It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did A Massive Solar Proton Event Fry The Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Dr. Paul LaViolette explains that there was a proton event just over 12,000 years ago that wiped out much of the life in North America, Europe, Siberia, and South America.

Did A Massive Solar Proton Event Fry The Earth?

Close to the end of the last ice age there was a sudden disappearance of many mammalian species which some paleontologists say was the most severe since the disappearance of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. In North America 95 percent of the megafauna became extinct, these being predominantly mammals having body weights greater than 25 to 50 kilograms.

This article goes on to say that this "proton event" wiped out a good portion of the Clovis people, and legends that refer to a "burning of the Earth" was this very event:

LaViolette's book Earth Under Fire, which he first published in 1997 and later updated in 2005, relates stories and ancient legends from around the world describing how the Earth had once been burned by the Sun, an event that was said to have brought about a world conflagration and even caused genetic mutations in animals.

Some legends describe how survivors took shelter for several days in a cave or underground dwelling.

Paleontologists note that Clovis paleoIndian campsites in North America suddenly terminate at one point and LaViolette notes that this Clovis end date either immediately preceded or coincided with the date of the 12,837 years BP super SPE.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
That's quite interesting. I had never herd of this event before.

So I noticed about it saying how people took shelter for several days in caves.
Hmmm doesn't that get you thinking about the supposed'"elite underground caves/bunkers???

Think im going to find out some more on this event. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I would not at all be surprised if it was human beings who caused it. 12,000 years ago? Seems very likely. Genetic mutations? Sounds like it could have been nuclear war to me.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

It has been suggested that Rajasthan was irradiated by a nuclear blast between 8000-12,000 years ago. Some say it was an ancient nuclear war. Who knows? I love this kind of stuff, though. Ancient civilizations, mysterious extinctions, anachronisms. Exciting stuff!

Ancient City Found in India, Irradiated from Atomic Blast

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

If we are in a position to wipe ourselves out now, then chances are we have been in the same position before.

top topics

join