It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

amulets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
can amulets have "powers" because my friend was out side with a metal detector about 5 years ago and the thing went off so we dug then about two feet down we found this pendant with a stone in it (i think its a opal)
so he wears it as a good luck charm and for the first week he had 3 OBE'S. then he stopped wearing it because he thought it was evil. so he put it in a box on his shelf. can a special stone help psycic powers or paranormal phenomena?

[edit on 6-8-2004 by jerseydev]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
any insight would be graciosly appreciated

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is not the type of site for this type of thing...try googling it...that shoud bring you up many sites for this. This is basically for debate on the topic savailable...
Good Luck

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'd actually like to hear more about this amulet.

What type of metal is it? Are you sure it's an opal? Anything inscribed on the amulet?

the more information you can give the better.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
bull crap this isn't the site for this!
yes, there are several stines that can supossable rase your mental powress, and i think an opal might be one, allthjough, is it purple? it might be an athymest, those are soposse too help metal abilitys.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
i know all stones have metaphysical properties. everything vibrates, bla bla bla. but the owners energy would be the most influencial. perhaps something uncool happened to the person who wore it last?
if he likes it he can clear the enegy by soaking it in saltwater in the sunlight

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm sorry. I thought this was more of a pro and con, debate the issues and deny ignorance sorta site....not a learning metaphysics site.....if it is a learning metaphysics site.....I'm sure there are many that will now come forth and have plenty of questions for not only metaphysics, but witchcraft, and many other things others want o learn...again, I apologize, I just thought the site was for other types of learning....
But yes, amulet can work, but as stated above, it's more of the wearer than the amulet...the amulet is juts a "help: so to speak...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
im not looking for things to raise my "psycic" abilities im wondering does his astral projections have anything to do with...forget it ...humans...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
HUMANS!!!!!! who ever said i was a human!!!!!!!! tell us a little more of the amulet, if you can plz post a pic plz!!!

[edit on 6-8-2004 by demonhunter]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
all the phisical matter have a electric field, all the living matter have a bioelectrical field, and to that natural fields we call "aura".
each especific material element have a especific type of aura, and auras can influence other auras, as other phisical matter nearby as well. the fact that she have astral experiences is not related at all with evil or magic, but in fact the stone aura can interact with her, make it more easy to experience that.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
A fuller description would be useful.

The depth it was found could imply two things - either that it was lost many years ago (ie around the Celtic/Roman era or possibly Saxon) or was deliberately buried. If it was the latter, then a description could help us work out exactly why it was buried. (Hidden treasure or fear of the unknown comes to mind).

As for the metaphysical effects, yes, it is quite possible that an amulet can result in such things as OBEs. Again a description would help.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
from what i understand gem stones help to focus/absorb phsycic energy, but different inscriptions have different meanings to a wearer, if there are any inscriptions on the pendant please describe them, also what kind of setting is it in, it may help to identify what the stone may previously been used for and what kind of energy it has absorbed.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
certain crystals and minerals can be charged by its owner to work as amulet. I believe in the power of amulets and I have been wearing one since childhood that was blessed and charged by hindu priest.

quartz crystal, amethyst, sodalite, and a few others stones have been known to help assist oobes, whether the stone your friend found contributed to the oobe, it's hard to tell, but the stone could definitely have stored up energy or whatever its called from its previous owners.

some people, myself included charge stones with our negative vibes and throw them away, in order to clear ourselves, it could be the pendant found was used in a similiar manner.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
we found it in central oregon it almost looks like a bronze metal because it has gotten green.im going to put a picture up

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Stones are used to channel energy.

For example, mine is a Topaz (Scorpio ) it gives us much needed mental support as it is suppose to release magicks so things flow, otherwises schizo it is like with most scorpios. Also it brings serenity of the mind and protect from illness. Each Zodiac has their own stone but other stones vary from luck to protection etc.

People curse their belongings so that could have happened but that is usually one with Diamonds.

For a Libra (owner of Opal) it brings financial success, gives clear insight and free from jelaousy and greed. The stone may have had an adverse afect on you especially if the owner still wants it if they are Dead or Alive.

[edit on 7-8-2004 by DragonflyKingdom]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Opals have a long and interesting history

Early races regarded the gemstone as one having magical properties, possessing healing powers of all gems due to its various colours.

Greek astrologers and soothsayers from ancient days believed that the gemstone gave the owners (who possessed it) the powers to prophesise future trends and act with foresight.

Eastern people treasured the gemstone as a sacred one.

Another peculiar tale associated with the gemstone was that in the nineteenth century a theory existed that the gemstone if worn by a person whose birthstone was not Opal, bad luck or cruel fate would befell him or her. The theory has with passage of time lost its relevance.

hydepages.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
certain crystals and minerals can be charged by its owner to work as amulet. I believe in the power of amulets and I have been wearing one since childhood

Ditto worldwatcher. While RVing last night, I found an amulet I thought was stolen. I found it in this hidden pocket compartment I did not know about. The interesting thing is that I wasn't RVing to find this item. My higher self must have directed me to it.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Where do you guys get these amulets from? Do you have to do any kind of special voodoo or something to get them for have these properties? What would be a good amulet for a Leo, I've always wanted an amulet or something like what you guys are talking about. My grandfather has kind of a tailsman that he never talks about, I've always wanted something special like that.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have an amulet of the Ancient Egyptian god Bes, which has been verified as having been carved during the 'Third Intermediate Period' (1070-712 BC).

Bes originated in the country of Libya and was adopted by the Egyptians as a protector god.

The Egyptians also saw Bes as one who not only protected but entertained children - when a child smiled for no reason, it was thought that Bes was pulling faces at the child to make him or her laugh! He was thought to entertain through dancing and singing, and so he was also thought to be a god of happiness and joviality.

Of course that is the reason I felt drawn towards the amulet and the god when I first heard of him. He seems to be a kind of Ancient pixy god.

This is a picture of the original amulet.

There is a strong feeling of protection and happiness that emanates from the amulet, which is no wonder considering where it was carved and how old it is. Ancient Egyptian artifacts, particularly those deliberately designed for religious purposes, all have very strong magickal properties.

The God Bes
Bes, God-Demon of Protection, Childbirth and Entertainment

Originally posted by joshter
What would be a good amulet for a Leo, I've always wanted an amulet or something like what you guys are talking about.

I have little personal knowledge of astrology, but these links may be of use.

Amulets - Leo
Leo Amulet

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
IMO amulets work better when they are given to you as a gift or the amulet chooses you like when you are inexplicably drawn to it while you're not specifically looking for it.

top topics

join