It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming - Speed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Recently my day dreams and general dreaming have become a lot more vivid and i can control them i.e lucid dreaming. But what i noticed when I'm dreaming is that i seem to move about 100x my normal speed, i usually start off by going through a tunnel (strange i know) like this

but I'm aware of how fast I'm moving and I'm unable to slow down even though i want to. Even when I'm just day dreaming i seem to be unable to slow down when I'm in a room or if I'm trying to stop at a particular place or object i find it hard to slow down to focus on that particular thing. What i wanted to know was whether or not the people who have lucid dream also have this problem or whether they can control the speed they move etc.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kirstiehughes
Recently my day dreams and general dreaming have become a lot more vivid and i can control them i.e lucid dreaming. But what i noticed when I'm dreaming is that i seem to move about 100x my normal speed, i usually start off by going through a tunnel (strange i know) like this

but I'm aware of how fast I'm moving and I'm unable to slow down even though i want to. Even when I'm just day dreaming i seem to be unable to slow down when I'm in a room or if I'm trying to stop at a particular place or object i find it hard to slow down to focus on that particular thing. What i wanted to know was whether or not the people who have lucid dream also have this problem or whether they can control the speed they move etc.

I can't really say, are you expecting it to happen when you are lucid dreaming? If so, that could be the problem.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
maybe your mind "feels", and I use this term loosely, the motion of the earth, motion of the sun, of the galaxy, of the supercluster. which is pretty damn fast. other then that maybe your thoughts are racing and this is some sort of indication.

also the answer above, if you are having an expectation of going fast then it's easy to assume you will dream it due to constant thinking of it. same neuron connections and all that jazz
edit on 8-6-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Thats an interesting theory, i hadn't thought about that! I was thinking it maybe because my thoughts are racing a bit too much, i haven't had lucid dreams for too long so i was thinking maybe it could be my mind isn't relaxed enough yet?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kirstiehughes

when i lucid dream it is normally the opposite, i feel like i am moving through oatmeal. in the real world do you feel like you are racing towards something.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
maybe its to do with concentration? Maybe your lucid dreams are a bit more vivid so you can slow down and look at things in alot more detail?

top topics

join