players, football players, golf players, cricket players...etc for fist pumping. As we all know that is show of CELEBRATION. The only ones offended were the scum who did not like the fact that his followers were growing. He was becoming too powerful so they used a "sledgehammer to crack a walnut".

I hope he decides to ignore their request and continue to speak FREELY. It is, afterall, his natural born right to do so.
edit on 6/9/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Seems like a no story to me.. No one wants to see him speak, so he can't.

join