It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Substance abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Is it, if a member considers another member to be under the influence of drugs, okay to question whether they are taking such substances? Or should we flag this to Mods first?

I really don't want to beak any rules here.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

Probably best just to mind your own business unless they are a clear threat to themselves or others in the immediate future. Even then, probably just best to mind your own business.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

So you condone illegal drug use?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There really isn't any way for you to know one way or another whether someone is under the influence of anything, even if they say they are.

If you think that it is the case, just leave the thread, unless the member is breaking the T and C, then alert us.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Where did I say that?

I condone minding your own business. No one likes a tattle tail. What do you expect to come out of this anyway?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Who are you dude?

There are no rules here on ATS about being under the influence of any drug. Do you really think the mods care, and can even do anything because someone is under the influence of drugs? Browsing ATS is not like driving or starting a new job. It's none of your business, and none of the admin's business either.

Talking about being under the influence of drugs is not allowed, however. If you see someone doing that alert the post.

Otherwise, keep to yourself.

EDIT:

I'm also curious, what are you trying to accomplish? Do you want people banned if you suspect they use illegal drugs? I really don't get the point of your thread at all.
edit on 6-6-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
There really isn't any way for you to know one way or another whether someone is under the influence of anything, even if they say they are.

If you think that it is the case, just leave the thread, unless the member is breaking the T and C, then alert us.

Which is why I asked if it was okay to ask the OP or ask the Mods to ask the question.

Did anyone actually read my post?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

And what do you hope to accomplish by asking if someone is on drugs? This whole thing make absolutely no sense.

This isn't high school.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
How pathetic. Seriously dude wake up to yourself.
2nd

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I've had posts banned for not getting things right before.

I don't want it to happen again. If I think someone is on drugs I'd like to know if I'm allowed to ask the question myself or I should ask the Mods first.

Go ask the question yourself and see what happens.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

And...... 3 times you post and still refuse to answer the question of WHY you want to know if someone is on drugs?

Not to mention how stupid it is to think that, if you ask them, they are actually going to be honest?

Seriously, this has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on ATS. I'm almost wondering if its a joke.....?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I've had posts banned for not getting things right before.

This is an understatement on your part for sure now isn't it?

Pretty plain to see why!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

And...... 3 times you post and still refuse to answer the question of WHY you want to know if someone is on drugs?

Not to mention how stupid it is to think that, if you ask them, they are actually going to be honest?

Seriously, this has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on ATS. I'm almost wondering if its a joke.....?

So, if ATS publishes a post by someone suspectidly under the influence of drugs, they are legally responsible for that post. If someone alerts them and they pull it on immediade notification they are not legally responsible.If they miss the post they are liable for prosecution. Am I wrong about this law?

So if I spot a person under the influence making a libelous comment should I have a word with him/her or should I report it to Mods?

That was the question I was asking.

Could you answer that question, please?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

What does someone under the influence of drugs have to do with them making offensive posts? I don't really see the connection... people can be perfectly sober and make the same type of posts.

I'm not speaking for the mods here, but no, I don't believe they are responsible for what people post on here.

Take a look at this;

www.eff.org...

"No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider."

Meaning, ATS cannot be held accountable for what someone posts on here.

Even if they could be held accountable, I still don't understand what this has to do with someone being on drugs?

Do you think people under the influence of drugs cannot stop themselves from making death treats and slandering people or something? If only people on drugs make slanderous posts, than about 75%+ of ATS users are on drugs, because if you look in almost any controversial thread there are usually several people who make libelous comments.

So what do drug users have to do with any of it? And why do you think you are able to spot people who are on drugs based on them making libelous posts?

I'm extremely confused. So you open a thread, the thread starter says "All republicans are pedophiles" you ask the poster "are you on drugs?" He says "yes" and bam, post deleted because he is on drugs? If he wasn't on drugs, or simply lied and said he wasn't, does the post stay up? I don't really get what action is supposed to be taken here.
edit on 6-6-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The question has been answered and the topic has run its course.

Use the alert or Complaint Form if you need to alert staff to an issue.

It will be against the rules of the site to call member's out, be rude and so on because you think they may be under the influence of something. ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Closed.
edit on June 6th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
First, we don't allow the discussion of illegal activity here on ATS. This includes the taking of illegal narcotics.
Second, if a member thinks another member is under the influence, what good does it do to point it out on the boards? what good does it do to alert the mods?

What you do in your own home is your business, not ours.

Lastly, if you were implying that it was our obligation to do something about a member taking illegal narcotics, you're under the impression that we have information that would allow us to do something and we do not. Imagine the hilarity were someone to make a call and say crakeur is about to do something illegal. Crakeur who?

new topics

top topics

join