It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE HELP ME :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm super confused on this, I've been reading ATS and finally joined.. I made a thread already on introduction, but only two people commented on it... and it won't let me reply to their comments
( idk if its becasue i don't have the 20 comments yet.. or what, so somebody please help me out, something I can read. advice, i would like to contribute to this site. thanks

francine

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by francinerose

Welcome aboard.............

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Just get your post count up then you can make threads and post to them...And welcome to ATS

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
can you reply to any of these posts?
just click reply to and type in the white box.
edit on 6-6-2011 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to the zoo.

Many strange and wonderful thoughts lurk here.

Enjoy your time.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Little glitches on the net today so maybe some posts are getting caught. Solar Activity?

Welcome!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Without reading the actual content I really couldn't say.The term Hippie brings up bad thoughts to warriors like myself who are proud of Viet Nam vets,but I will try to understand your comments.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
your first thread is here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

your second thread, I'm going to trash.

This one I will close once I see you post in it. Please go ahead and give it a shot.

thanks and welcome to ATS. Conspiracies abound, such as the conspiracy to keep you from posting in your own intro thread.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

You can respond to posts all over ATS....but you cannot start a new thread until you have reached 20 posts. That is very very easy to do. Just find some topics you like and respond
Click on RECENT POSTS located on the blue menu bar to find a variety of recent topics.
edit on June 6th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Greetings and welcome!

Are you able to click "Quote" or "Reply-To" within the other members' posts?
Are you able to click 'New Thread" or "Post Reply" at the bottom of the page?

As far as I know ( besides private messaging- which you can't do yet) those are the only ways to respond or start a thread. A little white box should open that you type into.

I'd try shutting down your computer and re-logging in. Maybe your computer isn't communicating with itself completely. Plus, this place looks a lot different if you've been around for a while without making an account and suddenly there are all these other features.
Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it. I almost have

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
your first thread is here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

your second thread, I'm going to trash.

This one I will close once I see you post in it. Please go ahead and give it a shot.

thanks and welcome to ATS. Conspiracies abound, such as the conspiracy to keep you from posting in your own intro thread.

that was golden. thank you for the chuckle.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Welcome to the boards.

Been an avid reader for a long time myself before finally singing up, being able to stick an ore into any thread and ask a question is a milllion times better than just reading

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarrofDanu

didn't your parents tell you never to take candy from strangers. especially creepy old men?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Also, you may want to adjust your avatar to fit the site's rules on avatars. New Rules for Avatars and Backgrounds:

Maximum pixel dimensions: 170 pixels wide by 240 pixels high.

Maximum file size: Remains 75k

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by LarrofDanu

didn't your parents tell you never to take candy from strangers. especially creepy old men?

internet sweeties?!

where do i get some of those, im over 18 i can take it!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, hope you enjoy your stay

Originally posted by jude11

Little glitches on the net today so maybe some posts are getting caught. Solar Activity?

Welcome!

And I thought it was just my laptop playing up! Good to know its not just me

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
MODS.
If I may ask ,as part of my ongoing research,I'm wondering based on your exposure to running this this site what percentage of this information you believe factual by your own gut instinct.
I would say 70% seems to be accuarate.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7thcavtrooper
MODS.
If I may ask ,as part of my ongoing research,I'm wondering based on your exposure to running this this site what percentage of this information you believe factual by your own gut instinct.

its a debate site, i dont really think thats a fair question nor one that a mod might even be able to answer.

*waits patiently*

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

while it's completely off topic, what the staff, owners and admin believe varies. Some believe in aliens, others don't, some believe there was someone else on the grassy knoll, others believe that Oswald acted alone. Some feel 9/11 was an inside job, others don't.
some feel bud light tastes great, others feel it is less filling.

some feel like a nut, some don't.

with close to 100 staff members, there's going to be diversity of opinion and ours is minor compared the whole of the site.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7thcavtrooper
MODS.

You are more than welcome to pose this question on your own thread in the BBQ forum (Board Business and Questions) since it really is not germane to this thread

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join