It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist arrested, held on $50k bond for exposing gov. corruption

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
What a surprise.

BREAKING NEWS: Burton arrested, held on $50,000 bond for exposing government corruption

Robert “Bob” Burton was arrested Sunday afternoon and charged with recording a telephone conversation with Ryan Tyson, the former Chief of Staff of Florida Senator Charlie Dean. During this conversation, Tyson allegedly admitted that state agencies were engaged in illegal activities. Burton later posted this recorded conversation on YouTube as evidence of corruption.

Within days of this recording being published, Burton’s home was raided, and his computer and other electronic equipment were seized by the FDLE. YouTube deleted Burton’s video under orders from a Florida judge. At roughly the same time, Tyson’s employment with Senator Dean’s office was terminated.

So youtube deleted his video... and the cops seize everything he had... I hope he made copies because the cops won't care about destroying the evidence, even if it's a felony.

Florida loves corruption. Especially the cops and the politicians protecting each other to screw the average guy.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
so so sad

the gov can record anything they want
and use it against your consent but
when the tide is reversed
it means prison time.

the deck is stacked in their favor
and avg Joes draw a losing hand
in every round.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
No, according to the article he was arrested for illegally recording a private telephone conversation and then posting it online with out permission.

Yep, he exposed something very obvious.... And he did so illegally...

I wonder... Was it worth it?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
so so sad

the gov can record anything they want
and use it against your consent but
when the tide is reversed
it means prison time.

the deck is stacked in their favor
and avg Joes draw a losing hand
in every round.

You raise a good point.

But you know... Sadly, the ones with all the "power" can do what ever they want... or so they want us to think...

I am all for getting rid of the patriot act as well. But I digress.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
well back in the day they need a warrent to wiretap and record people.

the guy has a valid defense tho he was just exercising his own personal patriot act powers.

the government does so why cant he!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

because he does not
represent TPTB

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

thats why the saying "damn the man" came about.

the powers that be are the man so damn them and may their maker have mercy on their souls

cause i dont.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
For crying out loud when will the blatant persecution of those patriots within this nation who speak truth to power be resolved?

All it takes is a bit of research, and a familiarity with Google, and anyone can find out that if you stand up for your fellow American and let them know the wrongs that are being inflicted upon us that you are screwed.

They spy on us all the time. Hell, it's freaking legal for them.

But come out, in the name of serving your oath to the Constitution, and tell the truth?

You are screwed. You are so very screwed.

Why is this happening in our country?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This is sickening. For a long time now I have wanted to build a "bait car" to expose cops who plant evidence. It would have been cool a decade ago, but now, with news like this, what's the point. Corruption is the new cool. If you aren't a buyable pawn there is no place for you in government employ. Here is a guy that exposes corruption, and he is the criminal. What the eff is it going to take here people? Vigilantism is wrong,(yea right) it is more like any process which renders results that shames the position of authority, leaders, whatever is wrong. It is the little things like this that drive good people into a silent little corner to hide from the injustice of this country. Floridians need to rally for this dude. Something. Please.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Why is this happening in our country?

The results of having war criminals and scientists from Nazi Germany shipped into the US, forgiving their crimes instead of having them punished, and have the whole Nazi mentality infect government.

Not punishing people like Prescott Bush for sympathizing with the Nazi's, letting govt crimes go unpunished and executing crimes globally, starting so called preventive wars for resources and profit for the military industrial complex, using depleted uranium in wars, people in Vietnam still dying from the use of Agent Orange.

I can go on and on and on but its all about Bad Karma, wait until the families of a million dead Iraqis want revenge.

The whole system is designed so only the families in power for hundreds of year will always win.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Grey Magic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

I've always wondered if that wasn't the root to our current problems.

Did the folks that we fought against and spilled so much blood over actually take over the controls of this country?

Your points are both valid and well taken.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Of course they did. Its the nature of the Police State they have been setting up. The fact that a citizen cannot record the words of a government official is actually kinda sad to me.
One would think that as a citizen they would have a right to snoop around a bit, as a Office of Power is not a citizen it is a position and not protected under the 4th amendment.
eh I hope that was clear.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
well back in the day they need a warrent to wiretap and record people.

the guy has a valid defense tho he was just exercising his own personal patriot act powers.

Because there's a double standard when it comes to the Patriot Act. Our government can do it to us, but we can't do it to our government. This guy's probably gonna be framed as a terrorist and get tortured...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Because there's a double standard when it comes to the Patriot Act. Our government can do it to us, but we can't do it to our government. This guy's probably gonna be framed as a terrorist and get tortured...

No way because Obama's Different than Bush and did away with the Patriot Act... wait... no?.... uh nevermind. LOL

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
After Jeb Bush, the recount scandals and the Clinton voting machine scandal Florida lost every shred of respectability it ever had.
Once upon a time the people enjoyed privacy while the government was transparent.

Talk about role reversal!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Yeah when scum like Bush, Kissinger, Rumsfeld, Cheney, John Yoo and the like are allowed to be walk free in the US, you know the rule of law doesn't exist and that the country is a banana republic.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
No, according to the article he was arrested for illegally recording a private telephone conversation and then posting it online with out permission.

Yep, he exposed something very obvious.... And he did so illegally...

I wonder... Was it worth it?

True, he did post the convo without the dudes consent but was the house raid really needed, & all the other drama? A couple of detectives showing up at his door would have been just fine. The gov is scared

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well you can't break the law in order to prove someone else broke the law. This guy believing or even proving he is corrupt doesn't erode the rights of the person being recorded. If he was smart he would have released it anomalously.. but it seems he wanted to be in the spot light more than proving any corruption.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Maybe this fellow will get lucky, and get a thinking jury? Sure would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Punisher75

A citizen cannot record one of his employees, who is comitting a crime?
hahahaha Id like to say only in America, alas its every where. What a crazy world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join