It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Message to NATO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Good evening, NATO.

We are Anonymous.

It has come to our attention that a NATO draft report has classified Anonymous a potential „threat to member states’ security”, and that you seek retaliation against us.

It is true that Anonymous has committed what you would call ‘cyber-attacks’ in protest against several military contractors, companies, lawmakers, and governments, and has continuously sought to fight against threats to our freedoms on the Internet. And since you consider state control of the Internet to be in the best interest of the various nations of your military alliance, you therefore consider us a potential threat to international security.

Anonymous Message to Nato

I wonder what will come out of this.

I'm just a spectator, watching the 'cyber-attacks' as they happen, but even though I take no part in it, I will still take the repercussions (like many) if they decide to pull the switch on the net, or whatnot.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Oozii because: Font Fix

snipped and added proper tags to external sourced material.
edit on Tue, 07 Jun 2011 21:22:58 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If this is true it's very interesting. This first of all came from a blog so i'm not sure if the source is too credible. Also, IMO, anonymous is either a government operation or secretly back by the government. Anonymous can't just go running around doing what it's doing without government infiltration. Also any hacker can hack and claim to be anonymous, and you could never disprove them. Still, thanks for posting, very interesting.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
They did not do a very good job at sounding civilised, since when do you suggest peace then say, "come at me bro"? Its either real and some of the people in the group have a very big ego or its just a random person creating a message to spread. Perhaps both.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Fighting against anon is like taking a machine gun to a swarm of killer bees, you might get a few but ultimaly you'll just look a bit silly and have a big bill for ammo.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Oh no!!! What will Anon do... a DoS attack so that NATO employees can't access You Tube (yawn) give me a break.

I used to kind of like Anon... until they made me miss out on a months worth of Call of Duty: Black Ops.
edit on 7-6-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What I love about the whole 'Anonymous thing' is that Anonymous represents all of us, therefore anyone can make a statement on behalf of Anonymous. This means that in regards to the person/people who wrote this message, we don't know how powerful or skilled they are or whether or not they are actually skilled hackers.

Furthermore this message could actually be propaganda fed from the enemies mouth themselves.

With issues such as this, without knowing exactly what is at stake, we can never be sure about what we are hearing or who we are hearing it off.

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Fighting against anon is like taking a machine gun to a swarm of killer bees, you might get a few but ultimaly you'll just look a bit silly and have a big bill for ammo.

Maybe Anon at its core does stand for what is declared in the OP and not controlled by secret agencies as i suspect. But in any case, if it will attack big government target - result eventually will be less freedom for all. Including Anon. They will not use machine gun. They will use Anon attacks as a boogie man to scare people into more and more controlled internet and then when they feel it is under sufficient (meaning - total) control free Anon,again if it exists, will be shut down. Bees swarms can be stopped with very cheap insect repellent.
So i hope that Anon will not go against government targets. It will be RIP of internet.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir

I view this from a slightly different angle. I see it as being more similar to jabbing a butter knife into a composition of Nitrogen, Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, and Helium. You can continue stabbing it for hours and never see any results, aside from the loss of your own energy caused from the repetitive poking into nothing. It is only air. There is really nothing there.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
They did not do a very good job at sounding civilised, since when do you suggest peace then say, "come at me bro"? Its either real and some of the people in the group have a very big ego or its just a random person creating a message to spread. Perhaps both.

Oh that's LittleChingers, don't worry about it... MasterFlasher told him he'd give him a line on the bottom this time.

Seriously though, wish I had those skills. We all ask for a revolution and it's right there, but unfortunately I'm not skilled enough to join up.

Khar

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Think about it, even if Anon started out with noble intentions as some vigilante group seeking justice and freedom for everyone, they actually hurt their cause more by being so vocal and public about their existence. Now anyone, including government agencies, can do whatever they want and pawn it off on this group Anonymous. The door is wide open now. Maybe Anon is a creation of the NSA or CIA, so that we are looking at Anon, while ignoring the other hand, then the NSA/CIA can have plausible deniability and blame it on their front group Anon.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Yes, the governments of the world can (and probably will) blame a lot on Anon. But that was going to happen regardless of how low of a profile they kept. They were attemptedly set up in the Sony hack, but said they did not do it and there was no evidence pointing to them.

The U.S. and NATO will try to lock down cyberspace, it is inevitable and Anons existence may hasten it, but to those that have a bit of foresight you can see it coming. Governments can not fight an Idea, and just like it is impossible to win the war on terror, it is impossible to win the war on true human ideals.

We are Anonymous
We are Legion
We do not forgive
We do not forget
Expect us.

.....and apparently COME AT ME BRO!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Any single idiot can claim to be "Anonymous" in capital letters. For credibility of this statement or any other statement, proof through action would need to be demonstrated. Even that might not suffice: there may be dozens of groups calling themselves "Anonymous" - again predict a happening and then make it happen, and then "Anon" might be a real force to recon with, or at least someone claiming to be that lord of the nets given a demo.
edit on 7-6-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: speellling

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
*Stands up*

No Im Anonymous!!!!!!

I am Anonymous
I am Legion
I do not forgive
I do not forget
Expect me!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

wow at how people can be swayed. Most likely this isn't a group of rebellious hackers its a stage on which a war can be fought. Say hello to your new boogieman people "Anonymous" which can be any religion any gender or any race. The government now has free rein to attack its own people under the war crime title and the Pat act.www.youtube.com... good bye to freedom of speech it was nice while it lasted

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Oh no!!! What will Anon do... a DoS attack so that NATO employees can't access You Tube (yawn) give me a break.

I used to kind of like Anon... until they made me miss out on a months worth of Call of Duty: Black Ops.
edit on 7-6-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

And sorry to say... your post points out that you are part of the problem and not part of the solution. You care more about missing a month of a video game that demonstrates killing people and yet Anon. has stated they are doing these things to fight against the tyranny of the global Cabal for all of us .(Yawn) back at you.
edit on 6/7/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/7/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Its so obvious it hurts. TPTB will simply use this as an excuse to control the internet. Something they have wanted to do for along time with the exception that it will not apply to them, of course.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
someone has to stand up and do something. the patriot act blew away all boundaries of personal freedom, and the american people can do nothing about/against it. since the beginning of human "organization," tptb have used restriction of access to information to keep the "peasant" class under control. now that all information can be accessed instantly, and no one has any excuse to hide anything, anon with wikileaks is working to bring all of this information to the public. so of course anyone that goes against tptb is going to be a scapegoat for any number of "crimes." the church labeled Gallileo a heretic for proving the earth was round. i can only imagine what they (tptb) will do if/when anon reveals the full full extent of all of their corruption and lies. (honestly probably and sadly nothing but more sheep bawwwing)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It's funny how on ATS when something bad happens and Anon claims it was them, the first post usually states it's the CIA posing as Anon. Yet when it's good it's instantly Anon. I'll never understand ATS lol...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
What the naysayers don't realize... is that they are a part of Anonymous too.

We are all Anonymous simply by signing onto the internet and assuming our own freedom as individuals on here.

We all have our own individual opinions, and in cyberspace, we are free. I choose to retain my freedom of expression, of communication, of thought.

I don't need some international alliance of hypocricy and warmongers to dictate what I do in cyberspace. I don't need any spook bastards curbing my freedom.

The question is, what would you people do to preserve the freedom that you currently have to come on here and discredit Anonymous?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join