It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 10 alien planets have an Earth like Moon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This means that conditions for life are much better in the Univers are much better than we thought. It is believed that a terristrial planet needs to have a large Moon in order to make it more stable and balanced and allow macro life to exist. It also means that terristrial extrasolar planets maybe more hospital for human life than we used to think, because those planets are more like our one then we used to think.

This new evidence also contradicts the Moon Matrix theory pushed by David Icke, because the Moon Matrix theory assumes that the Earth and its Moon are unique and there's nothing else like it, therefore the Moon isn't real. Well that's no longer the case:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MayorOfCydonia

Our Moon is disproportionately large - more than a quarter of Earth's diameter - a situation once thought to be rare.

I suppose the authors of this Article Forgot about Plutos Moon Charon
Charon Moon Of Pluto is over Half Plutos size in Diameter

The link from the Youtube Video Directed to about the article goes on to say

Last year, researchers from the University of Zurich's Institute of Theoretical Physics in Switzerland and Ryuja Morishima of the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics at the University of Colorado in the US undertook a series of simulations to look at the way planets form from gas and smaller chunks of rock called planetesimals.

Simulations are usually wrong especially when we still know little about the universes functions. I've seen several Articles that prove simulations wrong time and time again. So we can't really rely on our simulations yet.

Until we get some real Data on the number of moons around Exo-planets In different Star Systems.

To me its all speculation but interesting theory non-the-less.

Interesting To note That 1 in 10 Alien Planets may not have an Earth proportionally similar to Earth and its moon.

You may want to change the title of the thread 1 in 10 planets May have an Earth like moon.

He called the result an "interesting estimate" but cautioned that there are several as-yet unknown parameters "which greatly affect lunar formation and evolution and thus the probability of hosting a large moon". He told s that, for example, it is still impossible to put numbers to the effects of a planet's initial spin before impact, or how the disc of material is formed and evolves after it.

hot-discovery.blogspot.com...
edit on 8-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

Since many of the Planets in Our Own Solar System Do have Moons Especially the Gas Giants I think it is safe to say there could be a large number of moons in other Star systems; even habitable moons.

Regarding David Icke's Matrix moon theory i'm not really knowledgeable about it so i won't get into it.

edit on 8-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Hummm a youtube video of some text and a link (on the youtube page) to someone's blog. Doesn't sound too convincing to me

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MayorOfCydonia
This means that conditions for life are much better in the Univers are much better than we thought. It is believed that a terristrial planet needs to have a large Moon in order to make it more stable and balanced and allow macro life to exist. It also means that terristrial extrasolar planets maybe more hospital for human life than we used to think, because those planets are more like our one then we used to think.

This new evidence also contradicts the Moon Matrix theory pushed by David Icke, because the Moon Matrix theory assumes that the Earth and its Moon are unique and there's nothing else like it, therefore the Moon isn't real. Well that's no longer the case:

www.youtube.com...

Could you explain what you know or have read about about Ickes "moon matrix"? is it from his book or is it second hand media perceptions or is it from "physical" science based observations; I have yet to read ALL of his perceptions and views on this moon matrix;I do know that Icke often uses metaphors when describing other dimensions and their influences on this earth plane, he often uses the film the Matrix as a METAPHOR for what he perceives to be the OCCULT realities of inner dimensional manipulation of this physical realty we call the only reality because it can be seen, reproduced in a test tube , heard or felt;A lot of Ickes terminology is based on OCCULT references;To the ordinary layman who has not studied or practiced the occult it will seem as nonsense and gobble-gook, this is born out of a non understanding of inner realities and intelligences that remain in an occult=(HIDDEN), reality;
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

top topics

join