It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did the word Annunkai come from?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I know the story of the Annunkai,but where did this word come from? is it just from some Sumerian scribble? out of all the things I believe in,the whole Annunkai,Niberu, Annunaki names and history are just storys that would make a good book. there is no evidence of such a race,nor solid evidence of Niberu,every time a new comet or a new anomlie is found the Niberu crowd keep pointing there finger saying 'thats niberu' until its proven its not. I know this sounds like a rant,but what Im trying to say is why do people believe in this when it all sounds so terrestrial?

not UFO's and other alien encounters,its just the Annunkai I am asking about.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 13arrows

The Anunnaki are a group of Sumerian mythological deities. Anunnaki means "those who came from heaven to Earth" (Anu = Heaven / Sky, na = to come, Ki = Earth). The Anunnaki were the gods of ancient Sumer, one of the earliest known human civilizations. The head of the Anunnaki council was the Great Anu, the sky god. His throne was inherited by Enlil, resulting in a dispute between Enlil and his cousin Enki regarding who was the rightful leader. Enki was an alchemist and was said to have created mankind.

www.wordiq.com...

There you go. The internet is a wonderful thing.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
As I understand it, the Annunaki are just the "gods" or "god stories" of ancient civilisations such as the Sumerians and Babylonians.

So I guess the whole thing comes down to belief, like most religions. If we beieve in "gods" then I guess the Annunaki are possible, if we don't believe in "gods" then the whole thing would just be magnificent stories, handed down and enhanced. I would imagine it being a lot like a generational version of "Chinese Whispers"

I have a belief that "mankind" has a fundamental, almost primal "need" to create the superior, in ancient days it would be "gods" in modern times it's Superman etc.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Sitchin's translation of Sumerian/Babylonian texts I believe?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The way I see things, with the difficulty of first writing things in clay tablets, etc, and taking such care to preserve them, somebody placed a great deal of importance on these things. The same could be said as well of writings from other civilizations (including Biblical ones), who were willing to die to preserve them. Doesn't it make sense that there must be something to these stories, even if they are inflated a little. There's very few books in my extensive library that I would be willing to go through so much for, most especially give my life to save...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I know what it means. It means "those who from heaven came to earth" in other words extraterrestrials.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13arrows

not UFO's and other alien encounters,its just the Annunkai I am asking about.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69fe9fa432bf.gif[/atsimg]

Please omit your fears............

Mod Note (This Appears On Every Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you need to quote a member's post in your reply, please ensure you edit down the quoted amount to the minimum needed to make your point. Overly large quotes or minimal replies are subject to warnings or deletion. Below the reply button it says: (Minimal posts that contribute nothing to the thread are subject to immediate removal.)
edit on June 7th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
"those who from the heaven come"

well, that's what it said on AA

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I've done some brief research on the origin of this reference as well, to no avail. Anybody could find the definition of the word, or to what it refers, but where did it come from? Is this a Sitchin creation? Did he "translate" this from one of the Sumerian tablets?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
While you guys are at it can someone please tell me where we get the term "sidewalk" from?? Thanks in advance ATS!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Annunaki were seven judges of hell (nether world), children of the god Anu, who also sat before the throne of Ereshkigal (the wife of Nergal), she was the daughter of Demeter, Greek Persephone, Roman Proserpine, Gnostic Kore in other mythology. The Annunaki are regarded by some as the Sumerian ‘fates,’ where they waited at the gates of hell to judge the newly-arrived souls. The "Fates" were associated with Ursa Major, or the Pleiades (seven sisters) who were similar to the seven Hathors. Ananke the satellite of Jupiter that is 14th in distance from the planet [Greek Ananke, mother of Adrasteia (alias Nemesis a goddess of destiny, Egyptian Shait), distributor of rewards and punishments, by Jupiter, from ananke, necessity]. Adrasteia and Ida were Nymphs and daughters of the Cretan king, who cared for Zeus in a cave when he was a baby.

SOURCE

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I believe that the annunaki are a reptilian race from the Zeta Reticuli constellation.. aka the reptilians. They have been here since the time of the Annunaki and still control the human race till this day.. or maybe I'm on coke.

top topics

join