It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious FAILURES!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
My favorite is the JW doctrine...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Not even jesus knows the end..

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Exactly!!! Yet nuts like this and people like Camping continue to have followers. Makes you wonder...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Right on. This is a very good example of the destructive qualities of Christianity in this day and age. I was raised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and even though I skipped 4 grades, I wasn't able to continue on with higher education until I was able to leave home, specifically because of this false doctrine. There are many other examples of damages arising due to the petty hateful belief structures of many sects and religions. In my not so humble opinion, the worst one in the Abrahamic cults is the doctrine that teaches that we are all sinners from birth. The idea that there is something wrong with you being instilled in your mind from an early age, has to be very psychologically damaging. I know that I'm still trying to overcome the programming.
S&F,
Q&A
edit on 7-6-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Interesting. I never pursued a career because i thought this world is so messed up that there was no point. It had nothing to do with religion though, I just observed the world going downhill fast and made a decision to enjoy life and ignore the system as much as I can while still living a comfortable life. I still work for money which I use for food and bills and I own a cellphone. But no car, no college, no mortgage, no children obviously, and at the same time, surprisingly for how busy I've been enjoying life.
However, as a person who enjoys studying history, and religion being a part of our history, I have to remind you that there are very few people in the world actually practicing Christianity. This story is not about Christianity. If you follow the most popular and well-accepted conspiracies on this site, then youshould know that, as a way to exert power over the masses, some people have hijacked certain tenets of society such as politics, education, the justice system, and of course, the most easy to manipulate, religion and especially Christianity and Islam. If you believe the people behind this were true Christians then that is like saying George Bush was a real Christian and if you believe that, well, there may not be any hope for you... Lol. I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from though. I mean, you grow up seeing this label, Christianity, placed on so many things that you know are wrong and evil, soon enough it will leave a bad taste in your mouth. Am I defending Christianity? Honestly, it was started sooooo long ago, I think it would be arrogant of me to try to form an opinion. However, whatever faith or non faith you choose, you should base that decision on your own thoughts and opinions and this is where so many "christians" get it wrong. Basically, I just keep an open mind about everything. It would also be arrogant of me to say that we know enough to say there is no god. Evil definitely exists though, and evil seems to attack the good things, and if there were such thing as Satan and I were he, I would attack Christianity... Even if it took thousands of years, I would twist it around so badly that any person with half a brain would walk away in disgust upon the mere mention. Just something to think a about, I don't mean any harm or disrespect. I just see atheists everywhere talking about how ignorant and stubborn religious folk are in their beliefs and how they never actually research the facts and how they always are in your face with their beliefs, and on this site, I see atheists doing the exact same thing. I like to read about religion because it interests me, as it is undeniable ky.a part of our history, and every single religious thread you will always find atheists who answer the op with "well Jesus never existed so your question doesn't matter" etc... This is not to say that you are one of those atheists or that you are an athiest, this was more for the benefit of any athiests who would be excited by the thread title and clicked on it. I'm not saying atheism is wrong, but don't be hypocritical by practicing your beliefs in the same annoying way as your counterparts... I used to respect you people, when you actually used logo in your arguments. But lately I see a lot of atheists who are just as ignorant as the religious nutters and just as stubborn and annoying. Don't get me wrong, I just keep an open mind about everything. And I think that nobody really KNOWS much of anything...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

At the risk of getting into trouble, I have to point out that JWs are not Christian, any more than Mormons are.

new topics

top topics

join