It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown to carnage: Syria slides towards civil war as Britain and France call for UN

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

Romania kick Russia's A** , this must be biggest joke ever , Romania will cease to exist in 5 mins if it went to war with Russia

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

Romania kick Russia's A** , this must be biggest joke ever , Romania will cease to exist in 5 mins if it went to war with Russia

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

Read more carefully what i posted.I said proportionate numbers of soldiers,tanks,planes.Not Russia vs Romania lol.

I really don't like to reply to something outside of the topic, but some people don't even bother to read before posting.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
reply to post by USAisdevil

Read more carefully what i posted.I said proportionate numbers of soldiers,tanks,planes.Not Russia vs Romania lol.

I really don't like to reply to something outside of the topic, but some people don't even bother to read before posting.

and romania has an army lol. quit daying dreaming , romanian a** was whooped by russikies in ww2 , and if romania attempted something stupid then you will be whooped like Georgia , even NATO won't come to your rescue .

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Syrian forces make mass arrests

Syrian security forces have made sweeping arrests, randomly detaining males above the age of 16 in a north-western province, it has been reported.Syrian President Bashar Assad has unleashed the military to crush a popular uprising against his authoritarian rule. Human rights activists say more than 1,400 Syrians have been killed since mid-March.

Human rights activist Mustafa Osso said the arrests were mainly concentrated in the Jisr al-Shughour area, the town of Maaret al-Numan and nearby villages, where the army has been massing troops for days. Mr Osso added that troops opened fire early on Thursday in the outskirts of Maaret al-Numan, a town of 100,000 on the road linking Damascus with Syria's second-largest city, Aleppo. No casualties were reported.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said dozens of tanks, armoured personnel carriers and buses used to transport anti-terrorism forces were deploying around the town of Khan Sheikhon south of Maaret al-Numan. Residents were fleeing the town. Mr Osso said the number of people detained daily in the area is at least 300.

Nearly 9,000 people have sought refuge in Turkey, according to Turkish authorities.

source

top topics

<< 1   >>

join