It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian court refuses to extradite man because America is a corrupt state

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
As an American, and knowing that Steven Harper (is one of them!!), I would have to commend this particular Canadian Judge on doing what's right. Protecting the little guy from these greedy corporate scumbags who take advantage of people simply because of the postirion they have attained. This is just proof of 2 addages. You can tell the character of a person truly, only when yhou give them power (clearly whomeveer is running the Cisco show has a weak character), and power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This Judge has high character and uses his power for the good of people and that is a guy who has finally colored outside of the lines according to the addages. Way to go canada.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
They refuse the extradite this man, but they gave up Marc Emery like a baby that gives up candy.

Not a good addage. Have you ever tried to get candy from a baby? It's hard man. Everytime.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Scytherius

Refreshing news about someone ANYWHERE doing the right thing these days. I wouldn't be surprised if this judge suffered a inexplicable "heart attack" or a "vechicle brake malfunction" on a curvy BC mountain road sometime soon. Someone of Bush ancestry will surely be spotted in the vicinity around that time enjoying a "hunting trip". I don't know anything more information about this case other than what was provided. But, it sure appears that some true justice was done by our friends to the north. Way to go!

Also, if it wasn't so damn cold in Canada maybe a US invasion / "liberation" would be more likely. They might have some WMD's hangin' around up there. Nope...just hockey sticks. Be careful though, you can really beat the crap oooot of somebody with one of those things.

For real though, thanks for being a good neighbor Canada. More than I can say for our other neighbor.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Fantastic read and finally some good news for a little justice in a system plagued with fraud and corruption. But let's get real and use the actual term for this type of system exposed in the article, and not some politically correct "Corporate Police State" naming convention by the author.

This is what is officially labelled as Fascism.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." -Benito Mussolini
edit on 8-6-2011 by reddpill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I wish I knew all the details of this case..it sounds fascinating. The stuff that good movies are made of.

Hey Simon..you should get ATS into the movie-making business. Make a film about this and other true life stories! I'd be a leading actor or an executive producer, of course!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Hey Khar it's not that cold up here. And besides, you get used to it...lol The only thing difficult to get used to is the Federal elections that seem to take place every 2 years...lol

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hes still in danger for sure

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
It's only a matter of time before we declare war on Canada now.

Second Line

And if that happened I would fight for Canada!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
God Bless Canada,
land of the Free.
Canada I love you.
dont let America intimidate you.

Did this whistle blower Rape any one?
Not yet! but the us will make some thing up.
Wake up America and smell the poo!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
As an American, and knowing that Steven Harper (is one of them!!), I would have to commend this particular Canadian Judge on doing what's right. Protecting the little guy from these greedy corporate scumbags who take advantage of people simply because of the postirion they have attained. This is just proof of 2 addages. You can tell the character of a person truly, only when yhou give them power (clearly whomeveer is running the Cisco show has a weak character), and power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This Judge has high character and uses his power for the good of people and that is a guy who has finally colored outside of the lines according to the addages. Way to go canada.

I couldn't have said better

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
And we got cute beavers too. But Canada is becoming more and more like the U.S. Just look at our current Prime Minister, so eager to sell us out to the highest bidder like a cheap bordello. Sell resources and buy back expensive manufactured goods, dismantling of our manufacturing sector, and my favourite: Free Trade = Buy from China. Wish we had someone like Trudeau again, he would tell the U.S., or anyone else, were the light don't shine when he had to, and not just be a lackey. Trade tariffs and nationalization of critical sectors would hurt the banksters and their corporate cronies, aww. The EU is self-destructing, why shouldn't NAFTA?

(end rant)

Does this mean more U.S. refugees coming? Have a cold one (we got good beer).

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Great post, s+f.

Canada is just as corrupt. Anyone ever hear of Marc Emery. Our government failed to remember how corrupt the USA judicial system is for that specific scenario. If you are unaware of Marc Emery, I urge you to look him up. It will prove how much of a farce this whole media stunt really is.

FREE MARC EMERY!!

Sorry if this has been mentioned in this post already but I'm in class and don't have time to read through 3 pages. Shame on Canada to use this example to portray themselves as a beacon of good judgement while Marc Emery rots in an American federal prison. Politics is such a slimy game. I hate the hypocrites who "hold our best interests in mind".

Cheers all.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I forgot to mention, this judge certainly is a prime example of what our officials should stand for. If more judges and officials of similar appointment were willing to stand for what is right, the world would be a much happier place. Good on you judge, stick by your decision and don't let the slimeballs who poison our system influence your honor and courage

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
How long till this judge is no longer a judge.......

GOD BLESS AMERICA.......

Stop telling God what to do.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ototheb85

Second Line

We are like Rambo the first in the forest

Second biggest country in the world
many places to hide from satellites .. at least 90% of the entire canadian ground is coverved by trees lol
and we have fresh water lakes almost everywhere ( except la riviere des mille iles
)

35 millions people in total = 35 millions potential rambos

Americans can join us .. you are all welcome

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

First and foremost, my hat goes off to this judge. He did what most people would think would be the norm. Not these days though, common sense is no longer something we see much of.

And as for Marc Emery, I am surprised that none of the other Canadian members made any mention of this.

Proceedings and guilty plea Federal Detention Center, SeaTac, where Emery resided in 2010. Emery and his two associates, all charged in the United States with drug and money laundering offences, each faced a minimum 10-year sentence and the possibility of life imprisonment if convicted there. On January 14, 2008, Emery had agreed to a tentative plea-bargain with U.S. authorities. The terms of the agreement were a 5-year prison term to be served in both Canadian and U.S. prisons.[126] In return, he demanded the charges against his friends Michelle Rainey and Greg Williams be dropped.[127] (An appeal court judge ruled on March 7, 2008 in a similar case that a one-month jail sentence and probation constituted an adequate sentence for the crime of marijuana seed selling in Canada. This could possibly have been used to Emery's advantage in his fight against extradition.[128]) On March 27, 2008 the plea-bargain deal collapsed because of the refusal of the Canadian Conservative government to approve its side of the arrangement.[129] In late 2008, an extradition hearing was scheduled for June, 2009.[130][131] However, before those hearings Emery agreed to plead guilty to one charge of drug distribution and accept a five-year sentence in the USA.[132][133] On September 21, 2009, Emery entered his guilty plea, and on September 28, he was incarcerated in a British Columbia prison awaiting extradition to a US federal prison to serve the five year sentence.[134][135] There is a 30 day appeal period before extradition. Emery was granted bail on November 18, after seven weeks in the pre-trial centre, to await the Justice Minister's decision on the extradition order.[136][137] While Emery was imprisoned, his supporters held a 24-hour Constant Vigil outside the prison with tents and banners for 45 days, ending when Emery was released on bail.[138][139][140] On September 10, 2010, Emery was sentenced to 5 years in prison minus time served.[141] As of 2011 Emery, Federal Bureau of Prisons #40252-086, is at the D. Ray James Correctional Institution in Folkston, Georgia.[142]

Wikipedia

The tidbit I quoted only relays some of the story. If you read the whole source you will see that his extradition to the USA was nothing more than a witch hunt by the DEA. Looks like the judge that handled Marc's proceedings wasn't as humane as the judge in question in this OP.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

i guess since canada have never accomplished anything of significance, i can see why they're all excited over this crumb. calm down before yall think yall have a military LMAO.

blah yall blah... that's all I took from that.

Why are you even a member of this forum? To war monger? Yeah, because Canada really needs a colossal military to go around killing millions of innocent people and creating hatred all over the world. Pull your head out your ass you moron... America's and everyone else's outrageous military s are the problem of this world.

EDIT: This topic reminds me of the song "closer to the heart" by Rush ....

And the men who hold high places
Must be the ones who start
To mould a new reality
Closer to the Heart

edit on 8-6-2011 by kreese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Love your Avatar. That movie was on TV the other night. I'm a Lumberjack, but I'm OK. Sleep all night and work all day. Screecher eh! You must have been to the Rock.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ototheb85

Second Line

I wouldn't show up.

hard for governments to fight war of the peasents stay home.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Last time that the US tried to annex Canada, the Mohawk Warriors went down to Washington D.C and burned the whole thing to the ground. The White House, Congress everything leveled flat. In fact the whole of D.C. was destroyed. That was the 1813 War. You must have been in the bathroom when your history teacher taught that lesson.

Canada was and still is one of the most heavily armed countries in the world. Canadians own more long guns per capita than any other country, including the US. As an American who has lived in Canada for some time, I must say that I am sometimes amazed when someone says they are a gun collector or a shooter and you go to their house to see what they have and its wicked. Big bore rifles with tripods and starlight scopes, plinkers, 4 different gauges of shotgun and ammo packed to the ceiling. (it's cheaper in bulk, EH!, they'll say : I even know a guy that makes his own).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join