It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian court refuses to extradite man because America is a corrupt state

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+119 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Yay for a Canadian court standing for what's right!! To hell with the corrupt scum running the US government and their corporate overlords!

Is American law enforcement colluding with Cisco?

As if we needed any more evidence that the United States is fast becoming a Corporate Police State (i.e., systematically deploying police power to protect narrow corporate interests), make sure to check out this jaw-dropping story that broke in Canada late Friday. It details how the British Columbia Supreme Court uncovered what it says is a massive collusion between computer giant Cisco and U.S. law enforcement -- a collusion that seems designed to use criminal prosecution to stop a whistle-blower's antitrust case against a powerful politically connected corporation.

The machinations in this case are complicated, but the basics go like this: Ex-Cisco exec Peter Alfred-Adekeye filed a whistle-blower suit against his former employer Cisco in civil court -- a suit that could compel the company to pay millions in damages for allegedly "forcing customers to buy maintenance contracts," according to the Vancouver Sun.

Cisco subsequently responded with two moves designed to intimidate Adekeye: First, the company filed a counter civil suit against him for allegedly "using a former colleague's computer code to illicitly access Cisco services worth 'more than $14,000.'" Then, the corporation had its allies in U.S. law enforcement cite the civil counter-suit to issue a whopping 97 criminal charges against Adekeye. In other words, instead of following Adekeye's civil case with criminal antitrust charges against Cisco, U.S. authorities were convinced by the corporation to add criminal charges to Cisco's counter civil suit against Adekeye (this move to add state-sanctioned criminal prosecution to a corporation's civil action, of course, is a textbook definition of a Corporate Police State).

Ultimately, U.S. authorities demanded the Canadian government extradite Adekeye for prosecution, and Canadian officials proceeded to follow U.S. orders by arresting and detaining him. However, on Friday, a top Canadian court rejected the extradition request, issuing a stunning ruling that goes way beyond one whistle-blower dispute.

What the judge said :

"This speaks volumes for Cisco's duplicity," the judge said, adding the company had "the unmitigated gall" to try to use the criminal process to humiliate and force Adekeye to abandon a civil suit... the arrest was orchestrated by Cisco as part of litigation strategy to derail the massive anti-trust suit Adekeye launched in December 2008...

Justice McKinnon said that his main offence was that [Adekeye] "dared to take on a multinational giant."

Freaking epic. A judge actually defending a guy exposing a corrupt corporation and a corrupt government. Awesome.

Way to go judge! Tell Obama, the Justice Department and CISCO to go screw themselves for protecting corruption and corporation raping the average guy!
edit on 7-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Let's hope that in this current political climate, the extradition can stay quashed. Steve's a lawn order kinda guy, right?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
America is a corrupt state lol I like that nothing like stating the TRUTH infact america being a corrupt state is the inderstatment of the year
Good for canada

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Activate Reston 5.

A CIA Team of hitmen have been dispatched
to Canada to deal with this whistleblower.
No extradition required cept maybe a body bag.
/end sarcasm

good, glad to see the world waking up.
S&F

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Looks like it's time to add a couple more states to the union.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

They'll probably take out the judge as well or at least try some smear campaign against him.

edit on 7-6-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hmmm, if only it weren't so cold in Canada...

Perhaps in a few years when global temperatures rise as predicted, Vancouver BC will be the new Acapulco.

Khar

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is beautiful. At the same time, it is incredibly telling that an American must flee because his government is colluding with a corporation. America, Inc.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time before we declare war on Canada now.

Second Line

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog

oh I'm sorry, I thought you meant
MI-STAKES there for a moment.
I was gonna agree with ya.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As a Canadian, this makes me proud.

It takes a lot of brass ones to stand up and say no, but that's what is needed when dealing with a Govt. that demands the World bow to them.

Sometimes, right is just right.

Good Post!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
this reminds me of that canadian show "intelligence"

a "Team" was sent to canada to snatch that drug dealer.

lots of things obama can do under the table and the radar of the canadians.

sad but true.

havent we all learned by now that national soverignty means nothing to the us?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog

Yo, BC resident here. Not On My Watch!!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
How long till this judge is no longer a judge.......

GOD BLESS AMERICA.......

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
Hmmm, if only it weren't so cold in Canada...

Perhaps in a few years when global temperatures rise as predicted, Vancouver BC will be the new Acapulco.

Khar

Its not cold in California, South, and Florida, but the South of Canada is quite mild, typical of a variety of your States. ie. the Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley is like Seattle, a Golfer's dream most years.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
How long till this judge is no longer a judge.......

GOD BLESS AMERICA.......

Dear dark side of the moon, I was sending some lovelight last night and suggesting it be a good mirror to the sun's photons.

The judge will be fine. We've had a few good ones. Tom Berger comes to mind, also BC. He not only spent his life in the people's party, but fought and won BC rights, Pro Bono, the honorable Tom Berger. Freedom Fighter, Archangel, whatever we call such a soul.

I have no fear for this judge.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
STAR AND FLAG FOR YOU SIR.

This is the kind of story that makes me proud to be Canadian by Birth.

"With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee."

Its good to see a true patriot in our nation kudos for the Judge may the North keep its freedom and always reject slavery as it has in the past.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Although we will extradite our own citizens when the states asks us to.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Excellent love this. I'm still proud to be an American but, I do love a story like this.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This makes me think back....way back to when we (Canada) refused to join the illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq.
The Bush government suddenly decided that our beef was unfit to eat and basically banned it for import to the USA.
Everybody here in Canada and I mean everybody! Knew that this was a bull# war to start with.
What did we do? well we started by putting major taxes on our softwood going to the states for the build all you can boom.
Then we hinted that just maybe our oil is not good enough for a corrupt regime to use.
Bingo within a month our beef was good enough for the Yanks :-)
Great post to the OP and S&F here
Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join