It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Admits: We Have No Gold

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by Section31

If you did a little research, you would have looked up the definition of gold certificates...
Gold certificates represent the ownership of gold.

If you had read just a little farther on the first page you would have seen that I already mentioned this. However I am glad you brought it up again later in the thread.

Sorry man.

I should have read further.

edit on 6/8/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

So...
What's the point?
What's really going on here?
Is there anything going on here? Is it deeper? If so, why? What's the bother with stripping things and rights away from people if all they're going to be left with is nothing?
I still have yet to begin grasping this concept of - what word am I looking for?
Human seems have threatened itself and accepted it's own challenge, believing it to be a bluff.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think that it's pretty clear that the US governmant is just a puppet for the 8 controlling families to extend and control their vast monopolies. They hold all the cards and it's far too complex of a game to uncover. They also have build in protection. The banks and fortune 500 are connected at the hip. The gold parachutes are for the CEO/Chairmans to keep their mouths shut.

Very few know how it's all contected, but we will never know who they are, but rest assured they are rich and invisible.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookey
reply to post by hawkiye

So somebody answer this one..

If they control the money supply, they don't need money, they just use that concept to control us right?

So, money is not backed by GOLD, so as printers of money, they don't need gold, right?

So, what do THEY need gold for? It is not wealth, they already have that.

I guess it is for some OTHER reason.

Printers are the new gold.

Having gold makes it difficult to manipulate and devalue currency.

Hence why there is now no gold.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by TheReturnisNear

You cant stand him?

Who else is bringing up issues like this at all? Who in Washington is doing anything other than handing the people who want to dismantle our Constitution and who are gutting our nation economically the keys to the castle?

He may not be the best interrogator, and I will give you that, but at least he has TRIED to make his fellow politicians and the American people aware of some of the crap going on.

I will give you that but we need some interrogation.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikemp44
reply to post by emberscott

Yay! Maybe I'm worth a few extra $100,000 to the FED now! lol

Sad but true, we are owned by a entity we created. Now where have I seen that plot before...?

The monetary system here is like the serpent eating itself, the uroboros I believe its called....

A little tidbit out there for everyone who thinks the FED is nuts and the US government has turned on us long ago: The US, for the past 30 years, has been engaged in massive stockpiling of mineral, metal and chemical base products, such as copper, tungsten, zinc, iron, quartz, various natural gases (not "natural gas" that we use), limestone, etc... while dumping its gold and precious gems reserves. Why? Well, I'll let you figure that out.... (Hint Russia has been doing the same thing with our help. Again why?)

Perhaps Gold is going to tank hard like diamonds did back in the 1800's... me has said for four years this will happen, and by late 2012 I really believe it will, though it has no relation to the end of the world BS.

China is also stock piling rare earths and minerals. But you say the US is doing the same thing. Why? What is your thoughts on that?

As for Gold it is a risky investment that has caught on of late, but it has always been a risky investment. I am interested in thoughts on rare earths and other mineral stock piling.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Usually when resources are stock piled it is for war or some other event that closes down access.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Federal Reserve Admits: We Have No Gold

www.shtfplan.com

The Federal Reserve does not own any gold at all. We have not owned gold since 1934, so we have not engaged in any gold swap...

What appears on our balance sheet is gold certificates…Before 1934 the Federal Reserve did, we did own gold. We turned that over by law to the Treasury and received in return for that gold certificates.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thedailycrux.com
beforeitsnews.com

This is not news at all. Gold was the way things were done in the past. I point to this excellent video, it breaks down the whole "What is MONEY" concept from the beginning to the end.

Check it out "Money as Debt" it's a long one -45 min, so sit back relax, pop some popcorn and enjoy!!!

edit on 8-6-2011 by uSNUUZuLUUz because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2011 by uSNUUZuLUUz because: spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretGoldfish

The fed of course are liars they have the gold listed on thier balance sheets, to say they are doing that just for accounting is ridiculous! If they have no interest in the gold then why is it listed as assets? They realize the Ignorance of the American people and know they do not understand thier ruse. The Fed does not get dollars from the treasury the treasury gets thier dollars from the Fed at interest.
edit on 8-6-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

hawkeye:

of course it's an asset on the Fed books, but the asset isn't the gold itself, which is why the value of that asset is still based on gold at under $40 an ounce from the 1930's

this is a monetary asset on the Fed books, not a purely gold asset like you see on the IMF books (which is a fraud anyway)

it's an asset because, in theory, the gold backs the gov't obligation to honor the gold certificate the fed holds, the ones issued in our grandparent's time. those gold certs are like really really really long term zero interest bonds.

now, again in theory, if the treasury goes bankrupt and the federal gov't defaults, the Fed *could* attempt to seize the gold backing the guarantee on those loans (ha, good luck) . . . but that can't really happen.

why? because this isn't greece, this isn't ireland. the u.s. can create money plain and simple. it currently uses the Fed to do that, but it doesn't need the Fed to do that.

edit on 8-6-2011 by SecretGoldfish because: formatting is off

edit on 8-6-2011 by SecretGoldfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
if anything, this is further indictment against the dollar rather than a revelation about the u.s. gold holdings

if the Fed can't even make a serious claim against the u.s. gold, how can anyone? answer = they can't.

and that 'world gold' held by the Fed in NY . . . well, it's in NY fellas

do the math on that one

u.s. gold holdings are fine. it's germany et. al. who need to worry about their gold holdings in that NY vault

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

We have no gold? Seems like they need to go back to school and learn english

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The federal reserve has no gold and maybe that is also why the USA started to attack Libya.

Gaddafi gold-for-oil, dollar-doom plans behind Libya 'mission'?

It's one of these things that you have to plan almost in secret, because as soon as you say you're going to change over from the dollar to something else, you're going to be targeted," says Ministry of Peace founder Dr James Thring.

for if the embedding doesn't work youtube link

Don't be dupeable to think that the USA started to attack for humanitarian reasons.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I hope that someone has posted this already. The Treasury is the organization which holds the gold, not the Federal Reserve. Because the Federal reserve does not hold the gold doesn't mean that the USA doesn't have any.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

True.. true.. I think what I'm trying to say is that in the event of a catastrophic economic incident that would require Gold to be tendered for the welfare of the State

oh hell you just had to say "welfare of the state" now they are gonna to want to start paying welfare receipients in gold.

doh!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
in all seriousness, if this is true
it is the beginning of the end.
nobody will lend anymore.
there will be a mass crash
on wall street and a mad dash
run on the banks to get their paper
out of ignorance.

No, there won't.

You (like most everyone else) *THINK* the end of __________ is near..... Why?
Because you actually think that what goes up.....must come down!

(It does not apply towards thieving/robbing/lying manipulators) -whose sole purpose is to
STEAL our hard earned money via their game and their rules.

The end is not near, and even if it was, you're nothing. Why?
Because you're in the small, tiny and fractional minority who care, while the masses just don't give a fark
about you, me, nor everyone as a collective as long as #1 (themselves) are doing alright.

So keep thinking that because they've admitted what everyone else that has a modicum of intellect
and common sense -has known since the great era of money backed by substance....There is no gold
and there is no money, but as long as the dumb, ignorant and lazy "people" think that it's A-OK to:

-relinquish rights in exchange for a daddy granted privilege
-ask permission to ______ when they have a RIGHT to do so....
-and actually think that their labor isn't their private property and actually "work" (slave) for a living:

America will NEVER be FREE.

Take that to the bank.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ron Paul all day! lol...I love how he is putting these people on blast for what they have been denying for so long...You would think Americans would be a lot more upset with the lies the federal reserve has been telling us!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephlimKilla
Ron Paul all day! lol...I love how he is putting these people on blast for what they have been denying for so long...You would think Americans would be a lot more upset with the lies the federal reserve has been telling us!

This ^^^

This is why the birth cert was do damn horrendous looking that even a quadriplegic meth addicted hooker with down syndrome could have done better:

THE PEOPLE just don't care!

I actually had a black friend tell me (when asked about the possibility of President Obama's ineligibility)

"So what!" Didn't you have illegal immigrants as family?

I am part Apache and half black, MY ancestors helped build this country to make it what it is today.
This isn't 1700's! Get over your tea bagging bull# and get with the program."

This is what was said!!!!!!!! To me.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
did everybody intentionally ignore the part where the said they gold is held by the UST ?

c'mon folks

RIF

linky

The United States Gold Reserve Act of January 30, 1934 required that all gold and gold certificates held by the Federal Reserve be surrendered and vested in the sole title of the United States Department of the Treasury.

The Gold Reserve Act outlawed most private possession of gold, forcing individuals to sell it to the Treasury, after which it was stored in United States Bullion Depository at Fort Knox and other locations. The act also changed the nominal price of gold from $20.67 per troy ounce to $35.

A year earlier, in 1933, Executive Order 6102 had made it a criminal offense for U.S. citizens to own or trade gold anywhere in the world, with exceptions for some jewelry and collector's coins. These prohibitions were relaxed starting in 1964 – gold certificates were again allowed for private investors on April 24, 1964, although the obligation to pay the certificate holder on demand in gold specie would not be honored. By 1975 Americans could again freely own and trade gold.

The Gold Reserve Act authorized the Exchange Stabilization Fund to use such assets as were not needed for exchange market stabilization to deal in government securities.

The Gold Reserve Act had economic ramifications far beyond national finance. At that time many contracts stipulated that their monetary terms could be demanded in gold. Such gold clauses were intended to protect against the United States devaluing the dollar. When the Emergency Banking Act of 1933 and the Gold Reserve Act of 1934 outlawed the use of gold such contracts became sources of controversy. In the gold clause case Norman vs. Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Co., 294 U.S. 240 (1935), the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that gold clauses were invalid. However, Congress later reinstated the option to use gold clauses for obligations (new contracts) issued after October 1977 in accordance with 31 U.S.C. § 5118(d)(2).

The 2008 decision 216 Jamaica Avenue, LLC vs S&R Playhouse Realty Co.[1] established that gold clause in contracts signed before 1933 was only suspended not erased, and under certain limited circumstances might be reactivated.

edit on 8-6-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

1) The widespread notion that the Fed owns gold is false. The corollary to this is the mistaken belief that the Fed understates its gold holdings on its balance sheet by only reporting certificates based on the $42.22 statutory gold value. The Fed does not in fact own the US gold stock multiplied by the market price of gold, unless the Treasury defaults and even then its not clear. The Fed does, however, own a claim to currency totaling $11.1 billion and this value has a remote chance of going up significantly if the Treasury revalues its gold and maintains the practice initiated in the Par Value Modification Act.
- from op linked source

so if the treasury can more or less do whatever they want and no one will know if what they're saying matches what they're doing, how can any one country evaluate anothers financial situation in order to be able to commence trading with them? it seems that there would surely be zero trust whatsoever between countries when it comes to reporting their assets or revealing their spot on the global ladder of wealth..just a thought..

-Bob

edit on 8/6/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
everytime i hear about money or gold backed something or other,
i'm reminded of shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice.

the old bastard wanted a pound of flesh.

don't people get it?

we back the currency.

not gold, or faith or reptilian aliens

us.

U.S.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join