It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choir of the Crickets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, this may not be the optimal forum for this thread, but Im really unsure which one would deal more with living creatures and nature, so, its here til someone moves it.

I came across this today, and not only is it beautiful to listen to, it was a really great idea on the part of the people who thought of it. What it is, is two copies of the same crickets singing. One played at the speed we normally hear. The second is slowed down to a speed that supposedly would bring them more to human speed in terms of life span. I dont know how accurate that is, but, the result is intriguing, and beautiful.

edit on 8-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thankyou so much for posting that!

I heard a recording like this - I'm not sure it was the exact same recording but it might have been, it was a few years ago now, but it was certainly the same thing. It was played over the speakers at a conference I went to by Hamish Miller, the dowser, now sadly deceased. It was eerie and wonderful to listen to. I've often wondered if it would be possible to find a copy of the recording, in fact I was thinking about searching youtube for it just the other day - and here it is LOL..

I've also wondered what it would sound like if you did the same thing with birdsong or bees buzzing or other creatures' singing. Makes you wonder a lot of things, that.

Thanks again

peace
J
edit on 8-6-2011 by skjalddis because: typo

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
That was so beautiful.

It sounds so much like the most natural and inspired church choir I have ever heard.

I was feeling very depressed and lonely when I just went online. This was just on time.

Thank you OP, when I felt I had run out of hope, for some reason this filled me up enough.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

This is very beautiful, IAG - as are you.
I am shocked and saddened to see you are no longer part of this forum.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join