It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden's Name Still on TSA NoFly List

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is my first thread, so I thought I would start out with something different to share with all of you.

As the thread title states, Osama Bin Laden’s name is still on the TSA NoFly watch list (latest list issued TSA_No_Fly_N1713_csv 06-02-11.csv).

Here is a screenshot of the CSV files:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d6234c4979e.jpg[/atsimg]

And here is a screenshot of the NoFly CSV file as viewed using Notepad++. Note that there are multiple entries for OBL (this is common throughout the NoFly and Selectee lists, as the vetting software needs to be able to create possible matches with persons with multiple ways to spell names and/or different DOBs).

I have censored other names displayed in order to respect ATS T&C.

I do not think this is a conspiracy or anything, I think that it just goes to show you once your name appears on the list, it is very difficult to remove it!! I assume that DHS/TSA/CBP just continues adding names to the list however they do not take the time to remove them.

Additional Notes:
Many people think that the lists are secret, however they are unclassified. The lists are essentially “Need to Know” and are controlled by 49 CFR Part 1520.

And for those interested, the header of the CSV files is as follows:
SID,CLEARED,LASTNAME,FIRSTNAME,MIDDLENAME,TYPE,DOB,POB,CITIZENSHIP,PASSPORT/IDNUMBER,MISC

In addition I am extremely busy, so I will try to respond to any questions when I can.

Thanks ATS.
edit on 8-6-2011 by JarsCloutLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JarsCloutLife

S & F for ur first thread .. well drafted

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Where can you find the complete link for these? I still don't understand what you are saying

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

My apologies if I was not clear on what I was trying to say.

Basically, I am saying that Osama Bin Ladens name is still on the TSA NoFly watch list, even though he is dead.

And you will not find a link to the watch lists because as I stated, these files are released on a "need to know" basis only. Therefore, I posted screenshots of the section inside the NoFly watch list CSV file which clearly shows the name of Osama Bin Laden.

I can not release the files without violating ATS T&C (yes, it is against the terms and conditions of AboveTopSecret to release secret information). In addition, I would face a severe civil penalty in doing so (not to mention it would just be plain irresponsible of me to release the files).

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Interesting it seems like they simply are either covering all possible Osama Bin Laden's alias (not that many people use their actual name for alias) or they simply put everyone who shares his name on the list.

As for his name being still on the list it could be just laziness that his name is still there. Of course perhaps some agencies still believe that Osama is still alive.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So we are supposed to take your word for it that you have access to these "need to know" files? How are we to know that you didn't just create files on your own computer, take screen shots and post them here?

Sorry... not buying it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Starrunner

Yup, I agree - pure laziness. That is why the list continues to grow and grow!!

BTW: The NoFly list has 325392 lines in the CSV file ...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Yeah, I figured many people would not believe that I receive the watch lists. And you are correct, I could have just made up the files. But I didn't. And since I am not allowed to upload the files (which even then - you could say that I generated them ... all 500,000 + names).

All I can give you is some background info that might convince you.

I will give you a brief crash course on the Advance Passenger Information System (APIS), APIS Quick Query (AQQ) how the TSA watch lists are used and ultimately why I receive the files.

APIS

If you are an airline carrier (or any vessel that carries passengers for that matter) you need to submit a manifest of all passengers on board prior to your vessels arrival in the United States. In addition, it is the carrier’s responsibility to scan the passenger manifest against the watch lists (also known as vetting).
If a Selectee is on board, then the passenger must go through additional security screening and the US authorities must be notified prior to the vessels arrival. Otherwise the carrier will face a 75,000 USD fine and possible loss of landing rights at the arrival station (JFK airport for example). Note however that the selectee passenger is allowed to travel.
If a passenger on board is on the NoFly list, then the passenger must be offloaded and the US authorities must be notified that said passenger attempted to travel to the US. Failure to offload the NoFly passenger results in a fine of approximately 150,000 USD and loss of landing rights.

AQQ
As of about 3 years ago, a new system was introduced where you could electronically query the watch list database (either per PAX or per manifest) and receive responses for each passenger. The possible responses are as follows:
AQQ Cleared
AQQ Selectee
AQQ Inhibited
AQQ Timeout

The AQQ Timeout is where I come into play. You see, at least once a month the system fails to function properly. Therefore, carriers need a fall back system (essentially reverting to the older offline vetting system) in order to scan their manifests.

I am a programmer that has created software that automatically scans the passenger manifests and searches for matches on either the NoFly list or the Selectee list. This software is used at many different airports in Germany.

edit on 8-6-2011 by JarsCloutLife because: I'm tired.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JarsCloutLife

That's enough to convince me. Thank you for a most informative and well-put-together post. But now I'm afraid that you've given enough information to be found out. I hope no one notices or thinks it's important enough....

top topics

join