It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research Creates Nanoparticles Perfectly Formed to Tackle Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

Researchers from the University of Hull have discovered a way to load up nanoparticles with large numbers of light-sensitive molecules to create a more effective form of photodynamic therapy (PDT) for treating cancer.

The nanoparticles are made from a material that limits the leaching of its contents while in the bloodstream, but when activated with light, at the tumour, the toxic reactive oxygen species can diffuse freely out of the particles; meaning that damage is confined to the area of the cancer.

If im reading this right, this nanoparticle treatment only affects the cancer cells, rather than damaging the surrounding healthy cells.

The researchers tested the nanoparticles on colon cancer cells, and while they were able to penetrate the cells, they also found that the nanoparticles could still be effective when near -- rather than inside -- the cancer cells.

They dont even need to be inside the cancerous cells to be effective!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
That's really cool Its just a shame that many different cures for cancer could have been mass produced cheaply by now ridding the world of cancer but that doesn't make money or depopulation quotas now does it?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
That's really cool Its just a shame that many different cures for cancer could have been mass produced cheaply by now

Name one, please.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by famalhut
Name one, please.

I know you weren't asking me, and this is hardly a proven cure yet, but it shows a huge amount of promise, and the only reason I know about it is because it was developed by a medical professor at the university I attended.

www.dca.med.ualberta.ca...

I don't know what's happened in the 4 years since that article was written, though, so maybe it wasn't as good as predicted, but there was a lot of local hype about how good this might be. The doctor working on it figured it would cost something like $2 per dose per person.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by famalhut

Originally posted by TechUnique
That's really cool Its just a shame that many different cures for cancer could have been mass produced cheaply by now

Name one, please.

Just one? How about diet... I know, boring right?

Acid-Alkaline Balance and Your Health by Virginia Worthington, ScD

Many healers are concerned with the level of acidity or alkalinity of the body, from orthodox medical doctors to alternative practitioners like cancer doctor Emanuel Revici, controversial test developer Dr. Carey Reams or the sleeping prophet Edgar Cayce. When these different healers speak about acid-alkaline balance in the body, what do they mean? Why is this important? And how do nutrition and lifestyle affect acid/alkaline balance? Our purpose here is to explore this topic and to answer some of these questions, particularly as it relates to the research of Dr. Weston Price.

www.alkaline-alkaline.com...

Deoxycholic acid (the name says it all, makes national news)
Amygdalin (releases low dose cyanide instead of disastrous radiation)
Capsaicin (leads to acid production in the digestive system)
EBC-46 (newly discovered extract w/ strikingly similar effects)
Grape Seed Extract (same concept w/ digestive acid production)

top topics

join