It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the huge animals in alaska's lake illiamna

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
in alaska theres a lake called lake illiamna which is almost as big as lake michigan. there are stories and even a few pictures of the huge animals there. like jelly fish whose bodys are 10 feet across and giant sturgeons that can be 25 feet long nicknamed "illies". there are also reports of skeletons up to 175 feet washing up on shore theres a link to a site

lake illiamna

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Damn...what'd he use for bait???

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
thats one big ass fish. if i caught that, i would be set with bragging rights for a long time

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
took the words right out of my mouth neosnightmare. in idaho, i forget the dam's name, it's near the towns of orofino and peck. legend has it that the dam sprung a leak, and two divers went down to plug it up, because the water was so murky visibility was difficult, suddenly a big eye opened up and spooked the divers. it's just a legend, but my friends from that area claim it to be true, i for one don't believe a sturgeon can grow to be the size of a bus, but i could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Whats the point of catching a fsh that big? You cant even strecth your arms far enough to describe it at the bait shop.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Whats the point of catching a fsh that big? You cant even strecth your arms far enough to describe it at the bait shop.

Greed and Ego!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Its fishcakes for the next 12 months then...

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
eyewitnesses say the fish they saw were around 20 feet long and the record sturgeon was 20 feet long. it sounds possible to me.

besides, with little or no lakeside population, the human element might not be putting a strain on the fish population, allowing these monsters to grow to biblical sizes.

I know where my next fishing trip is going to be.

now, to find out where I get moose meat for bait.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The dam is Dworshak, about 45min from where I live. I've heard the same stories of super large fish down there, and the record sturgeon mentioned was in the Snake river in Weiser Idaho in 1898, about 20 feet and 1500 lbs..........they had to use a team of mules to pull it out!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Must be something in the water

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
That is really great! Places like this are becoming far and few in between as human population grows.

One thing for sure, I wouldnt go swimming in those waters!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Crikey!! That's a biggun'
Are there any images of the jellyfishes?
It just shows that anything can grow in these remote lakes.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Wow, that National Geographic site says there could be 16.4-foot stingrays in China. As for 10-foot-wide jellyfish? If we spent just a fraction of what we spend exploring space on exploring our own planet, imagine what we could find... How very sad. I like Bush, but he's the guy who wants to spend ... $4 trillion was it to get a BASE on the moon and reach Mars? Sooner or later he'll comission a Sealab... 2021... Yay Bush!

new topics

top topics

join