It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now official : Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide causes birth defects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Of course anyone who had done their research prior already knew that.

And of course, Obama will continue to have those SOB from Monsanto in his administration and at the FDA.

It’s official: Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide causes birth defects

A new report by some top scientists has nailed it down, and Monsanto isn’t going to be happy. The Agri-giant has built its entire business model, including genetically modified (GMO) crops that dominate the US market, around its Roundup brand herbicide.

They last thing they want to admit is that it causes birth defects.

But that’s just what a group of scientists from a diverse group – including Cambridge University, the King’s College London School of Medicine, and the Institute of Biology, UNICAMP, São Paulo, Brazil – have found.

Key findings:

* Industry (including Monsanto) has known since the 1980s that glyphosate causes malformations in experimental animals at high doses.
* Industry has known since 1993 that these efects could also occur at lower and mid doses
* The German government has known since at least 1998 that glyphosate causes malformations
* The EU Commission’s expert scientifc review panel knew in 1999 that glyphosate causes malformations
* The EU Commission has known since 2002 that glyphosate causes malformations. This was the year its DG SANCO division published its final review report, laying out the basis for the current approval of glyphosate.

Breaking news, governments are corrupt and don't care if it kills people, some of them even like that!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This will be buried.

Monsanto is not going away quietly.

Hope I'm wrong!

I certainly will pass the info on, though.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Breaking news, governments are corrupt and don't care if it kills people, some of them even like that!

I must of missed the part where it says it's killing people?

edit on 8/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Our studies show that glyphosate acts as a disruptor of mammalian cytochrome P450 aromatase activity from concentrations 100 times lower than the recommended use in agriculture; this is noticeable on human placental cells after only 18 hr, and it can also affect aromatase gene expression. It also partially disrupts the ubiquitous reductase activity but at higher concentrations. Its effects are allowed and amplified by at least 0.02% of the adjuvants present in Roundup, known to facilitate cell penetration, and this should be carefully taken into account in pesticide evaluation. The dilution of glyphosate in Roundup formulation may multiply its endocrine effect. Roundup may be thus considered as a potential endocrine disruptor. Moreover, at higher doses still below the classical agricultural dilutions, its toxicity on placental cells could induce some reproduction problems.

ehp03.niehs.nih.gov...:doi/10.1289/ehp.7728

They have known this forever. However, we the unwashed masses are expendable.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I must of missed the part where it says it's killing people?

Well birth defects might end up killing babies might it not? Depending on the severity....

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Well the birth defects are in frog and chicken embryos.

When we see human birth defects, then we should be worried.

Also, as a point of interest, the tests were carried out with glyphosate, which hasn't been exclusive to Monsato for 11 years.

But apart from that, I'm not a fan of them monopolising the market.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Maybe just coincidence, but I have had a horrible spate of friend's babies being born with disabilities.

Just a few weeks ago, a friend's baby was born with no eyes which was a very sad shock for all concerned. This seems to be more prevalent in the last 10 years than I ever remember it before.

I actually had this conversation today with a client who has a grandson born with disabilities. Her last 3 grandchildren were each born with various problems. None of which were even heard of years ago.
My suggestion was it must be something we are eating/drinking or breathing, as I have heard of more babies with disabilities than without them in the last few years.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Well the birth defects are in frog and chicken embryos.

When we see human birth defects, then we should be worried.

We should be worried anyway.
This stuff is getting put out into the environment, sprayed around. Think what it's doing to the wildlife...

If we're gonna survive on this planet, and if this planet is gonna survive us, we need to start seeing ourselves as part of the whole biosphere, not something separate from it. We need to care not just about whether something affects us directly as a species, but the effect that it has on the environment as a whole. I shouldn't even need to be saying this, we know it already.

peace
J

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think Monsanto sold the rights to Bayer. Boycott them both. There are reports of these products being sprayed intentional on indigenous people in South America to cause sickness and disease. These products destroy to make way for monoculture farms and tree plantations comprised mainly of genetically modified crops and trees. They are useful for genocide as well.
edit on 9-6-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

top topics

join